Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

LouisianaScrapper Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 04, 2013 11:08:07 PM(UTC)
LouisianaScrapper

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I just opened my big mouth and now I need help. I just volunteered to make a secondary craft for my son's 2nd grade class Christmas party. I told them I would more than likely use the cricut. I said that I would make sure that it was a simple enough craft for the kids to take home to do if we ran out of time and could not finish. It is a Catholic private school so religious based crafts are fine to do. But I have no ideas and told them I would get back to them in a couple of days with my idea. Does anyone else have any ideas for me? PLEASE!!!
Olivia'sNana Online
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 4:53:25 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 779 time(s) in 351 post(s)
place mats for their Christmas dinner table.

These are Thanksgiving place mats that I made for my granddaughter and great niece for their dinner table. Could easily be changed to a Christmas theme. You could select a Christmas theme(s) and have all the cuts done and the mat base put together and let the students decorate. The mat itself is a solid color piece of card stock and a printed paper cut down and folded in half lengthwise and glued to each end of the solid by sandwiching the solid into the open end fold about a 1/4" or so and gluing on both sides. I think I may have cut the solid to an 8"x8" and the two end pieces maybe 6x8 and then folded to make 3x8. Can't remember for sure the sizes. The back side gives them a blank area for drawing with crayolas while waiting for dinner.

Don't know how much time or how many students you have, but you may could cut each of their names to put on the mat. Welding any title and/or their names would cut down on the number of pieces.
Olivia'sNana attached the following image(s):
resource.jpg
Kazalah Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 4:27:11 PM(UTC)
Kazalah

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 125 post(s)
You could cut out gingerbread men and "parts" for them and just let the kids decorate them adding a string to the top so it can be hung on the tree...

Lori
JennyWalz Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 4:26:31 PM(UTC)
JennyWalz

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 27 post(s)
This has nothing to do with the Cricut or a Catholic theme (mine is also at a Catholic school), but a project I am doing at our school tomorrow for the Kindergarten class. We are taking the sugar ice cream cones and turning them into Christmas trees. I will be frosting the trees in either white or green frosting and letting the kids decorate however they desire. I am taking a variety of sprinkles, gel writers and mini M&M's. I also bought some plastic printed bags for them to take them home in. I planned for each child to make 2, one to eat for snack and 1 to take home.

Good luck!

Jenny