Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

43 Pages«<678910>»
lv2scrap02 Online
#211 Posted : Sunday, August 04, 2013 4:14:29 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1229 time(s) in 952 post(s)

Hi girls,

I have some questions for everyone who scrapbooks and uses their cricut...

Do you plan ahead your layout and cut all the images out

Or do you go page by page??

I decided to cut a batch of images out on Baby Steps rather then doing a page at a time. Now I spent the whole day doing this and putting these die cuts together and also cutting phrases out.

No scrapping today
joyfullycrafting Offline
#212 Posted : Sunday, August 04, 2013 4:47:01 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1392 time(s) in 1102 post(s)
Nancy, I always seem to go page by page. There have been times I have saved cuts to use, but I never seem to use them and I feel kind of wasteful, so page by page. And I scrap in order. I can't seem to do a page here and a page there. I think better cronologically. I know that I did not spell that correctly!

I got a jacket done that goes with the dress I made for Megan's wedding. I got the fabric when I got the dress fabric, but didn't intend to get it done for the wedding. Wrong color! It is sheer fabric, and I had a few issued with it, but it is finished, and looks nice with the dress.

I got a fleece jacket cut out yesterday at my parents house while DH watched a NASCAR race. I am trying to decide if I will make it next, or cut out a skirt and make it. I have a hunch the skirt will win. I can wear it before I will be able to wear the jacket!

Sandra, I really understand about your mom. My mom is quiet and gentle but my dad is another story. He can drive me nuts in a hurry.

Angie, I am so glad for you that your trip went so well! I am sure it will be easier to look forward to next year's visit this way. I hope your son appreciates all of his new legos!!!
SandraB. Offline
#213 Posted : Sunday, August 04, 2013 7:24:58 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 204 post(s)
Today was a mixture of sun, clouds and rain. It didn't look too great this a.m., so dh & I decided to cut the grass in case the clouds opened up. We finished and the sun came out until later this afternoon. DH was getting ready to get the ribs on the b-b-q and the rain started. Didn't last long though...we all went for a walk after dinner.

Nancy: I usually go page by page or sometimes I might do the layouts on a few pages and then go back and embellish & journal after.

Joy: boy you are on a roll with your sewing!

Angie: enjoy your last day and have a safe trip home. Bet your boys will be glad to see you

We had a nice family/anniversary dinner tonight for the kids...5 years already! Speaking of scrapbooking...might just go do some now

Take care everyone
NJsharon Offline
#214 Posted : Sunday, August 04, 2013 8:45:30 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 236 post(s)
Well we went on an impromptu getaway to Atlantic City for 3 nights & had fun. Some of you that are on facebook will have seen my photos I posted. Highlight for the girls (and my husband) was that we found some feral cats under the boardwalk & a few of them were kind of tame, so they were petting the cats. LOL

Now I am home, back to the daily grind!

Have to prep for my open house next Saturday. Figure out a card or two that everyone will make, or a single page layout. Then precut the stuff. I have one lady definitely coming, then 6 maybes. So will prep for 6 people & that should be enough.

Girls start a week long camp tomorrow. Elise is doing horse-back riding for 5 days (9am-3pm) & Emily is doing cooking camp for 4 days (10am-12noon). They are both excited.

Hope you are all doing well. The summer just seems to be flying by!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#215 Posted : Sunday, August 04, 2013 9:33:47 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Sharon, Atlantic City sounds like fun! And I think you will be running a taxi service this week with your girls.

Sandra, ribs, YUM!

Got the skirt almost done. It does not really go with what I wanted to wear it with, so I guess I will go with plan B for something to wear with it. But I haven't figured out what plan B is yet! So, the skirt and I will have to go to the store to find a new top. A cheap new top!

Went for about a three mile walk tonight with DH at my parents house. It was so nice and peaceful to walk on those empty coutry roads.
PedalPower! Offline
#216 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 6:22:52 AM(UTC)
PedalPower!

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Hi girls!

We went for a short 18 mile ride last night. It was cool and pleasant, and just the slightest tailwind to bring us home. My son is riding really well. I can't imagine how fast this kid will be in a couple of years--he'll be such a great racer with a little more time.

Today is another sunny and pretty day here. My friend and I are taking DS to a nearby small town that has "Food Truck Mondays". It will be on the courthouse square. Not sure what sorts of food trucks there will be, but it sounded like a fun thing to try. On our way back, we will stop by a local meat market and pick up some steaks and such. Great quality meats, but a bit out of the way....today will be the perfect chance to get a few things.

Not sure what else we'll stir up for the day. Right now, I need to hop off because I have cookies to take to school for a teacher appreciation luncheon and then need to stop at the grocery store. Have a great day!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#217 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 8:25:40 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Heading to "the city" today with a friend. She has an appointment, so I will get an hours worth of knitting or reading done.

And I think we are going to hit Archievers. Lucky for me, coupons came in my email this morning!
Shelly Offline
#218 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 2:03:10 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Hi everyone,
I'm at my daughters helping her out for a week helping her out andvtryingbto type this on my tablet Cant seem to get my computer to hook up to the internet even though it says I am connected.

Wow Joy, you are quite the sewer. I was when my kids were little. Now I'm too lazy. Sounds like you are making some nice stuff for yourself. Are you going to take your new things on your cruise?

Angie - glad you have had a good time on your vacation. Hope you figure out how to get everything home without too much extra cost. Safe travel home!

Nancy-Mmmm. Your sauce sounds delicious. I dont scrapbook, so I'm no help.

Pedal - The food trucks sound like fun. Hope you find lots of yummy stuff to eat.

Jeannelee - Your pis look like you had a good time at the game. Cute family pics.

Sandra - Glad your dinner went well. Hope things go ok with your mom. I understand how frustrating parents can be.

Sharon - Sounds like a fun get away. Good luck with making your kits.

Guess I'll go for now. Talk to you all later.
 1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 8/9/2013(UTC)
joyfullycrafting Offline
#219 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 6:37:21 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Had a nice day with my friend in the city.

We went to Archievers. I had talked about making a scrapbook ahead of time and journel as we go for the cruise. Then I thought it would be nice to get an album in Alaska to use. And at Archievers I was looking at the Project Life kind of stuff thinking that might be ice. But then I remembered I wanted to get an album in Alaska.

SO, I got some tags and little stuff to get ready (inking, some embellishing, etc). These will be to journel on as we go, then I will have that done when we get home. I have never tried this before, so I hope it works!

lv2scrap02 Online
#220 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2013 7:59:08 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Sonya how long does a 18 mile bike ride take?? It is so nice your DS also enjoyes it BigGrin

Shelly.. I am sure your DD is loving haveing you with her. Does she live near you?

Joy.. glad you got to go into the City. Sounds like a good plan and that will be nice if you do buy an album in Alaska.

Joy I also like to scrapbook in date order.

Well I am on my lap top and the battery keeps dying so I called the store that my DH purchased it from and they are ordering me a new battery for less the HP would have charged. I love my lap top so why buy another one when I can order a replacement battery.

This lap top my DH bought in Christmas 2008 or 2009 for me and if some of you gals remember

like Angie, Sonya and Debbie we use to all chat the same time every night and it was so nice. I think the old Web site was quicker and it was instant messageing.

The past several days we have had cooler weather which is nice walking more with Abigail she loves going for walks.

NJsharon Offline
#221 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2013 10:41:49 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Been so busy getting ready for my CTMH open house on Saturday.

I came up with this really simple layout, using the new Artbooking cartridge. It was so easy, but I like it. The colored leaves are actually popped up, hard to see that from the photo.

Open House Layout

Also made a small ring, that everyone will get to make as a free make & take too. Hoping they all like it!

Then made up display boards showing all the new papers. It is looking pretty good. Just a bit of work!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#222 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2013 12:55:37 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Sharon, I like your layout!

Nancy, it is so nice that the weather is nice enough to walk with little Miss Abigail. BigGrin

Shelly, I will probably take one or two new things I am sewing on the cruise. Definately the dress I made for Megan's wedding to wear to dinner!

Sonya, do you get flats very often? We have TONS of puncture vines around, no one seems to care, and those stupid things can flatten a tire faster then you can blink. I think that they are one of God's punishments for Adam and Eve!!! Jill was a whiz at patching bike tires when she had a paper route.

Back to the city again today for my weight loss appointment. Then, to Costco for DH's favorite lunch. Blink
PedalPower! Offline
#223 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2013 1:35:20 PM(UTC)
PedalPower!

Hi girls...

Sharon, that was a cute layout. Like the leaves.

To answer your bike questions....
Nancy, 18 miles with our kiddo takes about 1 hour 15 minutes. If I ride alone, it takes me about 1 hour 5 minutes. If my DH rides alone, takes him about 45-50 minutes. It's not flat (though not horribly hilly, more rolling hills) and the pavement the first half of the route is not in good condition, so that slows you down.

A "good" distance for me to ride is 22-30 miles. Anything over 40 feels "long". My DH can ride all day. He has done an event called RAIN (Ride Across INdiana) that is 165 miles. He's done it in about 6 hours. He is part of a record holding group that rode the fastest century (100 miles) on record. They did it in 3 hours 45 min. Think about it...that's more than a 25 mph avg on a bike for 100 miles. FAST! I think that was about 5 years ago. BigGrin

But for DS to ride, 18 miles is a good distance for him. He still has energy to roll in rather fast and isn't too wiped out for the rest of the day's activities. He starts football next week. Oh my!

My friend has been riding on Tuesdays with DS and I. Next week, she and I will do the 22 mile route, which will be nice to extend it a bit longer. We are on a food truck hunt. The foodtrucks we tried yesterday were just "ok". More like fair food, not really what we thought. We've found three in town we want to try. Looking at them for perhaps at our bike race in future years. We have plans to try a Mexican food truck on Thursday that people are raving about. Love me some tacos!! Drool

Joy, yes...flats do happen! We did a family ride this summer and DH got a puncture flat about a mile into our ride. It looked like a staple that had gotten in there. I have more problems on our greenway with glass. I've had two flats due to glass fragments, but fortunately they haven't gone down until after I've gotten home. I carry the stuff to change tubes and such, but truthfully...I carry a cell phone and I always either ride with someone or have a friend on call who can come get me. I'm not sure i could change one without getting frostbite on my fingers from the CO2 cartridge that we use to air the tires. Oh, and it would take me about 2 hours. Takes my DH about 10 minutes. Bike tires are not cheap....tubes are not so bad, but our bike tires are pricey little things. They make scrapbooking supplies look reasonable. LOL

Ok...better get on with real life for a bit. Have a great day everyone!
Shelly Offline
#224 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2013 1:50:21 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Hi everyone

Sharon -Love your layout. I'm sure the ladies will love it!

Nancy - My DD lives about a 45 minute drive from me, so i am just staying here as long as she wants me too. She isn't supposed to drive or lift the carseat yet, so i am trying to help out. Her sons cute little feet are clubfeet so she has a bunch of appointments to figure out the plan for getting them fixed. Thankfully they will be able to and can do it now while he is too young to remember. Hope you get your new battery soon!

Joy - Have fun in the city and at Costco. My dad likes to go there at lunch and eat all the samples. Says it fills him up just fine. Hope your weightloss is going well. I'M JEALOUS!

Take care everyone!

joyfullycrafting Offline
#225 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2013 9:14:23 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Good Morning, Cricut friends!

Another really warm day. Our highs are in the mid-90's. They have been for a while, and will be for a while longer. Typical for us this time of year.

Shelly, it really is a blessing that we have the modern medicine that we do today so your little guy's feet can be fixed!

I think today is the day to start mucking out my craft room. It really is AWFUL. I just have not had much time since about last November to do much with it.
AlyaMama Offline
#226 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2013 2:43:45 PM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Hello- well I made it back home. What a long flight! I used boxes again, I swore last year I'd never use boxes, but I decided it allowed me to get about 20lbs more stuff home. I figure a little inconvience is worth it. The kids were so excited to get all thier toys.

Now I'm jetlagged and grumpy. My MIL decided to cook for us tonight so we had to go over there and have dinner then sit around and watch t.v. I just wanted to go home and finish unpacking.

Jamal had the big Iftar dinner we have every year when he invites his whole family about 50 people in total. That means I have to get my craft room packed up so the men can hang out up here. Now I have to put it all back. There is boxes of stuff in every room, toys, craft stuff, baby stuff etc. All waiting for me to put it away.

I'm a little miffed about that.

I'll take this as an opportunity to rearrange my craft studio and get things organized. Looking for the positive BigGrin

Better get back to cleaning and unpacking.

SandraB. Offline
#227 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2013 6:57:24 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
well I had a note posted last nite and for some reason there was some problem with the security thing and it didn't get posted. Went on a scrapbooking roadtrip with my friend today...found a few treasures.

Sharon: your layout is lovely, hope your open house goes well

Angie: glad you made it home. Sorry to hear about the mess you came back to. Glad the kids liked their new toys

Sonja: you guys really are avid bikers, hats off to you

Joy: good luck on cleaning up your craft room. Glad you were able to find some stuff for your Alaskan cruise. We don't have an Archivers here, would love to go to one

Shelly: glad you are able to help out your dd with the little ones. Glad to hear they will be able to fix the little guys feet.

We had a full day of rain today, which we really needed. It is also considerably cooler than it has been, though it is supposed to warm up again. Tomorrow I'm taking mom to the dentist and then bringing her back here until my sister picks her up around supper time. Wish me luck, it could be a very long day! Last nite I renewed my membership with my reward points and also ordered the mystery box, the new Home for the Holiday cart and a universal overlay. I hope I did the membership thing right, I got a confirmation e-mail plus they took off the points.

Hopefully this post will work tonite.
NJsharon Offline
#228 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 7:46:36 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Oh my, was I sick yesterday!

Took the girls to this neighborhood night out that had free burgers at it. I ate a burger & think it gave me food poisoning. I was in bed (or the bathroom!) all day yesterday! I had really bad diarrhea, threw up once, aches all over, stomach cramps & lethargic. Just felt sooo bad all day!

Thankfully I woke up today feeling better, just in a bit of a daze, but not feeling sick any more.

Had to go to the post office to mail off 4 CTMH packages, so got that done. Also dropped Elise at horse camp. She is sure loving that camp. Last day tomorrow & they are putting on a show. I can't wait to see that!

I now have 3 definites & 5 maybes for my open house. Made enough layouts & the ring/jewelry for 4 people to make. I didn't want lots of supplies leftover.

Anyone signing up for the Cricut Circle for the next year? My membership expires this week, but can't see paying that much money for renewal (think it was $80?) & don't have enough points. So guess I will be letting it go.
lv2scrap02 Online
#229 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 9:25:38 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Strange couldn't sign on kept saying security certificate not valid!!!

well still organizing things in the craft room put 40 CTMH stamp sets in their storage bin now
have more room on shelves. Sorting thru a lot of stamps I had for years either I used them all the time in the pasr now hardly use them.

I don't think I am renewing the Circle Membership I have plenty of points but I don't see the benefit

Yesterday we went out for a ride to the East End with another couple and a really nice lunch at a very nice restaurant then hit the farm stands. years ago veggies and fruit were so much cheaper to buy now the prices these farmers want are off the wall. Now everything is sold by the pound. Years ago you could buy 2 heads of caulflower for 3.00 we would come home with so much stuff.

Yesterday I cam home with a small container of yellow grape tomotos for 6.00

I know they are paying alot more in gas and oil prices the economy is really hurting them
and us!

But it was a nice day out.

Sharon glad you are feeling better I hate when that happens

Sandra.. have fun with mom

Joy.. have fun cleaning your craft room

Angie.. glad you are home safe not soo much fun that you have to clean out the craft room again!

Sonya... you guys are some serious bike riders so much healthy for your son to be out riding then playing video games in the house Glad he enjoys it as much as you and your DH.

Shelly,,, your grandson is a cutie nice to hear they will be taking care of the little guys feet

Hoping everyone enjoys their day
joyfullycrafting Offline
#230 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 4:30:16 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

It is almost 5:30. DH just looked at the temp, and it is 100.5 outside.

Got more fabric today. Blushing A few years ago I did some beading on a levi jacket and was really wanting a skirt to wear with it.

I did work on cleaning up my paper storage this morning. I will not buy paper. I will not buy paper. I will not buy paper. Unless it is cheap and cute!!! LOL Or I NEED something specific for a project.

Nancy, I think right now we are spending all of our crafting time organizing!!!!!!! BigGrin Laugh BigGrin

Sharon, so sorry you were sick! Glad you are better, and so nice you are getting some sign-ups for your crop.

I like the new Circle cart, but I won't pay that much to join and I don't have nearly enough points. So, I will skip it.

I though I would want the new Holiday Creative Cards. It is nice, but I think I will skip it. I do really like the original Creative Cards, though.

Sandra, I hope your day went well with your mom!!!
SandraB. Offline
#231 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 7:16:21 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

evening gals;
Today was pretty good with mom...though a bit long. I picked her up @ 10:00 and had her with me until we went for supper @5:30 with my sister. She took her from there. I did bring her to my house and my friend stopped by for a coffee, then mom decided to have a nap. I snuck downstairs and found I had my code for my membership on my e-mail so I completed that process.

Joy: you sound like me...no more paper buying!

Nancy: glad you are getting your room organized

Sharon: hope you are feeling better now.

I think tomorrow should be rather quiet until I have to go pick up Troy.

Take care everyone
Shelly Offline
#232 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 9:45:53 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Hi everyone.

Don't know what has been going on today here. I've been trying on and off all day to sign in. It wouldn't say I was in. So of course I couldn't post on anything. Finally 12 hours later its leting me in.

Nancy - Glad you enjoyed your day out. Too bad you didnt have better deals.

Sharon - Glad you are feeling better! That's not fun stuff. Have fun at your daughters program. I'm sure it will be great for her to show you everything she has learned.

Sandra - Glad things went well with your mom. I've never had a circle membership. Have wondered what it was all about. But not sure I could swing that right now. But maybe i will look into it.

Joy - I hear you on the no more paper. That is what i keep telling myself. I am so hoping my car does not stop at Joanns tomorrow on the way home from my daughters. They are having a daily deal on DCW packs. If my car does have a mind of its own, I hope im wrong and I have the days mixed up. I really dont need anymore paper. But what if its cute!?!

Well tomorrow is my last day at my daughters for a couple days I hope.. I still have to take her to some appointments but her husband might bring her to my house, since they are all by my house. Not really wanting to drive out to her house, 45 mins away and then back to my ohouse, and take her home and come back to my house at least twice next week. Hoping she gets the ok at the second appt to drive. Otherwise, I will probably go stay at her place after the weekend so i dont have to drive 3 hours a day. Gas is too expensive.

Goodnight all!

PedalPower! Offline
#233 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2013 6:26:39 AM(UTC)
PedalPower!

Hi girls...first day of school was yesterday. I normally don't get too sappy over that, but this year was harder for me for some reason. The good thing is I stayed really busy. Had a bike race planning meeting for next year's event, then tried out another food truck with a friend. This time it was really, really good!

My son had a wonderful first day and really likes his teacher. He was so happy when he got in the car....but this morning was so nervous. I'm not sure what was up with that?

Today I'm having lunch with my bestie. Yay!
NJsharon Offline
#234 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2013 7:18:16 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

I am feeling much better today. yesterday I was okay in the morning & by lunchtime it had come back with me running to the bathroom every 20 minutes!

But so far today so good. Praying it is better & not going to start to get sick again!

I am really looking forward to my open house tomorrow, even if I do have just a few people coming!

Also really looking forward to Elise's horse show today. I can't wait! Will be taking video & photos of that for sure!
JeanneLee Offline
#235 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2013 7:52:44 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Hello ladies!

Sorry, you have been sick, Sharon. Glad you are felling better today. Look forward to seeing photos of Elise.

Nancy
, to be honest I haven't scrapped in a while(just cards), but I usually plan what I need for a page and cut as I go.

Speaking of the Circle membership, I won't be renewing, I don't have enough points and to be honest, this chat is the only place I come to as of late.

Today is the last day of *two-a-day* football practices. Poor hubby is up at 5am and doesn't get home till 10pm! DS is working 8a-1p and then hubby picks him up for FB practice(commutes an hour and a half to get there!) So its been a lonnngggg week for them both. I know they are both looking forward to the weekend. Next week, its just back to evening practices. They have their first game Aug. 23rd.

Planning to Skype with our Marine tonight(8pm for us...9am for him)...what did we do without Skype!!

Have a blessed weekend everyone!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#236 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2013 11:38:16 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Hi all.

Shelly, when does your new baby go to the dr to see about his feet? I think you told us but I can't remember.

I have to drive past J's today, but lucky for me my mom will be with me, so I won't stop.

JeanneLee, it is so nice that you can skype with your Marine. We should skype more with Jill, but we do talk to her constantly.

Sonya, it just seems to EARLY for school to start!

Sharon, can't wait to see a pic of the horse show. :)

I FINALLY got a card made this morning. I would just get started and someone would want something. And now Nick is being demanding. Flapper The card turned out cute, though. I used The First Few Years. I should have taken a pic but I wrote in it already. Maybe I will take a couple and blur the writing!!!

Poor Jeffie. He had been limping earlier in the week, and two days ago when he was at doggie day care, they called Jill and told her that he would not put any weight at all on one of his front feet. She took him to the vet early yesterday morning. They x-rayed him and found a small something in his paw - they thought glass or metal. They did surgery on him, cleaned all the infection out, and stitched him back up. He has a HUGE bandage on his foot. He goes back on Monday for another x-ray and they will take the bandages off and see how he is doing. Luckily, Jill is able to work from home every now and then, and that is what she is doing today.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 8/12/2013(UTC)
joyfullycrafting Offline
#237 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2013 11:42:40 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I forgot to mention that I used my "new" machine. It cut perfectly! I haven't had cuts this nice for a long time!!!
NJsharon Offline
#238 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2013 12:06:58 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
I forgot to mention that I used my "new" machine. It cut perfectly! I haven't had cuts this nice for a long time!!!

What 'new' machine did you get Joy, was it a new Cricut or one of the 'other' machines?
I have been using my 'new' cricut expression most of the time lately as I have been playing with the new CTMH cartridge. But I do like the way my 'other' machine cuts. It cuts more precise & easier than my cricut.
Shelly Offline
#239 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2013 12:35:09 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Hi,

Sharon - I hopecyour bug is gone for good now! Have fun at your daughters horse program today. Hope your open house goes well.

Pedal - Wow school really starts early for your son! It starts the 19th for my neighborhood, which is the earliest I ever remember. I know some people who work for the district who are not happy at all. Glad this last food truck ws better.

Joy - My grandson goes to the dr about his feet on Monday. We will find out the plan for him then. Praying for a fast, easy way to correct the problem, and not some of the ones my daughter has read online. Hope Jill's dog heals up quickly.

Jeannelee - That will be so nice to be able to Skype with your marine. Glad you can find a time that works out well for both of you.

Hope everyone can get some quality crafting in today and/or this weekend. I'm itching to get home and play in my craft room.
 1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 8/12/2013(UTC)
joyfullycrafting Offline
#240 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2013 1:59:34 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Sharon,I found a cake machine at a local thrift store. $60 for the machine and the cart that goes with it (cake basics?), plus it had the instruction CD and all the printed instructions and the power cord! I took the blade out of my machine, put it in the new one, and I am good to go! My old E has some issues and it is REALLY hard to cut anything very detailed.

Shelly, prayers for your grandson. My SIL is having a knee replaced on Monday. Not really the same thing, but kind of! :)