Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sleasim1978e5d03496 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 6:44:28 AM(UTC)
sleasim1978e5d03496

Groups: Registered

hiya ,,,ive got a gypsy machine whats used with the cricut , only im having problems with mine , it lets me choose the image i want , lets me go to cu it , starts the cut then says communication error between the 2 machines , try update ,,,,,, tryed to update but it does not need one just keeps doing the same , any ideas what the problem is please xxx
LindainWA Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 7:49:54 AM(UTC)
LindainWA

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 941 time(s) in 551 post(s)
I have the same issue with my gypsy and my baby bug. When that happened I tried cutting with my imagine and the same thing happened. When I turned my gypsy off and then back on, it worked fine with both my imagine and my expression. It did the same thing with the baby bug. I am assuming that there is a problem with my baby bug.

I even tried updating via CCR (baby worked fine with CCR and alone) and it worked for a bit with my gypsy. After I turned it off and back on, it did the same thing. The baby works fine with just a cartridge.

I have been meaning to do the reset to see if that helps but just haven't done it. Will do it shortly and see if it makes a difference.

sleasim1978e5d03496 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 8:36:37 AM(UTC)
sleasim1978e5d03496

Originally Posted by: LindainWA Go to Quoted Post
I have the same issue with my gypsy and my baby bug. When that happened I tried cutting with my imagine and the same thing happened. When I turned my gypsy off and then back on, it worked fine with both my imagine and my expression. It did the same thing with the baby bug. I am assuming that there is a problem with my baby bug.

I even tried updating via CCR (baby worked fine with CCR and alone) and it worked for a bit with my gypsy. After I turned it off and back on, it did the same thing. The baby works fine with just a cartridge.

I have been meaning to do the reset to see if that helps but just haven't done it. Will do it shortly and see if it makes a difference.

hi , ive tried turning both machines off and on a few times so no idea what the problem is love xx i was going to try and reset my gypsy but scared in case i lose my cartridges i have on it xx
LindainWA Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 10:06:10 AM(UTC)
LindainWA

United States

I just did the machine reset and still have problems. I cut the same image using my expression without rebooting my gypsy so I know the problem is not with my gypsy.

I wouldn't do a reset with your gypsy as you will lose all your cartridges. You may have to call PC to see what is wrong with your machine.

Have you tried using CCR? I know that my baby bug will work with that program and alone, just not with my gypsy.

ladybugstamper Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 1:01:17 PM(UTC)
ladybugstamper

Was thanked: 485 time(s) in 245 post(s)
Hi. I had to do the reset on my gypsy. I had the blue screen of death

Resetting wiped out all my cartridges and all saved files

I went through all the updates through gypsy sync and got all cartridges back. Including free promotional cartridges and the CCR purchased cartridges.

I did not get back my saved files.

My expression and baby bug talk to my gypsy but not to CCR so I wish you luck

1 user thanked ladybugstamper for this useful post.
sleasim1978e5d03496 on 8/4/2013(UTC)
Narelle Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 5:42:52 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7587 time(s) in 3543 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sleasim1978e5d03496 Go to Quoted Post
hiya ,,,ive got a gypsy machine whats used with the cricut , only im having problems with mine , it lets me choose the image i want , lets me go to cu it , starts the cut then says communication error between the 2 machines , try update ,,,,,, tryed to update but it does not need one just keeps doing the same , any ideas what the problem is please xxx

What Cricut are you using? If it's the E2, try loading the mat from the E2, not the Gypsy.

I'm not sure if you can do the same thing using the other Cricuts.
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
sleasim1978e5d03496 on 8/4/2013(UTC)
LindainWA Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 7:19:26 PM(UTC)
LindainWA

United States

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
What Cricut are you using? If it's the E2, try loading the mat from the E2, not the Gypsy.

I'm not sure if you can do the same thing using the other Cricuts.

You can load the mat if you have a cartridge in the slot which I do all the time. I tried it both ways and I could not get the baby bug to stop disconnecting. I even tried updating my baby via CCR, still not difference.

scrappymom Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 7:23:57 PM(UTC)
scrappymom

Was thanked: 295 time(s) in 235 post(s)
I have had the same problem with my G and baby bug. I take my baby bug to crops and like to leave my E at home. I never had a problem with my G and baby bug. I did the update and uplinked all my carts to CCR and ever since then I have had problems.

The first time I used my baby bug and G after I did the CCR thing it asked me to update my bug, which I did. Shortly after it would stop in the middle of a cut and say communication had stopped. I had bought a couple of digital carts and moved them to my G and at the time it started giving me trouble I was trying to cut one of the digital carts and I thought that was the problem. Well I finally got it to cut some from my actual carts I had originally linked to my G but then it stopped working again. I did reset my baby bug and it appeared to be working OK. Then I went to a crop last weekend and it worked great all day Friday and then Saturday it did my first cut then I started having problems again. I just took it home (luckily I was only about 10 minutes away) and brought my E so I could enjoy my crop.

I don't know what is wrong with it. I never had any problems until after it asked me to update my bug after I did the CCR thing. I know for sure I can not cut any of the digital carts onmy bug using my G (I only have 2), but I can cut them on my E using my G. I am really bummed because I like bringing my baby bug to crops to save space. I will have to call Customer support to see if it can be fixed. I really hope so.
LindainWA Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 9:33:25 PM(UTC)
LindainWA

United States

Right after mine started doing this, I uplinked my carts to CCR just in case it was my gypsy but now I don't think so.

Please post and let us know what PC says.
scrappymom Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 04, 2013 8:29:54 PM(UTC)
scrappymom

Was thanked: 295 time(s) in 235 post(s)
For my situation I don't think it is my G because I don't have any problems with my E. I am just having the problem with the baby bug..ever since I had to do the update on my bug after I did the CCR update.
ladybugstamper Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 7:32:23 AM(UTC)
ladybugstamper

Was thanked: 485 time(s) in 245 post(s)
I forgot to add, I did contact Customer Service and the Tech department and we spent hours, really hours, trying to figure this out.

End result: Baby Bug, Cake and Expression work with cartridges and my Gypsy.

They do not work with CCR, period.

Solution offered by Customer Service and Tech - buy a new machine so it can talk to CCR, something about the ability to communicate with the older machines.

Unfortunately, I can not afford a new machine, so I'll go back to cartridges and my gypsy and ignore CCR.

Good Luck
MizHeidi Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 7:48:33 AM(UTC)
MizHeidi

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ladybugstamper Go to Quoted Post
I forgot to add, I did contact Customer Service and the Tech department and we spent hours, really hours, trying to figure this out.

End result: Baby Bug, Cake and Expression work with cartridges and my Gypsy.

They do not work with CCR, period.

Solution offered by Customer Service and Tech - buy a new machine so it can talk to CCR, something about the ability to communicate with the older machines.

Unfortunately, I can not afford a new machine, so I'll go back to cartridges and my gypsy and ignore CCR.

Good Luck

I'm having this same problem now. After being on the phone with support for an hour, and finally getting CCR to update firmware to my baby bug, I'm having communication errors when I use my Gypsy with my BB. I'm so glad to have seen this post!! I don't ever use CCR, I was willing to try it, however I would rather have my Gypsy work with my Cricut again over having the free cartridges. My question is, did you just update your firmware back to an older version on the Cricut to avoid this CCR-Gypsy-BB issue? (ie. prior to all this, I was running v.1.34, now with the new CCR, its v. 1.45.) Hope that makes sense. TIA!