Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

kelleykreates Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2011 5:16:34 AM(UTC)
kelleykreates

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Which I did. I had the correct cartridge in my E2 and it still wouldn't cut. It wouldn't recognize that the cartridge was actually in the machine. Do I need to do something or register my carts somewhere? Thanks!!!
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2011 6:14:05 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7571 time(s) in 3534 post(s)
I haven't had any luck cutting with my E2 from CCR yet. I either have the same problem you're having or can't get CCR to recognise that the E2 is connected.

However.... when I get that message cutting to my Expression I usually just wait about 10 - 20 seconds and it recognises the cart is there.

(Registering your carts or adding them to your bookmarks isn't necessary for cutting purposes.)

scraphappysteph Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2011 9:02:57 AM(UTC)
scraphappysteph

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 433 time(s) in 325 post(s)
I believe I cut from my E2 and CCR yesterday. I did do cricut sync with it first and it was all good. Good luck BigGrin
Mercy Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 04, 2011 1:50:07 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kelleykreates Go to Quoted Post
Which I did. I had the correct cartridge in my E2 and it still wouldn't cut. It wouldn't recognize that the cartridge was actually in the machine. Do I need to do something or register my carts somewhere? Thanks!!!

Hmm...I am wondering if you added the E2 driver? Go to "Help, Install drivers" and click E2. If it installs the driver, then that could be your problem. If it does not install your driver then of course there is something more that is going on. Let us know the outcome.
kelleykreates Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 05, 2011 8:31:11 AM(UTC)
kelleykreates

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I tried to install the E2 driver but nothing happened. I did change my default machine to the E2 but still won't cut. Very frustrating and I'm not really happy with the program thus far. And it is soooooo slow too.
Mercy Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 05, 2011 12:15:55 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: kelleykreates Go to Quoted Post
I tried to install the E2 driver but nothing happened. I did change my default machine to the E2 but still won't cut. Very frustrating and I'm not really happy with the program thus far. And it is soooooo slow too.

When you first received the E2, did you add the drivers from C Sync?
got2bcrafting Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, June 06, 2011 4:01:44 PM(UTC)
got2bcrafting

United States

Was thanked: 715 time(s) in 541 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mercy Go to Quoted Post
When you first received the E2, did you add the drivers from C Sync?

Mercy... I can not install the drivers for either my E2 or Imagine on my new laptop. For some reason it won't recognize either machine. (they both work downstairs on my desktop computer, but the whole reason for the laptop was so I didn't have to lug them downstairs.

I have tried using all 4 USB ports and nothing works. I have also turned off my firewall, tried booting my computer with and without the USB plugged in, turned on the machines before and after I plugged in the USB etc. Do you have any suggestions?? Thanks so much.
Mercy Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, June 06, 2011 4:39:49 PM(UTC)
Mercy

When you first connected your E2 to the laptop, did you hear a noise or see something to indicate that your computer recognized your E2? If it did and you were able to install the initial update, but it will not cut from CCR, then it is CCR but if your computer never recognized the E2, then you might an issue. Let us know.
TonyMarucci Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2011 8:35:00 AM(UTC)
TonyMarucci

I was helping my mother in law to get Craft Room working with her Expression. At first it did not recognize the device at all. Then we loaded the drivers from the FTDI website and it recognized the device. We still had the problems with Craft Room not recognizing the cartridges, but as far as I can tell, this is not a problem which has been solved by anyone as of yet. My next step when I visit next will probably be to update her .NET framework again to see if that may help. I don't imagine it will, but it's worth a try. Here's a link to the FTDI website for the USB drivers:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm

I think we ended up having to use the D2XX drivers, but if that doesn't work for you maybe you could try the VCP drivers.
JennLorist Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2011 9:14:51 AM(UTC)
JennLorist

Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 46 post(s)
When I go to cut any of the pre-loaded carts with my E2, CCR keeps telling me to insert cart. I called PC and they told me they are having numerous complaints and are trying to work on the problem. At first I was able to cut with American Alphabet and then the next day it told me to insert cart, very frustrating!!!! I did the updates and tried again just to make sure, and it said my E2 is up to date!!!

Jenn
HollyHudspeth Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2011 6:27:25 PM(UTC)
HollyHudspeth

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 309 post(s)
Hmm...I am wondering if you added the E2 driver? Go to "Help, Install drivers" and click E2. If it installs the driver, then that could be your problem. If it does not install your driver then of course there is something more that is going on. Let us know the outcome.

When I click install drivers and select the Imagine or the E2 nothing happens. When I click the expression a download next step window appears.

CricketCMV Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, June 09, 2011 8:51:25 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 7583 time(s) in 4440 post(s)
Originally Posted by: HollyHudspeth Go to Quoted Post
When I click install drivers and select the Imagine or the E2 nothing happens. When I click the expression a download next step window appears.

Holly - I don't know if this will be helpful--just grasping at straws for you! Do you have the machine you're trying to install drivers for hooked up to your computer BEFORE you go into CCR? ALSO, before you do that, make sure you have told CCR that you are using the machine you have hooked up in OPTIONS/CRAFTROOM where you show CCR what machine you are working with at the time. Then, when you go to HELP to install the new driver/s, does it show that machine you need to download the drivers for?

Again, I'm only grasping at straws and trying to help.

Char
HollyHudspeth Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2011 6:39:36 PM(UTC)
HollyHudspeth

When you first connected your E2 to the laptop, did you hear a noise or see something to indicate that your computer recognized your E2? If it did and you were able to install the initial update, but it will not cut from CCR, then it is CCR but if your computer never recognized the E2, then you might an issue. Let us know.

When I pull the USB cord for both the Imagine and E2 from the laptop, I get a signal indicating that the hardware is disconnected. I was able to install and remembered the drivers were installed when I installed my E2 and the Imagine. The imagine was cutting, but now it is just printing. The E2 is not recognizing the cartridges, even though they are in.
HollyHudspeth Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2011 6:40:55 PM(UTC)
HollyHudspeth

Originally Posted by: JennLorist Go to Quoted Post
When I go to cut any of the pre-loaded carts with my E2, CCR keeps telling me to insert cart. I called PC and they told me they are having numerous complaints and are trying to work on the problem. At first I was able to cut with American Alphabet and then the next day it told me to insert cart, very frustrating!!!! I did the updates and tried again just to make sure, and it said my E2 is up to date!!!

Jenn

Same thing, I am up to date on both the E2 and the Imagine when I go to cricut sync. I have uninstalled CCR and Cricut Sync and reinstalled...again no luck.