Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

24 Pages«<1920212223>»
CMC56 Offline
#601 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 11:27:52 AM(UTC)
CMC56

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
11.TH blueprint mini's stamp set(don't have but, wanted), Christmas washi tape and some glossy accents. It will all come in handy.
12.Altered wooden book with beautiful reindeer and even decorated prettily inside.
13.some stamped sentiments.
14.Beautiful 25th year canvas. BEAUTIFUL
15. Gift card holders. I really need these too.
CMC56 attached the following image(s):
IMG_1914 (640x480).jpg
IMG_1915 (640x480).jpg
IMG_1916 (640x480).jpg
IMG_1917 (640x480).jpg
IMG_1922 (640x480).jpg
IMG_1923 (640x480).jpg
IMG_1924 (640x480).jpg
IMG_1918 (640x480).jpg
CMC56 Offline
#602 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 11:35:55 AM(UTC)
CMC56

United States

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
16. Colorful bells
17. Some really cute layouts. Have the perfect pictures for these.
18. 4 glittery ornaments with the little drummer boy on them. My favorite Christmas song.
19. glittery glass block with a Mother sentiment on there that truly says it all.
20. 4 little mini albums. One for each season. Very thoughtful.

Thanks again Sharon I love everything. You put a lot of Love, thought and caring into your box for me and I am truly humbled by it.

Cheryl

Edited by user Friday, December 13, 2013 1:20:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CMC56 attached the following image(s):
IMG_1934 (640x480).jpg
IMG_1925 (640x480).jpg
IMG_1926 (480x640).jpg
IMG_1927 (480x640).jpg
IMG_1928 (640x480).jpg
IMG_1931 (480x640).jpg
IMG_1932 (640x480).jpg
IMG_1930 (640x480).jpg
ScrappinGwen Offline
#603 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 12:01:30 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 652 time(s) in 533 post(s)
Dang COB! You were just a busy little altering machine, weren't you though? super nice ideas for all the directives!

The chickadee item, to me, totally says "CHERYL"...why? I don't know...maybe cuz I know she lives in log cabin style house.

Very special 25th Anniversary frame too!

But I love everything! Lock your doors, Cheryl!

Great job COB!

CraftyOldBat Offline
#604 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 12:35:08 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 390 time(s) in 325 post(s)
Oh Cheryl I'm so relieved that you like your items. I was really happy that Gwynne gave me you as a partner. I've admired your work these past couple of years and know you make very nice things so I really wanted to please you! But dayum girl you don't make it easy to personalize! I know so little about you and my normal stalking techniques turned up very little... LOL I steered toward nature themes since I did read you enjoyed living in the country.

A couple of things:

The book box has always made that cracking noise when you open it so don't worry.
The 4 minis I left unembellished because I didn't know what you'd be using them for.
I'm super glad you like the chickadee box because that was a replacement item (newbie mistake: the original item was a wall plaque that didn't fit in the box Blushing )
The silver anniversary canvas was my goof in that I wrote the directive as being anything with the #25 and since you'd been married 37 yrs I hoped you'd have a pic from your 25th..
The colored bells I got for a project but they were too large so since they were in your fav colors I thought you'd like them
The vinyl items are kinda basic but I've had my "other machine" less than a month and am still a beginner. I'm glad you like them though.
The Santa ornament is an altered CD, what a fun medium to create with!

So that's that; I'm really glad you're happy. Have a safe and wonderful holiday season! Smile
 1 user thanked CraftyOldBat for this useful post.
CMC56 on 12/13/2013(UTC)
bklynborn Offline
#605 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 1:00:30 PM(UTC)
bklynborn

United States

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 118 post(s)
first off.thank you amy for the infor on using a different site. i am back on.

for my ss jean. i want to thank you for the most amazing box and awesome goodies you sent me. as i opened each item i said to my dh. look. and he was also in awe of the items you made for me. being away everything is still sitting out in my craft room and each time i look around its like my box just arrived. words will never be enough for what you sent me. and thank for posting all the pictures.

cob. glad you will enjoying your goodies. and that everything arrived in one piece. enjoy

loveLove the items being received. going to be a lot of scrap lifting since no dibbs.

wishing everyone a happy and safe christmas and new year.

bb

Kiethann Offline
#606 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 2:15:16 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 453 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Gwenn I sent you a PM.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#607 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 4:29:23 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

well that is a cool idea - the CD for a base!

That Santa really would look so lovely in my Santa filled LR!
ScrappinGwen Offline
#608 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 4:32:40 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

OH I have wonderful news!

I just now checked on Donna's DC# and her pkg. was accepted at PO today. It's priority and on it's way.

Thank you Donna!

Now if Robin will just get a DC to me ASAP tomorrow, we'll be just fine with no angels needed!

JeanP Offline
#609 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 7:00:12 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 733 time(s) in 616 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bklynborn Go to Quoted Post
first off.thank you amy for the infor on using a different site. i am back on.

for my ss jean. i want to thank you for the most amazing box and awesome goodies you sent me. as i opened each item i said to my dh. look. and he was also in awe of the items you made for me. being away everything is still sitting out in my craft room and each time i look around its like my box just arrived. words will never be enough for what you sent me. and thank for posting all the pictures.

cob. glad you will enjoying your goodies. and that everything arrived in one piece. enjoy

loveLove the items being received. going to be a lot of scrap lifting since no dibbs.

wishing everyone a happy and safe christmas and new year.

bb

You are very welcome. I had lots of fun creating for you.BigGrin Not sure if you noticed or not but the WINTER box has a glass dome with sand and shells(from Aruba) because you live in Florida and I also used 2 game pieces with 10 & 5 on them for your birthday!!!!! See I do pay
attentionBigGrin BigGrin
Merry Christmas to you

Lori fromTx Offline
#610 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 8:33:03 PM(UTC)
Lori fromTx

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
Lori, don't bother mailing as I informed you yesterday you were removed from swap.

You did nothing to gain my trust this entire swap and I frankly just have had enough.

Common sense and experience here tells me that anyone who is busy crafting away, making special items for their SS and spending lots of money on a swap, will check in regularly - especially in the days leading up to the due date. You did not check in for days and not at all in December until in the evening of the Due Date. According to your MQ, you are a stay at home mom...so you had ample opportunities to check in on time and not be chased down each time.

Further, I was checking online the list of school closures for your area and have family in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area...so I was personally keeping track of your hardship with the ice. Plus I watch the weather channel every morning as I get ready for work.

I do not know what else to say here!

I have Lori posting she's not mailed yet, and it's Friday! The ice storm ended but yet you couldn't get to the PO yet? You didn't even respond to my text!

I have Robin saying she was sick on Tuesday, but yet she needs until Saturday to get to the PO??

I have Donna giving me a DC# Wed. night and here it is Friday and no pkg. in the system yet!

And you all wonder why I'm so disgusted with each of you?

What more do I need to explain here? IF you were truly done with the swap, you would have made it a priority to get to the PO days ago!

First of all I live as far north in Texas as it gets. We got way more ice than Dallas. Second Just because the ice stopped don't mean it melted off I still have ice in my yard. I mailed this today . I don't care If I get mine. I work on this for my ss and I personaLly want her to have it. I am a stay at home mom with a special needs child and a husband on disability. I do work Oct , November and December so my family can have Christmas. I work all weekend from 9 to close which may be a 3 hr drive away at trades days and trade shows . Then I spend all day Monday at market. Which was the day you had check in . I was so tried that it was hard for to remember check in on those days. I did usally check in later in those week. OUr town was with out power for days . I also was busy moving another family in to my home so they would not be homeless with 2 children. I didnt eveN get mail for 2 days . You know why the ice was toO bad to deliver. So that is why I didn't go to the post office. SO FOR MY SS ALI HERE IS YOU TRACKING #9114901159815210601011. Tis Is my last post on this as think the whole thing is over and done. No resaon to argue about it. I just want everone to understandThAT THERE WAS OTHER THINGS GOING ON. I am also sure there were other things going on with the other 3 . They just maybe too personal to post on here.
RockinRobin1 Offline
#611 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 11:03:06 PM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1190 time(s) in 656 post(s)

I have Robin saying she was sick on Tuesday, but yet she needs until Saturday to get to the PO??

I'm truly upset by you calling me out on a public forum and I'm sorry that we cannot all conform to your "rules". Life happens, and there are some things out of our control. I for one, work a full-time job and have my Stampin' Up! business as well. If you would have read my PM I was sick TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY and had a workshop to get ready for and my workshop on Thursday. I haven't lied to you, and if you would have read some of my previous posts, you would have noted that I screwed up a project and forgot an item and I've had to make another item. As you've said numerous times, we want our SS to get a great package and I think I've done that.

Illinois has also had that nasty rain, sleet, ice, etc., and I couldn't go anywhere either. We're getting more now and tomorrow, but I will risk life and limb to get the package in the mail and the DC# sent to you, so you can have a peaceful Christmas.

Kiethann, I'm your SS and your package will be going out tomorrow. I'm truly sorry you haven't received your package yet, but as I've said "life" happens.

Merry Christmas everyone!
RockinRobin1 Offline
#612 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 10:15:28 AM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

United States

Package is postal. DC#9114901189866027980555

Love what everyone has received and I hope my SS likes what I've made.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. BigGrin

1 user thanked RockinRobin1 for this useful post.
ScrappinGwen on 12/14/2013(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#613 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 11:27:12 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I'm glad that the last of the swap boxes are now in the system. Thank you.

I'm sorry there has to be rules in my swaps. It certainly wouldn't be necessary if the word Later and Flaker didn't exist here on the MB. If everyone took their swapping seriously, and if everyone gave 200% and sent nice items, without having to be told what to do, there would be perfect harmony amongst us all and the rules would disappear.

Every year I remind everyone how it's no fun to receive a Christmas swap box late or to receive a half completed box. I've experienced both and it's heartbreaking.

I will never forget my first experience with the one group of ladies here where you had to be invited to join. I wanted to get in that group so badly! I worked my butt off to prove I was worthy of joining. I got in and our first swap in the winter/spring months was a huge swap. There were 28 directives, several types of mini albums. It was so time consuming! I stayed up late into the night day after day working feverently to complete that swap. I was so proud of myself. I wanted to prove to the hostess that I was worthy of joining her group.

Well, long story short....my partner rarely checked in. It wasn't SS, so I could email her and she never let me know of her issues. She worked, no kids, but a special dog, her DH was a police officer but having back issues and every spring they go overseas for part of the month to visit her parents. Needless to say, she didn't have time to complete the swap before leaving but she did next best thing. She literally THREW stuff from her home into the box, unwrapped, no bubble wrap, etc. and mailed to me. Now mind you....those 28 directives were specific, just like the directives are in this swap.

My box arrived and I got so excited. I ripped that box open so fast! Oh, but what a mess my eyes did see! I kept pulling out items, scratching my head, what directive is this for? It made no sense. And before I knew it, I had everything out of the box. What???? No way was that 28 items!

I counted and it was like 12 items, less then half. With some of those items being non craft items, a store bought plain black frame (unaltered), etc.

Oh was I heart-broken and mad all in the same minute!

I vowed then that no one would ever pull that stunt again on me and get away with it.

The only saving grace was that because she was going away, she had asked me to not mail yet. So I was able to pull out many items and not send her a complete swap box. But I still sent her more then what she sent me and everything I sent her I had to as it was totally personalized to her or her husband or her dog.

Then a couple years ago, in both Christmas swaps, I received very late. The day before Christmas and several days after Christmas. One was sick, one didn't have money to mail and got depressed too.

I received lovely items in both boxes, once they arrived. That was not an issue at all. But the feeling of having your bubble burst when you've worked so hard to send out 2 super nice boxes and then have to wait so long to receive is just a bummer!

For these experiences above, this is why I have rules and why I especially get strict about Christmas swaps.

Kiethann Offline
#614 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 11:44:17 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Need some help please. Does anyone know how to use their memory card from the camera on the computer. I have slots on my computer for memory cards but can not find directions in the manual as to how to get the pictures onto my hard drive. thanks. The last time my daughter did it for me, but she lives farther away and she has become a vital element in the company she works for so most of her time she is on call and boy does she get the calls and usually has to go in. again thanks.

Reason I am asking is because my printer is out of ink and I do not have the extra money to buy a new cartridge to print the photos from the memory card so I can scan them.

OHHHHH Gwenn WOW! you sure got the short end of the stick. I would have been very mad and hurt also if that had happened to me.

Edited by user Saturday, December 14, 2013 11:48:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#615 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 11:57:34 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Further, knowing this was going to be a huge swap, with 20 directives, I clearly stated such in the first post explaining the swap.

Then again, a few weeks later, reminding everyone that only X amount of weeks were left, you needed to get on schedule.

Of course, if you are not checking in regularly, you probably aren't reading posts either!

Some of the other ladies also posted about not getting behind and had polite advice regarding same.

Everyone here is suppose to be a mature adult and knows their own schedule and abilities and free time to craft. I can't drive to each of your homes and interview you and ask how any hours you work, how many kids you have, how many health issues are going on, etc. etc. I trust each of you to look at your own situation and figure it out.

For future reference, I suggest that if you find yourself in over your head that you either drop out early or talk to the hostess and explain. I gladly would have changed check in date from Mondays to Wednesday had Lori told me she worked long hours over the weekend and on Monday too.

In the Fall swap, Jeri knew she'd be on vacation at the DD. SO I changed the DD by a day or two to allow her to get home and mail out just in case she was running behind. And that's not the first time I've worked with someone on dates. But it's only fair that you discuss this ahead of time so that everyone can take advantage too and sneak in some extra crafting days, if needed.

I work a 10 hour day, 5 days a week. The PO and Bank are closed by time the last daycare child is picked up here. So I only mail on Saturdays, or make arrangements for my family to mail for me, when absolutely necessary. But I take that responsibility on myself and keep an eye on the calendar dates and due dates. I can't even leave at lunchtime to go mail like most of you can.

There are several here who have family members with disabilities of one type or another. But they still manage to work around it and mail out on time.

Yes, life happens unexpectedly at times and you are backed up against the wall. That's why we are always politely suggesting that you stay on track and not wait until the last minute.

My motto is if you are checking in, then you are paying attention to the swap, thinking about it, getting excited and wanting to work on your projects. So I honestly think it's in our best interest to have regular check ins! If you disagree, it's cuz you are feeling guilty.

Robin, you knew the day you signed up you had 2 jobs. You know your own health issues. You've had to drop out of my swap just this past spring for these reasons. So when you joined this huge swap, I just figured you knew what you were up against and wanted to take on the challenge of juggling everything. You promised and promised to do a better job of checking in, etc. I trusted you, I believed in you. Otherwise, I would have been asking you a month ago if you wanted to drop out before it got too late to do so. You are the one that posted that the holiday SS swap is the best one of the year or something along those words. Go back and re-read your own post! I didn't want to spoil that anticipation! So I kept my lips zipped. Afterall, you are an adult here!

I didn't call you out in a public forum, you called yourself out the day you joined this swap! The rules clearly stated what was expected of you and by joining this swap, you agree to follow thru accordingly.

And let it once again be a lesson to everyone that you can not wait until the last minute to complete an SS swap. They are just too involved! Just the picture taking, tagging, wrapping, boxing is a chore in itself and an evening's worth of time!

And it's very hard to be so late in a holiday swap when mail time slows down so. And good grief priority is too dang expensive these days for these large swap boxes! I was trying to do everyone a favor, when I asked that you mail early. Save the bucks and spend it on your favorite craft product instead!
ScrappinGwen Offline
#616 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 12:12:48 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Lori, I apologize for breaking my own hostess rules and letting someone join a swap that has little experience. You win some, you lose some. I should have asked you to wait until the spring to join an SS swap. You needed to gain experience about the etiquette of swapping here.

I also let Roxanna from Canada join, and she was first to mail. I also let Kiethann join, who I think only had one prior swap with me. She had to work thru a surgery, but still managed to mail on time.

CarolKlink asked to join as angel. I had no history with her either, but she mailed on time too.

So, on the otherhand, I am proud that I bent my own rules and let you 4 join. 3 of you had a successful swap.

Lori, you never once told me you worked. You never once asked for a different date to check in. I would have worked with you.

Naturally, I had no way of knowing your DH is on disability, your child is special needs, etc.

I'm sorry for your hardships, I truly am. But everyone here has a hardship of one kind or another. Several swappers have a child with disabilites. Several are caregivers to their spouse or parent. Several here suffer major illness issues.

These gals are all kind and understanding and will offer you praise and kind words, as needed, when truly needed. If you would post more often instead of a quick "JCI" you would soon learn of the gals here who have common threads with you. You would also soon learn that these gals will go out of their way to craft something extra special for that person in need of some special attention.

Again, I can not walk into your home and force you to sit down and log onto the MB and post and read posts. Only you can make your swapping experiences here be successful and positive instead of negative, stressful or sad. And it starts by checking in on time, reading the posts, learning about others, studying techniques, going outside the box, following the rules, personalizing your craft items for your partner, mailing on time. Gain our respect and admiration.

Was I quick to remove you from the swap? Yes, but I was totally frustrated with your lack of communication and you gave me nothing to go on.

ScrappinGwen Offline
#617 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 12:47:51 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I chose to have Roxanna from Canada mail to me....if her mail took a long time coming to me, atleast it was me waiting instead of one of you. Like I said, I never want anyone to have their holiday swap bubble burst!

I chose to make for Lori as I liked what I read in her answers, knowing I had perfect stash for creating for her. Plus, as always, we tend to not mail out to a newbie in a swap until they mail first. It's a safeguard that helps with flaking issue. So I have been sitting on her swap box for a couple weeks now, afraid she was not going to follow thru. I was tired of chasing her down to check in so I stopped. I stopped holding her hand and she didn't check in from about Nov. 27 until the 9th, when the PO was closed.

I kept waiting for you to update us on the ice. You didn't. So I said it was time to drop out and move on and get your SS's box on the way to her instead. I'm on east coast, she's on west coast, I was running out of time to get it to her before Christmas. I had to make an executive decision.

I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get to PO today (Saturday) and my last day care child was picked up at 4:30 yesterday so I hopped in car and got to PO before they closed to mail off to your SS. Only to find out you mailed too, even though you were told not to mail. But I get that....you don't like being called a flaker and you want to continue to swap and you've made items personal to your SS, so you have no use for them anyway to keep. That's fine. So she gets spoiled this swap. God is shining down on her this next week! lol

Unfortunately, Lori will have to wait until January to receive as I'm in family Christmas mode starting this afternoon. I think you need to experience having your bubble burst anyway.

And my explanation for that statement is this:

The DD was Monday, Dec. 9th. When you joined the swap, you knew you worked long hours on the weekend and again on Monday to earn extra money for personal reasons. No problem there! I get that!

But you knew you wouldn't be able to mail out on the DD. You also knew you wouldn't be able to mail out on the weekend either!

So remember how I posted that you all need to mark your calendars, or your cell phone reminders, etc.? Well, you needed to give yourself a personal DD of December 5th. The last day you could mail before starting your work weekend.

Again, I repeat, when you joined the swap, you agreed to mail on time. You accepted the responsibility to be responsible with that important part of making our swaps fun!

Well, the first week of Dec. you did not check in all week long. You did not PM me to let me know you were running behind.

Then there is the ice storm. All week long we were warned about the ice storm hitting Texas, where you live. You had days to prepare. You should have been saying to yourself, I need to get my box mailed before that ice storm hits. Obviously, that did not happen. Maybe you weren't ready to mail, maybe you didn't have the cash to mail. But again, you didn't PM me to figure out a new plan and gain my trust.

But this is the kicker.....you say you couldn't mail cuz of the ice storm....but what has me scratching my head is that had there NOT been an ice storm, you would have been working all weekend long, still unable to mail by the DD!!!!

So ice storm or no ice storm, you made no effort to mail on time or had no plans to mail on time.

And if that isn't bad enough...you say you were too busy to mail or communicate cuz you were helping a homeless family with kids move in with you. Again, I commend you for your kindness and generosity.

But you can't tell us it's too icy to get to PO but then say you were out and about moving a family into your home. If I were homeless and someone took me in, but said, "hey, I didn't mail an important pkg. yet cuz of the storm so I need to stop by PO to mail while we're moving you in to my home..." I have to believe that they would be so thankful to have a roof over their head that they wouldn't mind one bit you taking a break to stop and mail at the PO! Right???

Nothing makes sense here to me! So I have to believe that there is or was more to the story.

So I rest my case here.

Yes, I will make this right, but you will have to wait. You kept us waiting for days, so I feel it's only fair that you get the same treatment.

I hope you and everyone else reading this little story of mine have learned some valuable swapping lessons and will strive and challenge yourselves to do better in the future and show more respect to the rules, your hostesses, your fellow swappers!

And if nothing else, you now know how long winded I can be when it comes to typing! Sorry for that, but I felt this needed to be explained.

I take pride in my craftmanship, I take pride in being a hostess. However, I do not play head games and I do not put up with nonsense or with those that do not play fair.

Communication is key and you have to give your hostess a fair chance to deal with your personal life issues. Waiting four days after the DD to explain yourself was not fair to me or your SS or to anyone in this swap forum.

RockinRobin1 Offline
#618 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 1:00:26 PM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

United States

Gwynne I don't know what else to say but I'm truly sorry. I accept full responsibility for my actions., I screwed up, plain and simple. I do love this swap and you've always been a great hostess. I did mail my box priority so she will get it by Monday or Tuesday. I certainly never wanted to upset you and I don't want this to ruin our friendship.
 1 user thanked RockinRobin1 for this useful post.
ScrappinGwen on 12/14/2013(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#619 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 1:18:14 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I've posted DC#s for the last pkgs on the first page.

DC#s are posted as well for Kiethann's prize RAK and I felt it necessary to send a thank you pkg. to CarolKlink for stepping in and filling a vacated spot for me. Had she not done so, I would have had one swapper mailing to herself! lol Or I would have had to re-assign partners for several of you and I did not want to do that in the middle of the swap.

So a special thank you to Carol for helping us out.

I have some grandchildren expecting wrapped presents under the tree in the morning so I need to get busy here! Plus I need to fix/bake our "early" Christmas brunch favorite goodies too.

Problem is...this darn snow! I sure hope it doesn't start back up and mess up my plans for tomorrow. But weather man says to expect several inches tonight! And then I heard there is to be another storm this coming weekend? I sure hope that's not on East Coast! The last time we went on a cruise we had to leave a day earlier to beat the snow and flight cancellations! And then we got in FL and it was freezing! My first time in Florida and the temps were as cold as home! Go figure!

Look forward to seeing some more pictures posted this week while I make a mad dash to finish up some details for the DayCare kiddies, my DGC's teachers, cookies for my daughter's workplace, etc.

It wouldn't be Christmas if I didn't bake atleast a batch of sugar cookies! lol

JeanP Offline
#620 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 3:34:00 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Here are pictures of my items from Terri
Sorry but they are too big and you would have to click on each one to view.
Let me try thru Photobucket

Okay that works on next post. Not sure if I have them all in the correct orderBlushing Blushing

Edited by user Saturday, December 14, 2013 5:44:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanP Offline
#621 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 3:49:21 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

This is a bottle that lights ups!!!!!

Edited by user Saturday, December 14, 2013 5:35:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanP Offline
#622 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 5:25:09 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Sorry this is sideways. Nice technique that I need to ask about!!!! Next pic are tags that come inside the tin!!!!!

This is made with rolled up paper(tubes?) with bottle caps on the ends. Star added as ornaments

You really need to try and read this. SO CUTE and TRUE!!!! I can't get it straightBlushing

Edited by user Saturday, December 14, 2013 5:41:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanP Offline
#623 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 5:28:22 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

LOVE Timmy stuff!!!!!

Forgot # 14 Numbers

Edited by user Saturday, December 14, 2013 5:43:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanP Offline
#624 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 5:30:41 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Hard Candy Christmas is my favorite carol- peach Blossoms are my favorite Christmas candy

Edited by user Saturday, December 14, 2013 5:32:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DonnaSchnees Offline
#625 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 5:45:35 PM(UTC)
DonnaSchnees

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 112 post(s)
I am just now catching up on here. Sorry for the delay. I will be honest I am not happy with what I created for my SS. A few of the directives I did not get done, but something was sent in it's place. Exams are finally over. Thank you for letting me extend together the one item redone,since I broke the other. I have never flaked on a swap and this is the first time that I can recall being late. Working six days a week, night school four nights and only one swap, can defiantly be a challenge. I hope my ss likes what I did do.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#626 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 7:44:22 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

That Christmas tree made out of rolls of paper is awesome! I saw that on a blog, I think. And thought at that time that it was a cool idea for a swap.

The verse in the frame is hilarious, and yes...very true!

Nice idea for the candle/hat centerpiece for the next couple of weeks.

Is that brick tag paper or did she somehow make raised bricks? I can't tell...and am curious!

Love the lighted snowman and I adore the snowman cutting board!

That saying about the deer noses is cute too!

all cute ideas.

I don't think I've ever heard of or have seen this candy you like! lol

Nice ideas Terri! Enjoy Jean!

How did the craft show go today?

Guess I'll go pick up my mess from wrapping presents and get to bed. I need to get up early to cook. I usually prep most of it the night before but I think I need to get to bed on time tonight instead.

So far doesn't look like our snow is adding up to too much. But not suppose to stop for another 4 hours...so who knows what I will wake up to!

Keep busy preparing for Christmas tomorrow!
Kiethann Offline
#627 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2013 11:04:15 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Here are a few pictures of items which I made for Donna who was my SS. Sorry thought had transferred them to computer but they are not there. will try again tonight.

Edited by user Sunday, December 15, 2013 11:13:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: unable to find pictures.

DonnaSchnees Offline
#628 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2013 6:20:40 PM(UTC)
DonnaSchnees

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 112 post(s)
I have the pics taken. Will upload tomorrow evening. Thank you Keithann:)
planlady19 Offline
#629 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2013 8:35:12 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 269 time(s) in 252 post(s)
That Christmas tree made out of rolls of paper is awesome! I saw that on a blog, I think. And thought at that time that it was a cool idea for a swap.

The verse in the frame is hilarious, and yes...very true!

Nice idea for the candle/hat centerpiece for the next couple of weeks.

Is that brick tag paper or did she somehow make raised bricks? I can't tell...and am curious!

Love the lighted snowman and I adore the snowman cutting board!

That saying about the deer noses is cute too!

all cute ideas.

I don't think I've ever heard of or have seen this candy you like! lol

Nice ideas Terri! Enjoy Jean!

How did the craft show go today?

Guess I'll go pick up my mess from wrapping presents and get to bed. I need to get up early to cook. I usually prep most of it the night before but I think I need to get to bed on time tonight instead.

So far doesn't look like our snow is adding up to too much. But not suppose to stop for another 4 hours...so who knows what I will wake up to!

Keep busy preparing for Christmas tomorrow!

Jean glad you like the box.

Gwen I had the tree cut for a year and could never figure out how to finish off the ends.. So when I was straightening up by craft room i remembered the bottle caps and they fit perfectly. The tubes are from all the deco mesh wreaths I did last year.

Jean the stars can be removed and you can add pictures or other ornaments of your choice. They are put on with small eye hooks so maybe you want to add some to the other side of the tree.

The brick tag is a paper that I have had. It was a DCVW photo stack.

The verse is compliments of COB I don't know where she got it but I loved it and it was one of the directives I was struggling with for you. So the sanata fit perfect.

The steampunk tags I found online and thought they were so cute had to get them.

Was trying to come up with some different things.

I had fun heat embossing the 12 days.

The tray was an abc tray that the preschool was getting rid of and it worked great for this project.

Gwen hope you had a great day with your family and have a wonderful cruise, and make sure to bring us back some of that wonderful sunshine.

The Christmas swap is one of my favorite swaps each year.

Thanks for another great swap.
Terri
 1 user thanked planlady19 for this useful post.
JeanP on 12/16/2013(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#630 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 8:21:14 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Just checked DC#s.

CarolKlink - has 2 deliveries today, 1 PO and 1 UPS

Candy - your pkg. is at your PO now

Will have to check later to see if the other pkgs. update for today's delivery