Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

43 Pages«<7891011>»
SandraB. Offline
#241 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2013 6:30:12 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 241 time(s) in 205 post(s)
I had a nice surprise this afternoon after I got home from picking up Troy, my pkg. from Cricut was here already. I had ordered the surprise pack, the holiday cart and a universal overlay on Tues. evening and it was here already! The surprise pack was all sorts of Cuttlebug embossing folders (at least a dozen) and I only had 2 of them!

Sharon: hope the horse show went well and you are on the mend.

Joy: hope Jeffie's foot heals ok. Glad your "other" machine is working well for you

Sonja: what grade is your son going into? Glad his first day went well and your trip to the food truck was good

JeanneLee: have fun skyping with your marine son.

Shelly: enjoy your w/end at home. Did your car make it past J's ok?

Fairly quiet w/end here so far, Troy has golf tomorrow morning and then home to do housework

Take care everyone
 1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 8/12/2013(UTC)
AlyaMama Offline
#242 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2013 9:01:12 PM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Jetlag is kicking my butt. I was up at 4 a.m. this morning. I guess it takes time.

Still working on my craft studio, I have way too much stuff and no place to put it. The room is failry large, but not enough shelves. Ikea is coming here, hopefully it will be affordable. Probably not though.

Eid was this week. So the kids got thier new clothes and went and visited thier anuts and uncles and collected thier money. For the first time, this year Jamal gave our kids money too, he usually dosen't. So they were really excited.

Joy I'm on a no paper buying plan also, good luck. I didn't bring as much as I thought I would. My mom kept telling me no, I don't need it. SO I didn't buy it.

Shelly I'm sure your daughter really appreciates all your help. I'll keep your grandson inm y thoughts.

Jeanne I live for skype. WE don't get the best picture, but it's better than nothing right. Have fun talking to your Marine.

Sonya it sounds so funny that you're sampling food trucks, good luck. I get sappy when my kids go back to school too. Enjoy your lunch.

Hi Nancy

AlyaMama attached the following image(s):
Eid 2013.JPG
 1 user thanked AlyaMama for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#243 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 7:00:53 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1231 time(s) in 954 post(s)
Hi Girls,

Beautiful day here today skies are clear and sun is out.

yesterday DH took me out to dinner today we will do a movie and Sunday I will have the family over for our lasagna dinner.

Today is my Birthday I am now counting backwards... Yikes!! when I was in my twenties I thought 60 was old now I am in my late 60's and think 90 is old LOL

I asked for money this year from DH so I bought my Artbooking bundle and became a CTMH ConsultantBigGrin

I should have did that years ago with all the money I spend I might as well get the perks BigGrin So I went on a shopping spree with CTMH boy I am enjoying this. Lots of goodies.

So doing some errands today then off then shopping and later on a movie.

Sandra... glad you were surprised with your package of goodies. I was wondering what was in the surprise package. But I have too many embossing folders so it is a good thing I didn't go for it.

Angie... what was the time difference. I can imagine how tired you must be now coming home to taking care of 4 kids instead of one. I bet the kids were so excited to see you. Are you cooking again for 50 people??

Jeanne... What would we do without Skype I hope you enjoyed seeing your son the Marine.

Shelly... Sending prayers for you and your family hoping for a good outcome for the little guy

Sonya.. glad DS enjoyed his first day of school

Joy.. almost done with all your sewing? Hope Jeffie is doing better.

Well off I go have a great day everyone

1 user thanked lv2scrap02 for this useful post.
Shelly Offline
#244 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 8:58:31 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 283 time(s) in 247 post(s)
Hi everyone,

Angie - What cute kids you have!! Hope you get over your jetlag soon!!

Nancy - Happy Birthday!! Have fun with your new toys!

Sandra - Yes my car did make it past Joanns, but only because it was 8:45 p.m. and I decided it was too late to start browsing paper. Was horribly tempted, but I DO NOT NEED PAPER!!

Joy - How's your craft room coming? You can come work on mine when you are done, lol! Its a mess, but I'm afraid if I straighten it, I won't remember where anything is!

Came home later than I wanted too last night, but it is because my SIL took me out to dinner. Kristi can't eat at a restaurant he wanted to try because of her celiac, so he took me as a thank you for helping this week. It was fun. So I'm home for a little while. I am going back Sunday and staying till at least Tuesday, maybe Wednesday. Depends on what her dr. says Tues about driving and carrying the baby in the carrier. I know she can drive now she is off pain meds, but not sure how long is isn't supposed to lift things and she has 4 doctor appointments next week, so trying to help her out. She didn't want me to leave since I was just coming back so soon, but I thought they needed a couple days alone with the baby. She is just so nervous, but is doing great.

Off to run a bunch of errands and hopefully play some too.

Have a good day!
 1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 on 8/12/2013(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#245 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 10:25:19 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Just got back from shopping and errands and there on the table was a vase with a dozen roses. Boy I must be doing something right LOL

Shelly.. enjoy your brunch with friends
lv2scrap02 Offline
#246 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 11:17:02 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

I was playing around with CCR and "Obbessed With Scrapbooking" Joy has some helpful information.

I have to say having a nice big screen compared to the Gypsy and everything is so much easier. Still haven't tried cutting it.

joyfullycrafting Offline
#247 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 12:53:43 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1400 time(s) in 1109 post(s)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NANCY!!!!!!!!!!

How sweet to find roses waiting for you. Your DH must Love you.

I just can't bring myself to even want to try CCR, although I think I have two carts that are digital due to the price. One is Christmas, so I guess maybe I will have to try it this year. The computer in my craft room is just soooo ssslllloooooowwwwww and old.

I was going to use my G to cut with my new E but I had to update first.

Angie, hope you get over your jet lag soon! That can't be easy with your busy family.

Shelly, hope your daughter gets good news next week, about herself and the baby.

Hi to everyone else!

(I have always kind of wanted Fabulous Finds, and I won it yesterday on ebay. And THEN, I realized I had dollars in paypal to use to pay for it from when someone on the boards bought a bunch of old SU cases and wood mounting blocks! YAY!)
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
NJsharon Offline
#248 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 1:29:08 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 396 time(s) in 237 post(s)
Happy Birthday Nancy!!! Sounds like it has been a great birthday so far!

I had my CTMH open house today which was fun. Shame I only had a couple of ladies show up though, but it meant I could spend more time with them, catch up on what we had all been up to & show them how the new Artbooking cartridge works.

Now I am relaxing, although it is a beautiful day out. So I may just go out for a little walk around the street with the girls soon.

1 user thanked NJsharon for this useful post.
SandraB. Offline
#249 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 7:22:32 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

We had a lovely day here today, was warmer than I thought already this a.m. when we left for golf. I took my jacket but shed it pretty quick. This afternoon I managed to squeeze some scrapbooking in after finished my housework. After supper we all headed out for a nice bike ride, the weather was perfect!

Nancy: Happy, Happy Birthday! Enjoy your roses and new cart. And now you're a consultant, way to go! I'm just so tempted to order that new cart also, I keep seeing stuff from Obsessed with Scrapbooking on it and love it!

Joy: congrats to you on your ebay win also. I don't mind using the CCR at all...you just need to bite the bullet and go for itBigGrin

Sharon: glad your open house went well, sorry more didn't show though.

Angie: hope you get past the jet lag soon. I was up at 6:15 also this a.m., what's up with that?? Hope you get your craft room sorted out. Great pic of the kids, TFS.

Shelly: good girl...you made it past J's.LOL! Nice of your SIL to take you out for dinner, hope you enjoyed it.

Not sure what's on the agenda for tomorrow other than cutting the grass, thunderstorms are possible in the late afternoon.

Take care everyone
DebbieScraps Offline
#250 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 8:33:44 PM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Nancy, I hope you had a wonderful birthday, I tried for hours to get onto this mb to wish you and it would not let me log in :(

Still having loads of rain here, the weeds are growing like weeds and the lawn has got so long but it does not stop raining for long enough for it to dry enough to be cut. We need the rain so badly though, you don't hear anyone complain.

I have been busy in my craft room, have got a lot done which has been great. Only five weeks until the wedding and still so much to do. We are well organised but there is a lot that can only be done at the last minute!

Have a great weekend everyone
 1 user thanked DebbieScraps for this useful post.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#251 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2013 5:03:33 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Sandra, the computer in my craft room is SO OLD it takes forever to turn on. My G is so much faster and portable. I do love my G.

Debbie, I have to say I am really glad our weddings are over. Although it would be nice if Jill found the right man soon! Flapper

Sharon, if I lived there, I would have come to your open house. BigGrin

Had a nice quiet day. Took a nice nap after church. I meant to cut out a skirt,but the couch was calling my name. Then Megan brought Lincoln over. Lincoln is their new labradoodle. He is two months old. He is a cutie. Nick likes him. Camry is not too sure.

Only three weeks till our cruise. I have no idea what to pack. It will be a mix between summer and winter things!
SandraB. Offline
#252 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2013 7:10:15 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Got Troy delivered back to his house and just came in from our walk. Looks like a storm is on it's way...it was so hot today, that I wouldn't be surprised. We sure do need the rain here too. This afternoon dh wanted to go to the grave yard where our families are buried...not sure what brought this on. My dad and his parents & sister are all there. Then stopped in at Wal-mart for a few things, hahaha! Bought Troy some more shorts and sandals as all his seemed to have ended up at his house and he had nothing here. I told him and his staff these are staying here. I wish his main worker would get back from holidays as things seem to be falling apart without her there. A dentist appt. was missed last week and now they tell me the one that was scheduled for this Tues. has also been cancelled. By who, I'm not sure...just a bit miffed that's all. Sorry for rantingGlare!

Debbie: glad you are getting the rain you needed and that you are getting some crafting done.

Joy: sounds like you had fun with the puppies. I'm sure you will get your skirt cut out tomorrow.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend.

JeanneLee Offline
#253 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 7:07:19 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Nancy, Happy belated Birthday!

Angie, enjoyed seeing your kids and how fast they have grown-up!
Hope the jet lag begins to adjust to your time zone again. Yep, with Skype seems like we get great picture...just depends on the day and time. BUT even with a pixelated-type picture we still enjoy that we can kind of see him and talk to him without delay.

Shelly
, sounds like you have been busy with your new grandson. Sorry, did you mention his name? I meant to tell you, my niece's name is Kristi, spelled that way. Hope she is healing well. That first C-section can be hard!(I had 4 , so I know)

Sandra
, sounds like you had a great weekend getting to scrapbook a little. Are you mowing today?
Hot here today...so holding off till Weds. We are getting your storm tom'w and its suppose to cool of here for the rest of the week.

Hi Joy! Cruising in three weeks...where to??(I missed that?)

Artbooking and Obsessed with Scrapbooking?? Need to check these out.

Debbie...time must be flying for you! Hard to believe the wedding is almost here.

Sharon, when do your girls head back to school? Are you still working outside-the-home?

Hi ya, Sonya! Wow, can't imagine riding that many miles, let alone one! What grade is your DS this year. Ours is going into his Junior year. We wished we could have found this home school football team a few years ago. Its a lot of driving for us, but its worth it. He is our last child! Crying

Well the boys made it through last weeks *two-a-day* football practices! They both took naps several times over the weekend and just relaxed! This week it is only once a day practices...looks like a scrimmage this Sat.

Well, I am off here to get some cleaning and straightening up done...will check back in later.
Have a great day everyone!

1 user thanked JeanneLee for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#254 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 8:34:32 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Thank you everyone for your Birthday Wishes. What a nice weekend I had.

You would have thought this was a big birthday it wasn't but it felt like it.

My daughter and family came over yesterday we enjoyed a big meal and DH bought me such a pretty cake Cannoli you all know that is my favorite.

Ms. Abigail gave me a gift card and I got some cash and lots of gift cards. I never really need anything and I told my DD no gift cards to Michel's my M's doesn't have much of a craft section. So I got Movie gift cards, Panara Bread, Outback and cash.

I am exhausted today when I am on my feet all day long I suffer the next day. Thankfully Abigail went down for her nap.

Joy.. 3 weeks until your Cruise seems like you just got back from your last vacation

JeanneLee... that is a lot of driving but as long as you all enjoy it is worth it.

Shelly.. be sure to let us know how your DD and grandson

Sandra..I have to say it is a nice cartridge especially the stamps sets that come with it.

Angie.. you still cleaning out your craft room!!!

Debbie... you are getting lots of rain and today we are getting some rain

Sharon... you feeling better
Happy Crafting

JeanneLee on 8/13/2013(UTC)
NJsharon Offline
#255 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 2:27:56 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

I turn 40yrs old in September, so setting up a weekend away. Hopefully with a few girlfriends, in Atlantic City NJ. That will be a fun way to celebrate!

Went to Dorney amusement/water park today with the girls, which was fun. They always enjoy it there.

Bingo tonight, maybe I will win big. LOL
NJsharon Offline
#256 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 7:28:49 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Well I am kind of happy. I got a phone call earlier, and have a job interview on Wednesday at 12 noon. It is at a local Goddard school. Plus is it is a pretty easy & nice commute, ages of kids I like to work with, benefits after 90 days. Down side is I think I work most school vacations, including the summer.

I have always seemed to have the summer off with my girls, as I have always been a stay at home mom or worked in the public school system. So trying to wrap my head around having to put them in full day camp or having babysitter around at some times. Just don't know how people do it?!

Oh well, will wait for the interview & see how that goes first. But I am excited to have a possibility!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#257 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 8:38:39 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Sharon, hope your interview goes well it this is the job that you are supposed to have.

JeanneLee, we are going on a 14 day cruise to Alaska. And I think Artbooking will be a great cart!

Glad you had a nice birthday, Nancy!

I did get some sewing done today. Got the skirt cut out and put together. It is cut on the bias, so it is hanging until tomorrow when I will hem it. They say when something is on bias to do this.

I also mostly got the jacket/cape thing I cut out last week at my parents house mostly done. It is interesting! LOL I already had the pattern and found fabric in my stash to use, so right now I didn't put many $$ in it, just a zipper and wide elastic.

My poor sewing machine is making noise. I will try and baby it along until right before we leave, then I think I had better take it to the shop for a check-up. It is a really nice machine - a Viking Huskvarna. I really really really like it. I think I have had it for over 10 years, more like 12 or 15 maybe.

JeanneLee on 8/13/2013(UTC)
DebbieScraps Offline
#258 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:06:39 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Joy, congratulations on your first grandchild, Lincoln sounds cute, please post a pic of him for us to see LOL LOL I had Romulus here over the weekend, he is quite a handful and loves to chew!!! I am amazed at how tolerant Jet has become with him.
DebbieScraps Offline
#259 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:11:17 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Well we have apparently had the warmest August here in over a century by 0.1 degree. I must say it has been very pleasant as August is normally cold wet and windy. It has only really been wet. We are still having rain which plays havoc with my internet but I was shocked to read in the news today that we have only had half of the normal annual rainfall for winter! I thought we were well on track for normal winter rainfall. I am just hoping and praying that the cold wet weather will not go through into September especially on the day of the wedding! The engagement shoot was done in the rain and they got some great photo's but we want sunshine for the wedding photos BigGrin
JeanneLee Offline
#260 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 9:20:31 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Joy, that sounds like a fabulous trip! Can't wait to hear about it!

Nancy, yes, it is a long drive, but it will be worth it. He has always wanted to play football and wanted us to put him into public school so he could play. (though he didn't want to actually have to do the school part! Sneaky
Glad you had such a nice birthday.

My heart is heavy today. Just found out from another crafty friend that a crafty friend died suddenly at the age of 60. Fortunately, her husband knew the websites she frequented and contacted her craft friends. (info I must give to my hubby!) Sad news, but am grateful the last swap I was in was a partner swap in May. She made me these beautiful pins:
JeanneLee attached the following image(s):
100_27~1.jpg
SandraB. Offline
#261 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 11:35:43 AM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Last nite was Troy's last nite of bocce. They are planning to start much earlier next year so they get more practice time in. They had a blast playing it this year. Got my nails redone yesterday as a couple had loosened up and actually fallen off. My Charmed cart was at the door this a.m. when I got upBigGrin! Off to Troy's dentist appt. later this afternoon...it wasn't cancelled after all. His regular worker is back from holidays now, so things should be smooth sailing from here on in.

Joy: glad you got your skirt sewen together

Nancy: glad you had a nice birthday celebration.

Sharon: hope your interview goes well. Things will fall into place if it's meant to be.

JeanneLee: glad your ds is enjoying his football. Sorry to hear about the loss of your crafting friend. The pins will be a nice keepsake for you. They look lovely.

Debbie: congrats on breaking the wet weather record! Hopefully, you will have a sunny day for the wedding. The last few days have been quite warm and humid here. We did have a good rainstorm Sun. nite, possibly one on the way for tonite too. I've already noticed that it's getting dark sooner againGlare!

Take care everyone, will try to check in later tonite after my coffee date with some gal pals.
JeanneLee on 8/14/2013(UTC)
joyfullycrafting Offline
#262 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:28:48 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

JeanneLee, so sorry to hear about your craft friends. Those pins ARE beautiful! And I know we will have a great trip. We are going with some old friends. Like we go back to the 70's with our friendship. And I was still in HS back then!

Sandra, we have also noticed that it is getting dark earlier. We have finished our walk in the dark a couple of times lately.

Debbie, is the wedding outdoors? We saw on the weather report we have only had three days in the 80's since like the first of July, but it was nice to see that one of them was Megan's wedding day. Today is their one month anniversary.

Megan and Brandon are not getting much sleep with the new "baby" in the house. I will try and get a pic posted of him.

McCall's patterns are 70 cents this week, so Megan and I went pattern shopping today while Merle was at physical therapy! At that price, it is no so bad if you don't use them. :)

I also got a couple of skeins of yarn to make another baby blanket for another baby at church.

Hmmmm. I just realized that I need to make Lincoln a blankie! And Camry. LOL Flapper Laugh Nick and Jeffie both have blankies.

Sandy Offline
#263 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:40:36 PM(UTC)
Sandy

United States

Was thanked: 5466 time(s) in 2355 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lv2scrap02 Go to Quoted Post
Thank you everyone for your Birthday Wishes. What a nice weekend I had.

You would have thought this was a big birthday it wasn't but it felt like it.

My daughter and family came over yesterday we enjoyed a big meal and DH bought me such a pretty cake Cannoli you all know that is my favorite.

Ms. Abigail gave me a gift card and I got some cash and lots of gift cards. I never really need anything and I told my DD no gift cards to Michel's my M's doesn't have much of a craft section. So I got Movie gift cards, Panara Bread, Outback and cash.

I am exhausted today when I am on my feet all day long I suffer the next day. Thankfully Abigail went down for her nap.

Joy.. 3 weeks until your Cruise seems like you just got back from your last vacation

JeanneLee... that is a lot of driving but as long as you all enjoy it is worth it.

Shelly.. be sure to let us know how your DD and grandson

Sandra..I have to say it is a nice cartridge especially the stamps sets that come with it.

Angie.. you still cleaning out your craft room!!!

Debbie... you are getting lots of rain and today we are getting some rain

Sharon... you feeling better
Happy Crafting

CANNOLI CAKE????? OMY, YOU ARE SOOOO LUCKY!

When my GD was baptized 3 years ago I went all over TX trying to find a CANNOLI CAKE!!!! Finally someone said she would try to make it and it was delicious but not like they have in NY!!!

PedalPower! Offline
#264 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 4:44:24 AM(UTC)
PedalPower!

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Hi girls! It's a gorgeous morning here. I'm skipping the gym this morning to work in my landscaping. We will bike as a family with the club this evening, so I'm good on my exercise for the day.

I have a chiro appt today and then will have lunch with a friend. Her kids are just starting school today, so a big outing for her. Hard to believe my little guy has been in school almost a week already! He loves his teacher and is happy with fourth grade so far. He started football practice last night and seemed happy about it when he got home.

We're starting to get into a routine...it's taking a little bit....but we're getting there! I was able to make a card yesterday and I have another one laid out that I think I can finish today. I also have a scrapbook page that just needs a title, so maybe some of these things will be complete by the end of the week.

Hope all is well with everyone!
NJsharon Offline
#265 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 6:09:01 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Ready for my interview today! Wearing a dress (first time in about 5 years I am wearing a dress!) and it is a size 14. That is really good for me, as it is the first time I am in a 14. I started this journey in a size 22!

Interview Dress
lv2scrap02 Offline
#266 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 7:33:15 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Jeanne... I am so sorry to hear about your craft friend. So young. Sending Hugs your way) those pins are so pretty.

Sharon.. you go girl looking good. Wishing you luck on your job interview

Sonya... let us know where you go to lunch with your friend.. that use to be the main topic of our chats. Good luck at the chirop.

Hey Sandy.. there is nothing like a Italian Cannoli Cake my cake was enough to feed 10 -12 people and 8 of use finished it off. Trust me my waitline is feeling it LOL but it was good

Joy.. wow .77 cents here patterns on sale are 6 to 8.00 regualar price is over 15.00 not that I sew anymore but the prices are crazy!! too funny it is like your DD has a infant keeping them up at night!

Sandra.. enjoy your new cartridge

Debbie.. I can't believe how fast the wedding is coming up. Thank you for the gorgeous Birthday Card. I love itBigGrin BigGrin

Busy day finally getting to go bowling after 3 or 4 weeks.

Must run have a great day all
PedalPower! Offline
#267 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 7:52:43 AM(UTC)
PedalPower!

Today's lunch venue....Buffalo Wild Wings. Today's lunch friend is not a terribly adventurous eater...she has a lot of stomach issues so I always let her pick.

Tomorrow: Lunch with Euro friend for the first time since she returned from Prague--hooray! It will be at our fave Indian restaurant.

Friday: Hitting the farmers market, where biker chick friend and I will try another food truck.

Yep...I'm a lady who "lunches". hahahah!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#268 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 8:43:50 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I have always wanted to try Buffalo Wild Wings! It sounds yummy. There are several around here, well, 45 minutes away. Down the street from Hobby Lobby!

Headed for my weight loss appointment this afternoon, then a minor league baseball game with our church group. Should be fun.

DH is helping some guy we just met last night move into his house.

So, Nancy, what exactly is a canolli cake? You talk about them all the time, but I really don't know what they are. Whatever they are, they must be delicious!!!!!!!
PedalPower! Offline
#269 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 11:57:40 AM(UTC)
PedalPower!

We love B-Dubs (Buffalo Wild Wings). We don't eat there often, but I love hot and spicy sauces. Today...I had fish tacos. They had their Caribbean Jerk sauce on them...yummy!

I'd love to see a picture of a cannoli cake. I like the dessert, so I'm sure I'd enjoy cake form. Drat...now I want dessert. Drool
lv2scrap02 Offline
#270 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 12:51:30 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Here is a photo of the Cannoli Cake Usually made with yellow cake mix

There are so many different recipes no two alike but no matter what the best Cannoli Cakes are from a Italian Bakery

The filling is Ricotta Cheese pured very fine like a cream then they add Confectionary sugar and sometimes chocolate chips

Usually 5 to 6 inches high with 2 layers of filling 3 layers of cake the top is usually in my cakes always whip cream with almonds on the side.

In 2 weeks it will be Alex's 15th Birthday and he is requesting Cannoli Cake his and my favorite along with DH.

Then with his cake I will take a photo of it sliced

Here is mine

This photo doesn't do it justice it is about 6 inches tall

Edited by user Wednesday, August 14, 2013 12:58:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lv2scrap02 attached the following image(s):
Nancy's Birthday Cake.JPG
Nancy's Birthday Cake.JPG