Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

24 Pages<1234>»
CraftyOldBat Offline
#31 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:34:18 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 390 time(s) in 325 post(s)
Getting ready: went down the basement last night and pulled a few items from the alterables totes that fit the criteria, started perusing Pinterest for ideas, making my list...
planlady19 Offline
#32 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 10:26:48 AM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 269 time(s) in 252 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CraftyOldBat Go to Quoted Post
Getting ready: went down the basement last night and pulled a few items from the alterables totes that fit the criteria, started perusing Pinterest for ideas, making my list...

oh no cob list is that like Santa's list being checked twice for naughty and nice!!!!

Have to get busy so I can find all my goodies for this one..

Terri
JeanP Offline
#33 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 10:27:57 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 731 time(s) in 614 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
Cricut Junkie: It's always nice to see old faces come back for the holidays!

I need an address and alternative email and/or cell # for texting too

I also need same info from LorifromTx.

The rest of you are on my list already.

Hope it's not the "naughty" listBigGrin

cricutjunky Offline
#34 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:35:49 PM(UTC)
cricutjunky

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Gwynne, I pm'd you my info thanks!!!

Scrapin*Creations Offline
#35 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 10:46:36 PM(UTC)
Scrapin*Creations

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 90 post(s)
thinking about this....
ScrappinGwen Offline
#36 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 5:40:17 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 652 time(s) in 533 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrapin*Creations Go to Quoted Post
thinking about this....

Ali! I can't believe you are only "thinking" about this! It's Christmas! lol

I do hope you decide to join!

craftmomof8 Offline
#37 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 4:36:04 PM(UTC)
craftmomof8

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am new to the Cricut boards but not new to crafting or the swapping. Can I join this? Sounds so much fun!!
kckid68 Offline
#38 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 5:12:04 PM(UTC)
kckid68

United States

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
I would like to join this swap. I was a member last year and had alot of fun.

kckid68 (Pam in Ks)
planlady19 Offline
#39 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 6:09:49 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Hey COB is it time to start tap tap tapping yet.. LOL LOL
ScrappinGwen Offline
#40 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:06:07 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I have sent both craftymomof8 and kckid a PM.

It's always been my rule of thumb to not allow someone with no swap history with me to join a major swap, a partner swap, at the holidays.

I personally do not have time to angel a box in December and I don't feel comfortable asking others to drop everything the week before Christmas to make projects to mail to the person who got flaked on. So I choose to be stricter with this Christmas swap as a precautionary measure.

Please do look for swaps that interest you in the new year to join and gain experience so you will be all set to go for future holiday swaps. and I have offered swaps for newbies in the past, so that will be something to look for too next year.

Again, I'm sorry and I hope you understand my point of view.

Edited by user Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:07:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#41 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 7:26:48 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Don't start tapping just yet!

I'm just starting to work on who is going to be making for who...but need some time. Plus want to hear back from Ali too!

Besides, I only just opened up this swap and kinda wanted to leave it open thru one weekend. lol

CraftyOldBat Offline
#42 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 8:20:38 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 390 time(s) in 325 post(s)
Originally Posted by: planlady19 Go to Quoted Post
Hey COB is it time to start tap tap tapping yet.. LOL LOL

I'm just starting to work on who is going to be making for who...but need some time. Plus want to hear back from Ali too!

Besides, I only just opened up this swap and kinda wanted to leave it open thru one weekend. lol

I was going to say no it was too soon. Even though I'm super itchy to start creating so I can take my time, I think all major swaps should be open a week..
Kiethann Offline
#43 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 12:45:44 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 442 time(s) in 333 post(s)
Went to Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and JoAnns yesterday to look for items. Also, was checking out at Michaels and discovered several of the Cricut Cartridges on a spin around display. All $29.99 on sale for $19.00 and those $49.99 on sale for $29.00. I bought one for my sister who has been looking for it and found three I do not already have. no Christmas ones though. At JoAnns, Darice Embossing folders 2 for $5.00. I bought 6 of those.

Also found some items I can use for this swap to alter.

A big hi to my future secret sister!
JeanP Offline
#44 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 12:50:05 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: Kiethann Go to Quoted Post
Went to Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and JoAnns yesterday to look for items. Also, was checking out at Michaels and discovered several of the Cricut Cartridges on a spin around display. All $29.99 on sale for $19.00 and those $49.99 on sale for $29.00. I bought one for my sister who has been looking for it and found three I do not already have. no Christmas ones though. At JoAnns, Darice Embossing folders 2 for $5.00. I bought 6 of those.

Also found some items I can use for this swap to alter.

A big hi to my future secret sister!

Sounds like you made out pretty good!!!!!

motherloves3 Offline
#45 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 3:21:09 PM(UTC)
motherloves3

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 296 time(s) in 179 post(s)
I just mailed my first swap - the Christmas recipe swap. I would really like join this swap if there is room. I love Christmas and love to create, and hate to be late with anything. BigGrin

(I live in Canada, hope that isn't an issue. I do realize I have to mail it earlier)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#46 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 3:32:51 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I would have to have someone join that is willing to mail to Canada. So we will just have to wait and see what happens this weekend.

You have to remember that this is a major swap with 20 items...so a nice size box...which means extremely expensive for us to mail to Canada. I imagine mailing 20 recipes isn't quite so expensive.

It takes the fun right out of swapping for you Canadians, I know....

Edited by user Friday, September 20, 2013 3:35:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DonnaSchnees Offline
#47 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 5:50:53 PM(UTC)
DonnaSchnees

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 112 post(s)
I would like to join:)
motherloves3 Offline
#48 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 6:27:23 PM(UTC)
motherloves3

Canada

I would have to have someone join that is willing to mail to Canada. So we will just have to wait and see what happens this weekend.

You have to remember that this is a major swap with 20 items...so a nice size box...which means extremely expensive for us to mail to Canada. I imagine mailing 20 recipes isn't quite so expensive.

It takes the fun right out of swapping for you Canadians, I know....

I do understand and I will wait and see what happens. It is more expensive for me to mail to the US than for you to mail up here. Our postage is so expensive here.Sad
ScrappinGwen Offline
#49 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 6:27:57 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Originally Posted by: motherloves3 Go to Quoted Post
I just mailed my first swap - the Christmas recipe swap. I would really like join this swap if there is room. I love Christmas and love to create, and hate to be late with anything. BigGrin

(I live in Canada, hope that isn't an issue. I do realize I have to mail it earlier)

Okay, we have the Canada mailing figured out....so you are now able to join. Please send me your name and mailing address, alternative contact info please.

beetlebugmart Offline
#50 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 6:33:11 PM(UTC)
beetlebugmart

United States

Was thanked: 167 time(s) in 105 post(s)
Questions:

1. Your Christmas decorating style and colors used in your home:
I use traditional colors-red and green. Blues, silvers, I don't have a "set" style.
2. Please list some inexpensive wishlist items for your SS to consider treating you with:
Stickles, TH Distress ink pads, Glimmer mist, perfect pearls. I'll be happy with anything!
3. Using the list of ideas in Post 1 for ideas, is there anything you would love to have made for your by your SS? Or, in the alternative, is there certain items you do not need more of?
I would love anything and am not picky. All of you ladies are so creative, that I know I would be happy with anything. I would like a mini album b/c I have never made one. But just use your creative juices!
4. Your favorite food/snack holiday treat?Cookies and candy. I love Christmas goodies!
5. Do you have a preference for notecards, thank you cards, or giftcard holders? I don't need any thank you cards but anything else is fine.
6. Do you do Layouts? 8x8 or different size? I do 12x12.
7. Snowman lover? Or something else you would prefer for a wintry, but not Christmas-y theme?
I love snowmen, reindeer, Santa, elves. I love it all, so anything will be appreciated.
8. List some of your favorite Christmas Carols.
Rudolph, Frosty, Santa Claus is coming to Town,Jingle Bells.
9. Are you okay with receiving religious items?
No thank you. I don't celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday.
10. Are you okay with religious type of holiday verses on cards or other projects?
No thank you. I don't celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday.
11. For Christmas themed crafts - do you prefer traditional, modern, or vintage style?I haven't had too much experience with vintage but I would love anything. I am trying to branch out in my crafting. So just make me what is good with you.
12. If your partner were to make you a Mini Album or Altered Frame, tray, etc - would you prefer Christmas theme or other theme?Either or. Whatever makes them comfortable but I guess since it's a Christmas swap to go ahead and make me Christmas.
13. Your style of crafting preferred overall?I don't have a preference. I craft what I like and it could always be anything! I am trying to learn new and different techniques though. Vintage, steampunk,grunge. Anything is fine with me.
14.One big item on your wishlist. Hmm, I would love the Frightful Affair cartridge or A Quilted Christmas. But I don't expect anything big or for you to spend a lot of money on it.

Edited by user Monday, October 14, 2013 7:09:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Additional questions to answer

CandyHazzard Offline
#51 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 6:36:06 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 174 time(s) in 158 post(s)
OK, I've resisted long enough ... I need one Christmas swap

1. Your Christmas decorating style and colors used in your home:Traditional Red / Green
2. Please list some inexpensive wishlist items for your SS to consider treating you with: TH glitter (have to try one at least), bling, any Prima flowers or flourishes, ATG refills
3. Using the list of ideas in Post 1 for ideas, is there anything you would love to have made for your by your SS? Or, in the alternative, is there certain items you do not need more of? I have a banner, don't have room for more; I would love any kind of tree ornament
4. Your favorite food/snack holiday treat? Any chocolate / mint combo
5. Do you have a preference for notecards, thank you cards, or giftcard holders? Notecards
6. Do you do Layouts? 8x8 or different size? yes, 12 X 12 mostly
7. Snowman lover? Or something else you would prefer for a wintry, but not Christmas-y theme? I like snowmen, I also collect mini pill boxes
8. List some of your favorite Christmas Carols. White Christmas, Snoopy vs the Red Baron
9. Are you okay with receiving religious items? Prefer not, although I like angels
10. Are you okay with religious type of holiday verses on cards or other projects? Prefer not

11. For Christmas themed crafts - do you prefer traditional, modern, or vintage style? Either traditional or vintage
12. If your partner were to make you a Mini Album or Altered Frame, tray, etc - would you prefer Christmas theme or other theme? Either would be fine
13. Your style of crafting preferred overall? I like most styles, so whatever my partner is most comfortable with is fine (well not too cutesy)
14. More pricey items I would like the Susan Cockburn Sunflower die set, the Martha punch with the row of cats or the Sizzix mason jar die, 12 X 12 pad of any G45 paper ... any of which could satisfy a few directives
15. Maggie stamps? I like the look of them, and have a couple, but I do not use them very often, so there is none that I would particularly like to have, with the possible exception of any of the bride and groom ones.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:16:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: one more question

#52 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 11:10:59 PM(UTC)
Scrapin*Creations

Ok Gwynne, you twisted my arm..LOL I'm in.

I'll be back to answer questions later on,
Ali

ScrappinGwen Offline
#53 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 8:06:45 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Wow! I'm super pleased with having a nice sized group of swappers to work with this round!

If anyone is still thinking about joining, you need to make your decision soon as I plan on assigning partners Sunday evening.

Just a friendly reminder that you do need some swap history with us to join and this is not a swap for the inexperienced. Afterall, being required to fulfil 20 directives is a major undertaking. I have found that these larger partner Christmas swaps run much smoother when the gals that join already have some swapping experience.

A lot of love and hard work will go into thise swap boxes and we all want to send and receive equally. So please, please, please do not wait until the last minute to work on this swap! It will backfire on you, I guarantee!

motherloves3 Offline
#54 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 10:42:03 AM(UTC)
motherloves3

Canada

My answers to the Questions:

1. Your Christmas decorating style and colors used in your home: Collect Santas. colors red and dark green, dusty rose/burgundy.
2. Please list some inexpensive wishlist items for your SS to consider treating you with: embossing folders, 1/4" ATG refills, white gel pens, love washi tape, glossy accents, prima flowers, Disney/spiderman paper,zig 2 way glue pens, brads,vinyl, shrink dink sheets. I would love to try something with steam punk because I don't know much about it.

3. Using the list of ideas in Post 1 for ideas, is there anything you would love to have made for your by your SS? Or, in the alternative, is there certain items you do not need more of? I collect Christmas ornaments (santas or snowman). I have never made or received a mini album. Do not need note cards, stickpins, cricut PJ's, dangles.

4. Your favorite food/snack holiday treat? mint choc, toffees (don't like coffee) Lindt truffles
5. Do you have a preference for notecards, thank you cards, or giftcard holders? thank you cards, sympathy cards, birthday cards childrens, giftcard holders
6. Do you do Layouts? 8x8 or different size? I am a card maker but 8x8 layouts are fine
7. Snowman lover? Or something else you would prefer for a wintry, but not Christmas-y theme? Snowman, angels - but my favorite is Santas!
8. List some of your favorite Christmas Carols. Silver Bells, Grandma got run over by a Reindeer, I love all Christmas songs - I love christmas
9. Are you okay with receiving religious items? No thank you but do like angels
10. Are you okay with religious type of holiday verses on cards or other projects? would prefer not religious

11. For Christmas themed crafts - do you prefer traditional, modern, or vintage style? [size=7]I like traditional or vintage
12. If your partner were to make you a Mini Album or Altered Frame, tray, etc - would you prefer Christmas theme or other theme? [size=7]I would love a Christmas mini album, not really into altered frames
13. Your style of crafting preferred overall? [size=7]not sure I have a style, maybe whimsical or classy, but like nice workmanship
14. Just in case your SS would like to treat you with one extra special gift, please list an item or two that you would love to have in your craftroom, that is more pricey then say a tube of glue. I like the new Cricut Cuttlebug Cut and Emboss folders. The new Cricut cartridge - EDGE to EDGE (don't have Joanns in Canada so cant get it here).

Edited by user Wednesday, October 09, 2013 10:58:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

planlady19 Offline
#55 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 12:27:54 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

OH but it is so much fun to tap.. Ali Gwen doesn't twist arms.. just pokes them a little.
Glad to see some of the old faces back for another round.

I am working on finishing up fall and Halloween projects this weekend so I will be ready for this..

I am planning a major shopping trip in a couple of weeks.. Which means I get to go to the larger craft stores which are all two hours away it just depends on which direction we go.. An I have a conference in October that means I go past an AC Moore Store which I never get to do so that is a plus for having to drive 3 hours to the conference by myself. So I am going to allow extra time to stop there on both the way over and then 3 days later on the way home.. LOL LOL LOL LOL

Have a great week everyone.

Terri
JeanP Offline
#56 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 12:53:13 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: planlady19 Go to Quoted Post
OH but it is so much fun to tap.. Ali Gwen doesn't twist arms.. just pokes them a little.
Glad to see some of the old faces back for another round.

I am working on finishing up fall and Halloween projects this weekend so I will be ready for this..

I am planning a major shopping trip in a couple of weeks.. Which means I get to go to the larger craft stores which are all two hours away it just depends on which direction we go.. An I have a conference in October that means I go past an AC Moore Store which I never get to do so that is a plus for having to drive 3 hours to the conference by myself. So I am going to allow extra time to stop there on both the way over and then 3 days later on the way home.. LOL LOL LOL LOL

Have a great week everyone.

Terri

I think she said Sunday for partners.
Better wait till then to start your list.

Other than a couple buy items(like treats or wish list item) everything else will be made from my stash!!! I have enough to start my own store.(my DD says so anyway)BigGrin
Anxiously awaiting my partner.
DonnaSchnees Offline
#57 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 1:39:07 PM(UTC)
DonnaSchnees

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 112 post(s)
1. Your Christmas decorating style and colors used in your home: The colors are the blue tones, with some silver for this year. Every year I do a different theme. So any colors will do.

2. Please list some inexpensive wishlist items for your SS to consider treating you with: Tombow glue, Teresa Collins adhesive's any, Tim holtz inkpads, replacement pads for tim holtz alchohol inker tool.

3. Using the list of ideas in Post 1 for ideas, is there anything you would love to have made for your by your SS? Or, in the alternative, is there certain items you do not need more of?
Altered canvas. I am interested in learning more about this.

4. Your favorite food/snack holiday treat? Chocolate covered cherries and turtles.

5. Do you have a preference for notecards, thank you cards, or giftcard holders? Notecards and giftcard holders

6. Do you do Layouts? 8x8 or different size? 6x6, 8x8 and 12x12

7. Snowman lover? Or something else you would prefer for a wintry, but not Christmas-y theme?snowflakes and icicles

8. List some of your favorite Christmas Carols. White Christmas, Up on the housetop, Mary did you know, I want a hippopotamus for Christmas, The chipmunks song

9. Are you okay with receiving religious items? yes

10. Are you okay with religious type of holiday verses on cards or other projects? yes

11. For Christmas themed crafts - do you prefer traditional, modern, or vintage style? Any style

12. If your partner were to make you a Mini Album or Altered Frame, tray, etc - would you prefer Christmas theme or other theme? Any theme

13. Your style of crafting preferred overall? I like all styles.

14. More pricy item? I can not think of anything at this time.

Edited by user Sunday, October 06, 2013 6:33:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: updating questions

ScrappinGwen Offline
#58 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 4:43:38 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I've heard from everyone on addresses. Thanks!

I just need SharlenesCrafts to answer the questions please.

So everything is in order up to this point!

Edited by user Sunday, September 22, 2013 6:12:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jen Offline
#59 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 5:21:22 PM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Checking our list of directives and browsing some ideas. Did go to Joann's to take advantage of their generous coupons that expired today. I did see a hang tag for a new cartridge but they didn't have it. Just as well as I just did a CTMH order and ordered their latest Cartridge. So I took advantage of the coupons and also got some blades for my paper trimmer which were on sale. These two purchases were a big deal as I have not shopped for paper crafting items in 4 months - lol.
#60 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 9:28:37 PM(UTC)
Scrapin*Creations

Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
I think she said Sunday for partners.
Better wait till then to start your list.

Other than a couple buy items(like treats or wish list item) everything else will be made from my stash!!! I have enough to start my own store.(my DD says so anyway)BigGrin
Anxiously awaiting my partner.

Jean, My DH says the same thing about my stash and starting my own store..LOL

Edited by user Saturday, September 21, 2013 10:03:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified