Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Kourtney Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 12:51:53 PM(UTC)
Kourtney

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I have lived out of the country for some time (US Military) and upon coming back to the states, I was out of crafting for a bit while dealing with a medical condition. Now that I am back and into crafting, I got a pretty new Cricut Expression (my old one still works but the deal on cricut.com this week was nice and the old one will call it quits at some point).

So I update the new Expression. All good. I get into Cricut Craftroom. All good. I go to link a cartridge. Problem. Cartridge is linked to my Gypse. Okay.... I do a bit of research and find how to link my Gypsy to CCR. All good, right? No! I have to update my Gypsy. I go to the Sync program and get an ERROR and it tells me to contact support. What the heck???? Well, support isn't open on a Saturday. Well, that's fine, I will just use my Gypsy and the new Expression until Monday. Oh wait, when I go to cut with the Gypsy, it tells me it needs updated.

I have (3) Cricut machines, a Gypsy and over 150 cartridges and can't craft now. This is NOT ok
donnagenco3841c0df Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 1:27:36 PM(UTC)
donnagenco3841c0df

Groups: Registered

I also have issues with updating and am frustrated with support, or lack of it. I want to use my desk top for crafting, but it's a mac and I can never update my cricut or gypsy. I did finally get my lap top (pc) to up date my cricut. Haven't even tried to do my gypsy.
I'm having trouble figuring out how to use the Craft Room to cut patterns that have several layers. I was hoping there would be instructions someplace.
krafty kate Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 2:44:15 AM(UTC)
krafty kate

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kourtney Go to Quoted Post
I have lived out of the country for some time (US Military) and upon coming back to the states, I was out of crafting for a bit while dealing with a medical condition. Now that I am back and into crafting, I got a pretty new Cricut Expression (my old one still works but the deal on cricut.com this week was nice and the old one will call it quits at some point).

So I update the new Expression. All good. I get into Cricut Craftroom. All good. I go to link a cartridge. Problem. Cartridge is linked to my Gypse. Okay.... I do a bit of research and find how to link my Gypsy to CCR. All good, right? No! I have to update my Gypsy. I go to the Sync program and get an ERROR and it tells me to contact support. What the heck???? Well, support isn't open on a Saturday. Well, that's fine, I will just use my Gypsy and the new Expression until Monday. Oh wait, when I go to cut with the Gypsy, it tells me it needs updated.

I have (3) Cricut machines, a Gypsy and over 150 cartridges and can't craft now. This is NOT ok

I too had been away from crafting (Welcome back by the way) and I have only been back nearly 2 months. I missed heaps and have been trying to catch up.

This might sound a stupid question,(I think I can just about hear you screaming at your computer), but have you made sure that you have the latest version of the Cricut Sync. You might think that this is a stupid question but I ran into problems trying to get Cricut Sync to work, it turned out I needed a newer version, as the one I last used 2 years ago was out of date.

HTH