The Ramadan Calendar You Need For 2022
Here, Samara shares a tutorial below for a perfect personalised calendar that you can make for Ramadan celebrations in 2022.
You will need:
- Cricut Machine – Cricut Joy™, Cricut Explore Air™ 2, Cricut Explore™ 3, Cricut Maker™, Cricut Maker™ 3
- 30 Velvet pouch bags – ours are sized 15cmx12cm
- Smart Iron-on™ Glitter Vinyl
- Cricut EasyPress Mini™
- Gift Box
How to make:
- Open up a new project in Design Space and write out the numbers 1 to 30. Select your desired font and size. The numbers on my bags are approximately 6 cm tall. Also select any images you would like to decorate your bags with. Heads to images and search for Ramadan for a variety of images that could be used.
2. When you are happy with your design, select ‘Make It’. Cut them on your Cricut machine using your Smart Iron-on. Don’t forget to mirror your design and load the vinyl with the shiny side facing down.
3. Once cut out, use your weeding tool to remove the parts you don’t need.
4. Arrange the numbers and images how you would like. I put the number on the bottom right and icons on the top left. I played around with placement and found this worked for me.
5. Consult the Cricut Heat Guide for recommended heat settings as well as after-care for your project. Once you have the recommended heat settings, set your EasyPress to the correct temperature.
6. Press the Iron-on vinyl to your bag using your EasyPress.
7. I also personalised a gift box for my pouches to go in. Repeat the steps above for this to create a beautiful box that will bring a smile to the recipient’s face.
Now you have 30 gorgeous little pouches to fill with mini books, flashcards, toys, chocolates or whatever else you please. I made some flashcards on my Cricut machine to put in the pouches.
Thank you Samara
Ramadan Projects in Design Space
There is more Ramadan inspiration in Cricut Design Space. Click here to see the selection, which includes the following projects:
Festive Wall Lantern
Create and showcase these beautiful lanterns as centerpieces on your Iftar tables to brighten up the night. Nobody would believe these were made out of paper.
These beautiful bookmarks are great for holding your place in the Quran. With only three paper colours you can make multidimensional bookmarks.
You can see more Ramadan tutorials on the blog here.
Don’t forget to share with us on Instagram your creations using @cricut_uk and tell us the projects you’re making for Ramadan this year. If there’s anything else you’d love for us to add to our project library in Design Space make sure you let us know with a message or a comment.