Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

24 Pages«<1011121314>»
CarolKlink Online
#331 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 12:46:12 PM(UTC)
CarolKlink

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 61 post(s)
OOOp's, didn't realize I hadn't checked in recently. I'm here with I think bronchitis, yuck. Went with friends to a movie "About Time" early yesterday AM (very good, slow starting but good) then to DGD's to help clean up their remodeled "new to them" 1st home. Came home and went straight to bed. Have had pneumonia 3 times, 2 times as a child, once as an adult-which they almost lost me 3 times, so very cautious now. Did pick up some embellishments Friday so as soon as I get over this I will back to our project. Hope everyone is feeling good and having fun.

Hugs and a big Hi to my SS, Carol K.

1 user thanked CarolKlink for this useful post.
ScrappinGwen on 11/10/2013(UTC)
CandyHazzard Offline
#332 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 2:03:19 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 174 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post

That aside, are you attaching your pictures in a different way from the past? When I clicked on the picture to hopefully get a bigger view of it, it was just this tiny little thumbnail snapshot! And something about downloading it.... It was totally different then anything I've seen before on this here MB!

SO is it something new you did Candy? Or has the MB been changed in some way recently?

Always something changing around here! lol

I didn't do anything different, but they are really really small pictures ... I'll try a bigger one.
CandyHazzard attached the following image(s):
1a.jpg
 1 user thanked CandyHazzard for this useful post.
Kiethann on 11/11/2013(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#333 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 3:23:55 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 652 time(s) in 533 post(s)
Now that picture appeared just fine when I clicked on it. Phew!

And it looks very interesting too! As in "it's going to be drool worthy!"

I've been crafting all afternoon and almost finished up a project. Just needs a couple embellies added...

Sometimes you just have to put the project aside and wait for the right embellie to come across your mind while you're searching thru your stash working on other projects! lol

JeanP Offline
#334 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 6:03:48 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 734 time(s) in 617 post(s)
Let me try some sneak peeks and see what happensBigGrin.

Worked okay posting the message and then going back and clicking Attach.

Edited by user Sunday, November 10, 2013 6:06:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanP attached the following image(s):
IMG_0055.JPG
IMG_0056.JPG
IMG_0057.JPG
 1 user thanked JeanP for this useful post.
Kiethann on 11/11/2013(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#335 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 8:26:47 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

pretty, pretty embellies Jean! Can't wait to see the ENTIRE projects!

I got another directive done this evening. Off to bed now while it dries over night.

I'm trying, once again, that TH distress rock glitter. Hoping I'm pleased with it in the morning, but I'm scared! lol
Scrapin*Creations Offline
#336 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 12:33:04 AM(UTC)
Scrapin*Creations

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 91 post(s)
Checking in...been making some progress. This past week I've been sick .. just now starting to feel better. Was able to finish up some creations this weekend.

Love seeing all the sneak peeks BigGrin
CraftyOldBat Offline
#337 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 9:07:26 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 390 time(s) in 325 post(s)
Off to Ms to return a few items that didn't work the way I wanted them to Glare and pick up a couple canvases and little things with the 25% off coupon. It's a beautiful day here today so unfortunately I'll be raking later but I definitely put a dent in this swap over the weekend BigGrin

Happy Veteran's Day and THANK YOU to those who have served and their families!
ScrappinGwen Offline
#338 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 9:31:56 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Just want to remind those of you who participated in the metal dies diecut swap a year ago....

Don't forget to rummage thru that box of stash as there are all kinds of great diecuts to use on projects, cards, tags, etc. for this swap this year!

I worked on my altered paperbag and pulled out one item that was perfect size for the delemma I was in. And then I kept seeing all those other diecuts that I think I can put to some good use as I continue on with this swap!

Some items I totally forgot I had!

Always good to rummage thru those boxes of saved "stuff"!! lol
ScrappinGwen Offline
#339 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 9:34:16 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

COB, you haven't mentioned your daughter lately...how is she doing? Do you still get to talk to her on a regular basis?
Kiethann Offline
#340 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 10:19:25 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 453 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Like all of the sneak peaks which have been posted. I have a dr appointment at 2 P.M. and will try to post some sneak peaks after I get back home. I think I have three directives left to finish and 1-2 to make yet. My big projects are all done.
CMC56 Offline
#341 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 6:29:36 PM(UTC)
CMC56

United States

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
JCI. Love all the sneak peeks. I have the card left to make and then I will be wrapping and boxing up. Hope everyone is doing well.

Cheryl
RockinRobin1 Offline
#342 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 6:34:32 PM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1190 time(s) in 656 post(s)
Checking in. Sorry you had to track me down. Blushing I've been busy with vendor events, workshops, and life in general. I'll try to do better with checking in.
Lori fromTx Offline
#343 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 11:14:41 PM(UTC)
Lori fromTx

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
oops Checking in sorry Im late but I been really busy and time slipped by. BigGrin
ScrappinGwen Offline
#344 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:54:59 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Thanks everyone - all checked in.

REMEMBER: Check ins are now weekly. You should be able to craft over the weekend and check in by Monday with an update on your status or a sneak peek.

Hostess hat being donned:

I can't stress enough that this is a major, time-consuming swap and you can not wait until the last weekend of November to start this swap. You need to budget your time and craft weekly so that you will have a nice Christmas swap box to send to your SS.

Everyone wants to receive a fun, exciting holiday box of goodies and, therefore, everyone should also be concentrating on sending out a fun, exciting holiday box of goodies to their SS.

Fair is fair and I can't stress that enough.

Swaps are suppose to be fun and relaxing opportunities to share our love of crafting with each other and forget about the real world for chunks of time.

I hope you all find yourselves in the holiday spirit as you work some magic for your SS!
bklynborn Offline
#345 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 5:09:03 AM(UTC)
bklynborn

United States

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 118 post(s)
a big hello to both of my ss.

back to the drs yesterday. not getting better. have been fighting with this for a month. went for a scat scan. results acute sinusitis. seeing a ent tomorrow. will start working on my projects with in the next day or 2. have many of the items I need in the house. so I will be crafting away. checking in for this week.

bb

Edited by user Tuesday, November 12, 2013 5:09:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#346 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 6:29:55 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Jeri, I wonder if all the extra rain FL has seen this past few months is making your sinus issue worse?

When we have bad sinus issues up here in my neck of the woods, we always say it's time for a week at the beach! Let the salt air and water clean out our sinuses! lol

Must be you need to head south to an exotic Caribbean Island Jeri! lol

About 40 days and I'll be in the Caribbean!
CraftyOldBat Offline
#347 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:05:43 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 390 time(s) in 325 post(s)
COB, you haven't mentioned your daughter lately...how is she doing? Do you still get to talk to her on a regular basis?

Thanks for asking. I still get to chat online with her fairly frequently (I am VERY lucky in that respect) but 9 months in now I'm much "better" at the deployment thing too, so I'm not as unnerved as I was in the beginning. We're in the 90 day window now and her footlocker arrived here last week so that makes me happy every time I see it. She won't be back until well after the holidays but that's okay because my son got a Navy job he tried for so he and my DIL will be moving to the DC area around the same time she gets back so we'll all get together then. BigGrin Love A few more months and I'll be one HAPPY MOMMA!

As far as this swap goes I only have 5 directives done. But I also have 5 in progress, all of which are involved to the point of having various steps which include drying time, that should all be finished by the weekend. I have all supplies for all remaining projects, a couple of which I haven't decided upon but have what I need for the various options. Goodies are on order except for the "treat" so it's fresh.

And let me reemphasize what Gwynne said in that this is a HUGE SWAP, 20 items is a lot more than it sounds like, DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST WEEKEND. You'll stress yourself out and your SS will get gypped! This is my only swap (Yes Jean I'm finished with my ATCs LOL ) and I am soooo glad. There's no way I could've given it the attention it needs if I were trying to juggle several and this one. Crying
JeanP Offline
#348 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:28:00 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: CraftyOldBat Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for asking. I still get to chat online with her fairly frequently (I am VERY lucky in that respect) but 9 months in now I'm much "better" at the deployment thing too, so I'm not as unnerved as I was in the beginning. We're in the 90 day window now and her footlocker arrived here last week so that makes me happy every time I see it. She won't be back until well after the holidays but that's okay because my son got a Navy job he tried for so he and my DIL will be moving to the DC area around the same time she gets back so we'll all get together then. BigGrin Love A few more months and I'll be one HAPPY MOMMA!

As far as this swap goes I only have 5 directives done. But I also have 5 in progress, all of which are involved to the point of having various steps which include drying time, that should all be finished by the weekend. I have all supplies for all remaining projects, a couple of which I haven't decided upon but have what I need for the various options. Goodies are on order except for the "treat" so it's fresh.

And let me reemphasize what Gwynne said in that this is a HUGE SWAP, 20 items is a lot more than it sounds like, DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST WEEKEND. You'll stress yourself out and your SS will get gypped! This is my only swap (Yes Jean I'm finished with my ATCs LOL ) and I am soooo glad. There's no way I could've given it the attention it needs if I were trying to juggle several and this one. Crying

Glad to hear all the good news about your family!!!! Can't believe it has been 9 months!!!

Let me also reemphasize--
And let me reemphasize what Gwynne said in that this is a HUGE SWAP, 20 items is a lot more than it sounds like, DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST WEEKEND. You'll stress yourself out and your SS will get gypped! and I am soooo glad. There's no way I could've given it the attention it needs if I were trying to juggle several and this one.
I also have two or three projects going at the same time for various reasons.

My MAIN thing with these swaps is the personalization aspect!!!!!! I LOVE to get stuff made "just for me" so I try and do that in every item I make for my partners. To me that shows how much you are trying to make them happy. Once in a while one or 2 generic items are okay but I want to open my box and KNOW without a doubt that it was made for me and only me!!!!
My 2 centsLOL
cricutjunky Offline
#349 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 10:01:37 AM(UTC)
cricutjunky

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Checking in!!
I have my sisters items done and all packed away, I guess I can pull one and take a pic for a sneak peak.

The rest of the month is going to be a super busy one, I'm sure glad I started when I did! I found a cute little project on Pintrest, I'm gonna throw this in as an extra, I hope she likes, them they are simple to make but so cute!!!

Ya'll are going to laugh but I have to wait until my puppy is sleeping before i can get any real work done, she whines at me to play with her the whole time I am sitting at my crafting table, or she climbs up and gets on the table and lays in the middle of my project, makes it really hard not to paint her or get stickles on her.

Anyway, Chat with ya'll later, praying everyone is staying warm and safe.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#350 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:20:08 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

COB, that is great news about your son and his new job! And counting down the days for your daughter! You should have a wonderful celebration soon enough! Just a little late Christmas...Maybe Valentine's Day party! lol

I too am glad that I first got Jean's two swaps done and out the door so that I only had this swap to concentrate on in November. It's a wonderful feeling to know I'm two thirds done or better with lots of time left. And it gives me more time to seek out some different ideas and have time to actually attempt them instead of filing away for a later swap. Much more enjoyable!
Kiethann Offline
#351 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:46:45 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 453 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Surgeon removed my sutures yesterday. Said everything is looking good. Next appointment in two weeks. Am a little stiff and tender, but hope to work on this swap today. have a few ideas I still want to try.
demmer993462475657 Offline
#352 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 3:52:52 AM(UTC)
demmer993462475657

United States

Was thanked: 304 time(s) in 277 post(s)
[quote=CraftyOldBat;1781292]Thanks for asking. I still get to chat online with her fairly frequently (I am VERY lucky in that respect) but 9 months in now I'm much "better" at the deployment thing too, so I'm not as unnerved as I was in the beginning. We're in the 90 day window now and her footlocker arrived here last week so that makes me happy every time I see it. She won't be back until well after the holidays but that's okay because my son got a Navy job he tried for so he and my DIL will be moving to the DC area around the same time she gets back so we'll all get together then. BigGrin Love A few more months and I'll be one HAPPY MOMMA!

Deployments are so hard for family members and service members alike. When DH left for his last tour in Japan, I was pregnant with our oldest. We did not know that at the time though. Brian was born 8 months later in February 1989 and Tony found out via Red Cross....He came home in June of that year, we were due to move the end of July and he got socked with orders to the Persian Gulf.There was no Skype at that time and the only time we could talk was through Short Wave radio operators and we had to say over at the end of each sentence. So he was gone from June of 1988 came home for a month and went to the Gulf until April of 1990. Brian was just over a year and had no idea who the heck my husband was. My husband swears that is why our oldest is closer to me and the youngest closer to him.
I am glad your daughter is a short timer. My best friends daughter just left for her 4th and hopefully last deployment

Denise
Jen Offline
#353 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:18:25 AM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Hello all. I have busy creating, as well as shopping for the holidays. (I love online shopping combined with free shipping.) Had two larger items I wanted to do to make sure my box is big enough. Have items on order and making great progress. Not as far as some but further then others.

CMC56 Offline
#354 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 12:43:01 PM(UTC)
CMC56

United States

Ok gonna try some sneak peeks. Hope it works.

Cheryl
CMC56 attached the following image(s):
IMG_1850.JPG
IMG_1859.JPG
IMG_1861.JPG
JeanP Offline
#355 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:42:54 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: CMC56 Go to Quoted Post
Ok gonna try some sneak peeks. Hope it works.

Cheryl

Very interestingBigGrin BigGrin

ScrappinGwen Offline
#356 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:55:28 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Thanks for the sneak peeks Cheryl!

Had to take a break from this swap so that I could finish up the baby shower favor boxes for my daughter. They are done. Just need to make the caramel popcorn that goes inside them!

Plus I really need to can some quarts of apples before we go away Saturday...so will be a few days before I can get back to this swap. But I'm two thirds done so a little break might be good for the crafting mind!
CMC56 Offline
#357 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 10:56:54 AM(UTC)
CMC56

United States

Thanks for the sneak peeks Cheryl!

Had to take a break from this swap so that I could finish up the baby shower favor boxes for my daughter. They are done. Just need to make the caramel popcorn that goes inside them!

Plus I really need to can some quarts of apples before we go away Saturday...so will be a few days before I can get back to this swap. But I'm two thirds done so a little break might be good for the crafting mind!

Gwynne you call that a break BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Gwynne when can we start to mail our boxes???
ScrappinGwen Offline
#358 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:17:12 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

This Saturday, the 16th

(which makes December sound all the closer! lol)
JeanP Offline
#359 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:44:14 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

This Saturday, the 16th

(which makes December sound all the closer! lol)

yeah, right!!!!!! I am hoping for a Dec 2 mail dayBigGrin BigGrin

Someone keeps sending me new ideas for stuff to make for the craft showWink Wink Wink
CMC56 Offline
#360 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 1:36:59 PM(UTC)
CMC56

United States

I just opened one of my creations up and embellished it again. So I may wait a week.

Cheryl