Which Cricut EasyPress 2 sizes are right for you?
One size does not fit all!
That is why there are four Cricut EasyPress 2 machine sizes, and we love every one of them for different reasons. Read on to learn about the benefits of each machine and how size impacts the use and selection. We’ll also provide a few project ideas for each size to help you determine which EasyPress 2 is right for your makes and creative style.
The Cricut EasyPress 2 machine family includes a range of versatile sizes with precise temperature control up to 400°F (205°C), which also makes for faster Infusible Ink transfers. It’s easy to take on any heat-transfer project when you have even heat from edge to edge, simple controls, and smart safety features of these machines.
For more information on how Cricut EasyPress machines compare, check out this Cricut EasyPress comparison chart.
If you already have an idea of which size you like, you can jump to that section below and learn more about that specific size.
- Cricut EasyPress Mini
- Cricut EasyPress 2 – 6″ x 7″ size
- Cricut EasyPress 2 – 9″ x 9″ size
- Cricut EasyPress 2 – 12″ x 10″ size
Or skip to a few tips for using the Cricut EasyPress 2.
Things to consider when purchasing a Cricut EasyPress 2
- Find a size that corresponds with your needs
- A heat plate that is too big will be awkward on small projects and risks uneven pressing over seams (learn more about iron-on and seams).
- A heat plate that is too small will require multiple presses to complete your project and risks over-processing iron-on material or fading with Infusible Ink products
- What are the dimensions of the projects you make most often?
- The dimensions of your most common projects can help you determine the size(s) needed for your EasyPress 2 machine.
- What type of surface will you be pressing onto?
- Are most of the surfaces flat? Do you often press over seams or other uneven spots? Will you need more tip and edge control over your presses?
- Do you need to travel with your EasyPress 2?
- The larger-sized EasyPress 2 machines are, as you can imagine, larger and heavier than the smaller-sized machines. Consider the size and weight of each machine should you be traveling with your EasyPress 2.
Okay, let’s get started! Let’s take a look at each of the different Cricut EasyPress 2 machine sizes.
All about Cricut EasyPress Mini
Just 1.92″ wide by 3.25″ tall
Unusual objects and improbable projects are no longer a challenge! With three easy heat settings, Cricut EasyPress Mini makes professional heat-transfer results possible for even your most shapely objects and projects, including baby shoes, hats, stuffed animals, and more.
Cricut EasyPress Mini is also perfect for pressing designs where the surfaces are a bit more challenging. The thoughtful, compact design allows for on-to-go accessibility and effortless execution. Unlike the designs of our other EasyPress 2 machines, the EasyPress Mini has been designed with tip and edge control in mind. Easily curve with the contours of the surface, get between the buttons, and squeeze into seams.
It’s also our secret weapon for sewing and quilting projects. A mainstay in the workspace, we often use it for a quick press of the seams!
Ready to start using the Cricut EasyPress Mini? There are endless possibilities, but here’s a small list of project thought-starters.
- Personalized shoes
- Custom hats
- Pocket designs
- Unique shapes
- Clothing labels and tags
- Jewelry and accessories
And, here are a few projects that fully utilize the Cricut EasyPress Mini adding incredible details around seams, buttons, and pockets:
Cricut EasyPress 2 – 6″ x 7″ (15 cm x 17.5 cm)
3.3 lbs (1.5 kg)
Aside from Cricut EasyPress Mini, this 6″ x 7″ press is the smallest size of our EasyPress 2 family. The small size makes this press handy for anyone wanting a lightweight, portable machine. It also makes it easy to create projects like baby bodysuits, children’s clothing, and smaller footprint projects that may just be out of range for the EasyPress Mini.
Ready to start using the Cricut EasyPress – 6″ x 7″? There are endless possibilities, but here’s a small list of project thought-starters.
- Baby clothes and blankets
- Mittens or gloves
- Small tote bags
- Storage containers
And, here are a few projects to take into account for this 6″ x 7″ size:
Cricut EasyPress 2 – 9″ x 9″ (22.5 cm x 22.5 cm)
5.73 lbs (2.6 kg)
The Cricut EasyPress 2 – 9″ x 9″ size may be our top pick for an all-around press, particularly if find yourself pressing onto flat surfaces without too many challenges. In those cases, we recommend the addition of the EasyPress Mini.
Do you find yourself making a variety of projects that are typically within an average dimension? Are they typically smaller than 9″ x 9″ but a little too big for the 6″ x 7″ press? Then, this could be your everyday workhorse! As with all our EasyPress 2 machines, this press delivers pro-level performance in a home-friendly design. It’s not as clunky or takes up as much room as an industrial press and it even comes in several colors to complement your decor style.
Ready to start using the Cricut EasyPress – 9″ x 9″ size? There are endless possibilities, but here’s a small list of project thought-starters.
- Smaller T-shirts and apparel items
- Wine totes
- Kitchen towels
And, here are a few projects to help you get making with this 9″ x 9″ size:
Cricut EasyPress 2 – 12″ x 10″ (30 cm x 25 cm)
8.6 lbs. (3.9 kg)
Are you consistently making projects larger than 9″ x 9″? This Cricut EasyPress 12″ x 10″ is ideal as the largest machine in our Cricut EasyPress 2 family. Gain the largest coverage area possible for your pressed projects!
For those larger footprint projects, reduce the number of presses. For those smaller but consistently sized projects, reduce the time it takes by pressing more at once. This larger coverage area also allows As with our other EasyPress 2 machines, this press provides even edge-to-edge heating and a ceramic-coated surface to provide professional transfer quality. Just set the temperature and time before you let it do its thing!
Ready to start using the Cricut EasyPress – 12″ x 10″ size? There are endless possibilities, but here’s a small list of project thought-starters.
- Larger T-shirts and apparel items
- Fully designed sleeves or pant legs
- Bath towels
- Sets of coasters
And, here are a few projects to spur that creativity with this 12″ x 10″ size:
A few more tips
- Work on a firm, flat surface that is heat resistant (such as a marble-top kitchen island or wooden craft table) for the best results.
- Avoid surfaces that are not stable (such as flimsy tables or unsteady ironing boards) that may promote “ghosting” or misalignment when pressing your projects.
- Protect your work surface with a pressing mat. You may also substitute a sturdy towel for the mat.
- Always use a mat that is equal or larger in size than the machine you are using to press your projects.
- Note that each situation may call for a different setting. Mat? Towel? Cotton? Wood? Iron-on? Infusible Ink?
- Use the interactive Heat Guide for our tried and true tested settings.
Find more tips and troubleshooting help in our Cricut EasyPress help site.
Don’t forget that finding the best-sized model(s) for your needs can come down to the size of your most common projects. The EasyPress Mini makes it easy to press over seams, and it’s great for smaller, intricate projects. Although, the larger-sized EasyPress 2 machines are more convenient for bigger projects. They may also be a timesaver by allowing you to press multiple projects at once or cutting down the number of presses you may have for a big project.
Did you decide on the best size for you? You can also find which Cricut machine is right for you.