Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

mpmenjivar58456d75 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 10:05:49 PM(UTC)
mpmenjivar58456d75

Groups: Registered

I am just about to throw this machine out of the window. This is a replacement machine since my first one was a lemon. I am starting a project of Alice and wonderland "cards" and if I try and cut a heart out any bigger than 2 inches, it squares off the round Cursing ends. Does anyone know why it may be happening? I am at a loss. Besides that, I am constantly having to restart my Cricut Craft Room software and turn off machine so that my computer detects the machine to cut.

Cursing
JoyceG Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 11:26:54 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 884 time(s) in 576 post(s)
I don't have any suggestions for the squaring of cuts but I sometimes had problems with CCR freezing. I think my problem was that my laptop that I use only for CCR is set to go into sleep mode after a few minutes. So unless I stayed right with the machine and kept moving the mouse, it seemed to stop communicating with my machine and sometimes even stop cutting. I had my hubby shut dow the sleep/shut down mode and it hasn't happened since he changed it.

I use CCR and Another thing I started doing was not turning on my cricut machine until after I clicked CUT. I started doing that a while back because my machine seemed to go into shutdown mode if it wasn't used in a certain amount of minutes.

I have also noticed my cord that connects my laptop to my machine is loose, so sometimes I need to wiggle it to get a good connection.

Joyce
*Meg* Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 6:43:32 AM(UTC)
*Meg*

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 60 post(s)
It would help narrow down the problem if you tried your cut directly from the cart (not through CCR). Does your machine cut the heart properly if you don't go through CCR?
TammyPuckett Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 7:03:27 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 319 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Is your blade housing in properly & when was the last time you changed your blade? I find that when my blade starts to dull, my cuts aren't good!

I also know that there was a problem with blades for a while!

Edited by user Friday, January 17, 2014 7:03:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified