Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

43 Pages«<2526272829>»
lv2scrap02 Offline
#781 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2013 12:04:16 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1229 time(s) in 952 post(s)
Shelly.. you can't get a break from the grandkids LOL They do like our attention

Debbie.. I know every year you like to change things up a bit decorating the tree sounds pretty

What a crazy day of cooking...

I had leftover hugh mushrooms and decided to stuff them and bake them , that was our lunch they were so good

Then I bought 4 big artichokes (sp) my DD and sil love them so do I we missed not having them on Thanksgiving so I decided to cook them up stuff them with garlic olive oil and fresh parsly

Then Steve said oh I forgot we still have some apples from the Farm why don't you make baked apples.. plus doing wash I am exhausted.. just finished cleaning the kitchen but the artichokes are still cooking we like them soft so they take hours to cook

I really want to sit down and Craft but we will see might need a couch break LOL
joyfullycrafting Offline
#782 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2013 12:45:08 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1392 time(s) in 1102 post(s)
Nancy, so glad that you finally made it on! I will send you an email. My address has not changed.

We thought Meg had strep throat. DH took her to a doc this morning. Turns out she has a virus. 7 to10 days worth. I sure hopeshe is better by Monday for school.

Debbie, Kate will be driving home for Christmas with no heat in her car so DH can work on it. She just had to have some repairs done and boy were they expensive. So she is waiting for the rest of what is needed.

we found an amazing cruise deal in January that we could not pass up. On a few Princess cruises in January if you book 100% of the price goes onto your next cruise. And we will have enough onboard credit to pay tips. The only cost will be fees! Since we will already be at Jill's, we went for it. It is only a four day cruise but an almost free four day cruise.

I suppose I should get motivated and get the Christmas stuff out. I am cold and unmotivated. I just want to curl up under a blanket and watch a Christmas movie. Flapper
DebbieScraps Offline
#783 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2013 11:47:08 PM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Today we went for a breakfast picnic at Kings Park, it is one of my favourite places in the world :) and i can't believe how long it has been since I was last there! It was lovely and so relaxing. I have mentioned Kings Park before but for those who were not on the mb then, it is a huge park overlooking the city. It is actually the biggest inner city park in the world and there are loads of beautiful gardens, fountains, monuments, childrens play areas, tree top walk, bushland etc etc. http://en.wikipedia.org/..._Park,_Western_Australia if you want more info. will definitely not leave it so long before going again. DD had wedding photo's taken there but I am not counting that visit LOL.

I still can't upload pics on this site :( so can't show you my lovely Christmas tree!!! DS was joking and saying he can remember getting the small step ladder so that he could put something at the top of the christmas tree, now he is as tall at the christmas tree LOL. I have Romulus for the weekend and I was worried that he would be busy undecorating the tree and chewing the baubles but so far he has behaved himself thank goodness. He did decide at 4am to bark and wake us all up as he felt it was time to play so he was not very popular, I think he is harder work than a toddler sometimes!!

all the fresh air at the park has made me tired (yawn)!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#784 Posted : Sunday, December 01, 2013 11:43:41 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

For some unknown reason both my lap top and desk top are saying that the Cricut web site is not a secured site!! I had problems all morning trying to get on! finelly onBigGrin BigGrin

I am on my Imagine printing out the ABC's for Abigail using Blast Off I have cubes but she throws those around and thought if I had the letters might work better.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday
lv2scrap02 Offline
#785 Posted : Sunday, December 01, 2013 11:48:45 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Joy I hope your DD gets better soon My DD Patty is also sick usually always sick for the Holidays too much running around.

Joy great deal on the Cruise. Why are you so cold here on L.I. it is in the 40's I have my heat on 72 DH always complaining its too hot but I am good LOL

Debbie so glad you enjoyed your time at Kings Park I remember you always going there in the past with your family

lv2scrap02 Offline
#786 Posted : Sunday, December 01, 2013 12:15:05 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

DH just asked me I thought you were going to start decorating!! I feel like playing BigGrin
NJsharon Offline
#787 Posted : Sunday, December 01, 2013 1:09:00 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 236 post(s)
Wow, sunday afternoon & only 2 members on this chat board & about 50 guests. Doesn't seem like many people on here! Maybe everyone is busy or having computer problems too?!!

My Mum arrives tomorrow. Then I will start to get decorating the house. I did put the Christmas tablecloth on, advent calendar out (as it is boxes I fill up) & our Elf on the Shelf made an appearance this morning too.

But need to get out the tinsel & other holiday decorations etc.

Hoping to have Tuesday off to be with my Mum, but not sure I can get it off that short notice, so may have to take wed or thurs off instead.

NJsharon Offline
#788 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2013 1:12:11 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

3.10am & I am wide awake! My Mum comes today!!! LOL

Been up since about 1.30am, just couldn't sleep! LOL

I will try to go back to bed in a little bit, otherwise this is going to be a very long day!
JeanneLee Offline
#789 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2013 9:38:14 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
How exciting for you, Sharon! Have a blessed time with your mom.

Not sure if I told you all, but my mom made Resident of the Month in November in the Assisted Living home she is in. I was tickled. When she first was admitted to the medical side after her stroke, she made ROTM then! Sent her a few Word Search books-her fave thing to do when she isn't participating in the other activites and sent her a few snack size Hershey bars for Thanksgiving. Looking forward to seeing her at Christmas.

Nancy, happy to see you back here!! BigGrin

Our youngest starts driver's Ed tonight! Our last kiddoe! Woot
Shelly Offline
#790 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2013 9:47:37 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Sharon - Hope you were able to go back to sleep! Did your mom get her ok? Enjoy your time together.

Joy - Hopefully your daughter gets feeling better quick. Bad time of year for sickness. You guys always find fun cruise deals! So is this two cruises for you in January? Hopefully next year we will be able to go whenever we want without having to work out working schedules and other things if DH retires. Have fun!!

Nancy - Hope you've got your computer problems solved. We got our tree decorated finally. All the family came yesterday for turkey dinner with all the "fixins". After we were done, the kids all decorated the tree, while I finished cleaning up the kitchen. Ben "helped" too. Wanted to throw the balls more than put them on the tree. Hope you were able to get some crafting done. Post pics of Abigails blocks if you can.

JeanneLee - Congratulations to your mom! How nice for her. How fun it will be to have a new driver in the family! Kinda nice to have others you can send on errands for you. Mine would do anything after they got their license so they could drive.

Debbie - Your park sounds wonderful. Someday would love to visit your part of the world. It's on our bucketlist.
 1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 12/2/2013(UTC)
joyfullycrafting Offline
#791 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2013 12:46:34 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I am still having computer issues. If you see something that looks like you could click on it in my posts, don't click unless I have posted a link to something.

JeanneLee, YAY! Another driver. There go the insurance rates. LOL Luckly for us, ours were girls so they were cheaper, and our carrier at the time gave discounts for good grades, which our girls had.

Shelly, I think when it comes to Christmas decorations, Ben and Lincoln would be two of a kind!!! Not to compare your GS to a puppy, but I am not putting my fragile decorations on the tree this year. Just in case Lincoln (or Camry or both of them, or Jeffie when he gets here) knock the tree over.

Sharon, is your Mum here yet???? That is so exciting for you. BigGrin

Hi Nancy and Debbie and Lydia and Sonya. I don't see much from Sonya anymore, even on facebook. I think she stays so busy with her son's activities!

Got a few lights outside, and the tree up. I may or may not get the decorations out today. The tree has lights, so for now I am happy.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 12/7/2013(UTC)
NJsharon Offline
#792 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2013 3:08:56 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Mum is not here yet... she arrives at 7.10pm at Newark. So will leave in about an hour to head to pick her up. Yay!

I think both the girls are coming with me too.

I got the next 2 days off from school. Took 2 personal days. So I can help get my Mum settled in & enjoy a couple of relaxing days with her!

I have my mum so booked up in the next couple of weeks. Going to be busy at the weekends!
BingoLady Offline
#793 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2013 5:46:53 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 914 time(s) in 614 post(s)
Hello to all of you , I hope all of you are doing fine. Today was one of the
most wonderful days we have had. We went shopping. And I made some of my Tamales.
I just made 4 dozen. But I will make more for Xmas. They take alot of time. Now
I have to go clean up the mess.Crying Crying I wish all of you A good night.Love
NJsharon Offline
#794 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 1:08:53 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Mmmmm, tamales sound wonderful! I wouldn't know where to start to make them!
Wish we could all do a food exchange, wouldn't that be fun!
I know how to make gilobki (Polish stuffed cabbage) or Scotch Eggs (from Scotland/England). LOL
But not tamales!

Taking my Mum to bingo with me on Thursday. Hope she has fun there & wins! Then if she does like it, I may take her on my Monday nights too (that is my regular bingo night).

3.10am & I have been up for about 1hr 30mins. Just excited I think as my Mum is here. lol
DebbieScraps Offline
#795 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 5:31:35 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

And the car saga continues ...... I went to go to work this morning and my car would not start Cursing Cursing thanks to a wonderful neighbour who dropped me off at work (thank goodness i work close by) and DS who was able to give me a lift home again. Hopefully it was only the battery and all is well now.

Shelly hopefully you will be able to visit this part of the world one day, it is certainly worth a visit (not that I am biased or anything BigGrin ) and you must definitely make sure that Perth is one of your stopovers!

Shelly Offline
#796 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 6:32:59 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Debbie - When it rains, it pours. Sorry about all your family's car trouble. Sure hope you get things sorted out and soon.

Bingolady - Mmmm! Your tamales sound yummy. Wish you could send me some.

Sharon - You need to sleep! Glad your Mum made it here safe. Hope you have a good time with her. Also, hope she does well at bingo.

I couldn't sign in tonight. I had to reset my password. I don't know why it wouldn't take it. I just reset it with the same one and it let me right in.

Well we finally got winter here. Woke up to that awful four letter word...SNOW! We have about 8-9 inches now. Took DH over an hour to get home from work. Usually takes about 25 mins tops. My oldest DD said it also took her an hour to get to her house from work and it usually takes about 15 mins. The roads are bad. Supposed to have a break on Wednesday, then again some light snow on Thursday. Friday, just light snow and then another big storm on Saturday. It's really gotten cold too. Nothing like Sandra gets, but it has been quite nice until today.

I got 6 Christmas cards done today! Four of one design and 2 of another. Finally had a day with no family here so I could get something done. Hopefully with the snow, they won't come around tomorrow so I can get some more done.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#797 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 8:17:51 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I think it is getting colder by the minute. High of 57 yesterday and high of 22 by Thursday.

My sister and I took my mom shopping today. She ALWAYS has candy around and she eats it and her clothes are not fitting. Laugh We exhausted her but got her some nice new things - tops, nice pants, jeans, and skirts. She wanted pull on with pockets.

We bought three digital pictures on the ship and had them printed on canvas. They came today. They are really nice! We hung one of them by our original engagement picture. Fun to compare them.
SandraB. Offline
#798 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 8:54:24 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 204 post(s)
hey remember me, I can't believe I haven't been on since last week! We are back in the deep freeze here... -15C but feels like -25 with the windchill. Just got back from bowling a bit ago, we didn't have many bowlers due to the cold weather. Almost 1/2 of our class was missing at school today too...not sure why?

Sharon: glad your mom got there safely, enjoy your visit. Hope you got your cpap machine figured out,

Nancy: glad you are finally able to get back on

Joy: wow another cruise, good for you. Hope you get your computer issues sorted out

Debbie: hope you got your car fixed ok. Your park sounds like it would be a great place to visit

Shelly: glad you were able to get some cards done today. I bought another E for a back-up...I'm still not sold on the E2

JeanneLee: congrats to your mom, good luck with your son's driver training

BingoLady: sounds like you've been busy shopping and baking

We put the tree up on Sun. and I went through all our stuff and packed up what we weren't using anymore to give to the Goodwill. Spent last evening with my friends making snowman with mint patties. Better run for now, take care everyone

1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 12/7/2013(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#799 Posted : Wednesday, December 04, 2013 2:56:39 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

OMG!!! it has taken me close to 2 hours to get on line now it is time to start dinner

I don't know if it is the virus protection giving me problems!!

I just received my new Expression I can't even tell you all the stuff that came with this machine Plus a 50.00 Gift Card to Cricut Classroom tons of vinyl, stenciling, duct Tape, 6 hugh rolls plus a tool kit for the vinyl deep cut blades, markers this was so well worth it. I figured it out with all the goodies I received it probably only cost me 50.00 Much quieter then my other Expression.

Good new my son in laws mom just learned she is cancer freeBigGrin good news for a change

Have to go will carch up later
lv2scrap02 Offline
#800 Posted : Wednesday, December 04, 2013 4:28:12 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

So strange never signed out I was gone 1 hour and when I went to post it said I had to sign in again!

Debbie so sorry for your car troubles... DD went to get an oil change on her car then they give her an estimate with 1000.00 worth of work that has to be done. Her car is 2005 Honda Civic with 115,000 miles on it she got it new but all the driving back and forth and to work doesn't help.

Well my Christmas cards are done I thought I would be able to make some cricut cards this year but it didn't happen.

I bought 3 dresses for Abigail for Chrismtas and asked DD to pick one out that she likes she couldn't make a decision so I had to it was hard they were all so pretty. So of course I had to get red and black.

My DD took Abigail for Portaits they did a great job I think Abby is use to the camera from all the photos I have taken of her.

Well need to go and get some things done

Have a good day/night everyone

Shelly Offline
#801 Posted : Wednesday, December 04, 2013 6:40:21 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Nancy - Glad to see you were able to get on the MB again. Maybe it left you signed in because it has given you so many problems lately. Lol!

Sandra - I don't think I would want an E2 either. I have heard too many bad things about it. Hope there will still be the Es around when mine dies, or else I can find some extra money to buy one for a back up. I would have to hide it from DH.

Lots of snow here and COLD! Although Sandra, you would probably think it is was a heat wave. Cold to me though. Our high tomorrow will be a whole 17. Will stay cold for about a week. I live on a street that is kinda steep and last night the snowplow came by and it couldn't make it up the hill, had to back down and go around the block and come down. We have to do that quite often in the winter. Sometimes, we still have trouble making our driveway if it is slick. If we ever move, I will not miss the hill!
SandraB. Offline
#802 Posted : Wednesday, December 04, 2013 7:08:42 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

trying to type with almost frozen fingers tonite. Right now it's -25 but feels like -32 with the windchill. Is supposed to drop to about -29 later tonite. We are rebounding to -14 by the w/end.BigGrin

Nancy: glad you got all your goodies, have fun with them. Hope Abby's pictures turn out for you.

Shelly: DH bought me a refurbished E last year for Christmas and I've been using it ever since, I was sort of worrried about the warranty thing...wanted to make sure nothing happened before the warranty ran out.

Hope everyone else is doing well and staying warm.BigGrin
DebbieScraps Offline
#803 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 12:14:36 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Gosh Sandra, I cannot imagine being that cold, I am sure that I would just hibernate!!! I hung washing out to dry today and it was bone dry in half an hour LOL I don't like the very hot weather that we have at times either though and when we have high humidity it is draining.

Not much happening in this part of the world :)
joyfullycrafting Offline
#804 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 11:05:14 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I did a conversion. Sandra's -14C by the weekend is about 7F. That is about what our low was last night. It is supposed to be about 22F today. That is about -6C. I found a really good conversions table! Debbie, I would take some of your heat right now!!!

Shelly, I am so glad that we do not have snow yet! Jill said this morning that she hopes it snows while she is here. I think that she is the only one that hopes for snow. Except maybe my brother who will be here for a few days from Phoenix.

Debbie, any luck with car repairs?

Nancy, I hope we get to see a picture!!!!!

Sharon, I hope things are going well for you! Do you have both mothers with you?

Hi Angie and Lydia and Sonya, and I hope I didn't miss anyone else.

Finally got a minibook done for my brother for Christmas of his wedding. They had a civil ceremony last December, and I think the pictures were from an ipad. Not many of them, and nothing all that great. But everyone needs a few wedding pictures! I used Artbooking for most of it, with a few cuts from Sweethearts, Tie the Knot, and one from Storybook.

Then, straightened up my craft room. It was kind of piled again. It is not great, but much better now.

Off to do some online Santa shopping.

SandraB. Offline
#805 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 6:58:12 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

still cold and shivering here...it's -28 but with the windchill feels like -38. It's supposed to be like that for most of tomorrow and then finally warmer on Sat. I would sure love some of Debbie's heat tooLOL LOL! As I left the school today my "low tire" sensor came on, so into the tire shop I went. They checked the pressures and filled them all, that's all they'd been doing all day because of the cold.

Joy: glad you got your brother's wedding book done. I'm sure they will love it. My craft room could do with a cleaning...but it will have to wait. Hope you had fun shopping online

Debbie: I don't think we'll be drying anything outside for awhileLOL! No chance of hibernation here..work calls. Even if the school busses aren't running, we still have to go in. They have never closed the schools completely due to the cold for years now.

Angie: you must be busy getting ready for your craft sale

Sharon: hope your mom's visit is going well and your mil is doing good

Nancy: hope your dd is feeling better and Abby doesn't get sick

Tomorrow nite dh & I are babysitting our great-neice. We've never babysat her before, so should be interesting. We are going to their place so at least she's got her toys and her bed. Wish me luck.BigGrin! Then Sat. morning Troy's vocational centre is having a pancake breakfast, then mom's in the afternoon and a hockey game in the evening.

Off to finish a scrapbook page or two and then watch The Sound of Music with Carrie Underwood later tonite.

Take care everyone, happy craftingBigGrin
Shelly Offline
#806 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 9:23:25 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

It is so cold! It is warming up some tomorrow. Up to 24. They said on the news that the cold we have is the coldest its been in years. Then snow all weekend. It snowed a few inches in St. George with this storm. It rarely snows that far south. They have palm trees down there, and they showed pictures on the news of them covered in snow. It will snow again down there on Saturday. Very unusual.

Tonight I was over a Christmas social at our Church. I'm glad it is over. It went well. Tomorrow is my day to babysit. The only thing I don't like about it is how early he comes. On Saturday, I am going to an embroidery machine class. I'm looking forward to it.

Sandra - Sounds like you are going to have a busy few days. Have fun babysitting your niece. I bet you will have fun.

Joy - Seems like every time I clean up my craft room, the next day I do something and it is in a mess again. Hope you had fun online shopping.

Debbie - Wish you could send some of your heat this way.
DebbieScraps Offline
#807 Posted : Friday, December 06, 2013 5:32:03 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

I really, really wish I could send you all a few degrees of heat, I have the air con going and a fan!! It has been the hottest spring in 116 years and summer has now only just started Cool

Sandra I hang my washing outside even in mid winter and it is dry in a couple of hours unless it is raining and the humidity stops things from drying as fast - just tells you how mild our winters are here LOL.

Joy, no car repairs, the car has been written off. DD and SIL have found another car, they are just busy sorting out finance etc and should have it by the end of next week.

Sound of Music is a Christmas movie for our family, it use to be shown on TV every Christmas Day for many, many years. Last Christmas Day we pulled out the DVD and played it on Christmas Day, it brought back many memories BigGrin even DS shocked me by saying that he enjoyed seeing it again LOl.

Very sad news to hear that Nelson Mandela had passed away, we still have a lot of friends in South Africa, is is a real concern for them that things there will take a nose dive now.
BingoLady Offline
#808 Posted : Friday, December 06, 2013 12:25:18 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 914 time(s) in 614 post(s)
Want to say hello to all of you , I have been taking turns shopping with
my daughters. And today I,m going again. I have to hurry, cause tonight is my
poker night. Yesterday was one of the coldest day for us here in Tucson.
I see where some of the states are getting bad weather. Well ladies I have to go
but I will be back. I hope my DD dosen,t take forever, doing her shopping.
SandraB. Offline
#809 Posted : Friday, December 06, 2013 7:30:46 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

got a call from my nephew telling me that our little great neice was quite sick yesterday and is still feeling rough so he decided to stay with her instead of us (poor thing). So my babysitting was cancelled, I actually think dh was a little disappointed when I told him. Still COLD here...windchill warnings are out for today and tonite. Tonite is supposed to be the coldest yet...down to -30 but with the wind -40Angry Cursing! Sort of getting tired of this now,
Got my Christmas candles up and a few other decorations. Taking a few boxes of stuff to the Goodwill this w/end.

Bingolady: hope your shopping went well. Good luck at poker

Debbie: I remember when my mom used to hang sheets out in the winter and we would have to bring them in frozen...she thought it made them smell better or something. As young girls we were less than impressedLOL. Hope your dd & sil get their car sorted out soon

Shelly: the weather seems to be cold everywhere lately. A gal I work with told me her dh works way up north (Alaska I think) and it's like -50C!! His flight coming home today was delayed until 10:00 tonite due to the weather.

Off to ds's pancake breakfast tomorrow, not sure whether I'll venture into the city or not to mom's after or not. Might just get her few groceries out here, depending what she needs. Hockey tomorrow nite though. Got one scarf order almost done...3 more to go, plus mine.

Bye for now, take care everyone

joyfullycrafting Offline
#810 Posted : Friday, December 06, 2013 9:30:53 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I started to post several hours ago, but got totally side-tracked.

It is snowing. Crying I am not thrilled. It is cold and blowing and nasty. It is supposed to be -2 tomorrow night. That is -18 for Sandra. Sandra's -30 is -22. Whew! That is COLD.Scared

We got a new camera today. It is a Nikon D3200, with two lenses and a wifi adapter. I know that DH will hog it. I really like my little Kodak, but the battery won't last too much longer. BUT, DH needed a hobby. Hopefully this will help. One of my biggest problems is that he will delete pictures that I want because he does not like them. Sometimes, they will be the only ones and even if they are not perfect I want to keep them. He will do settings too take pictures, I will do auto mode and just point and shoot.

I watched The Sound of Music last night - new one with Carrie Underwood. It was nice. It has been a long time since I have actually watched the original.