Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

anirtak19139418503 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 3:13:26 PM(UTC)
anirtak19139418503

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
evening all, i have a cricut personal cutter, and mainly use the craft room as i find it easier than just pressing the buttons on the cricut.
the problem i have is i have come across 3 shapes so far that do not cut out properly. the one is the accent on the craft room basics, bottom row 6th from left. this just seems to cut half the shape as is should and the other half, well not like it should look, kinda opposite instead of a curved edge its going right up and pointed.
the other imagaes i have been having problems with are on the ornamental iron 2 cartirdge, that i have linked to the craft room, and shapes gate 1b, and gate 6b are cutting out but then they end up with a cut slashing across one part cutting the swirl on side side into smaller bits. its the left side on 1 of them cant remember what side on the other with the oval frame on the top half. it was suggested that if there are cutting problems it could be to do with my cutting mat, but i have just started using a new mat, and i changed the blade at the same time. everything else i have cut out on it this evening is fine, but the ornamental iron ones are new, the craft room basics shape i found out about a couple of weeks ago.
could it be something to do with my machine, or maybe the shapes have been put in wrong somewhere during their creation.

i would be very grateful for any advice or help you can offer on this matter please.

many thanx
katrina
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 3:27:29 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7601 time(s) in 3545 post(s)
I'll give those shapes a try and let you know how I get on.

scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 4:31:02 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18430 time(s) in 8191 post(s)
I've used both the basic and the shift image from Craft Room Basics without any problems. Are you just cutting the shape or welding it to another shape or otherwise manipulating the image?
anirtak19139418503 Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 4:45:50 PM(UTC)
anirtak19139418503

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
hi, no i was just cutting the image, all i did with it was resize and turn it round on its side as i needed it too wide to fit over the 6 inch width of my cutting mat.about 5.5 by 6.5 inch was the size i needed.
katrina
JessicaKinsel Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 8:47:33 AM(UTC)
JessicaKinsel

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I have this happen when using my personal cutter. Different cartridges. It just did it just now when I was cutting a number on the varsity letter cart. Im getting sick of it as it almost always happens when I am cutting vinyl.

Jessica