Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Maine Scrapbooking Studio Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 12:51:01 PM(UTC)
Maine Scrapbooking Studio

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello, I am new to the craft room and am just beginning to explore its features. I would like to make a title and then create a shadow around it. Is this possible and if so how would I do that?
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1:10:13 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7580 time(s) in 4440 post(s)
Do you have a specific font you want to use? If so, why don't you share it and tell us what cartridge you're using. I do things a little unorthodox, so I can show you what I would do. I do best if I know exactly what you're wanting to work with.

Others have more unorthodox ways to go about things....and, I'm sure they'll be along to help, too.

I see you're here in the forum, so I'll come back in a little while to see if you've come back to share anything!!

Char

Edited by user Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1:11:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:29:55 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18405 time(s) in 8179 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Maine Scrapbooking Studio Go to Quoted Post
Hello, I am new to the craft room and am just beginning to explore its features. I would like to make a title and then create a shadow around it. Is this possible and if so how would I do that?

There isn't an automatic shadow feature in CCR. The easiest way to have a shadow for your title is to use a font that has a shadow feature on it. I find it easier to weld the shadow together and then weld the letters. If you put the shadow of the letters on one mat either using the text box feature or individually and get them where you want, you can then put the letters on another mat and move them over the shadow to make it look the way you want.
Olivia'sNana Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 4:06:05 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 768 time(s) in 346 post(s)
Unfortunantly not all fonts or other images have a shadow feature which is the best way to get a uniform shadow.

There are other things that you can explore and play around with when a shadow feature is not availabe. First though Narelle has a great tutorial here http://cricutcraftroombl...g-text-boxes-in-ccr.html that shows what scrapalette is talking about with welding.

Other options are using the markers to first "cut" with the markers which basically draws the image first and then you can change the marker back to the blade and cut out the image. You are left with an outline around the image that gives a shadow affect. Another thing I do sometimes is cut two sets of my letters/images in different colors and then layer them with a slight offset. This gives you a one side shadow affect kind of like the sun shining to the side of something rather than straight down. Sometimes but not often, you can simply make a copy of the base layer slightly larger. The problem with this is that most of the time this does not work because it does not resize proportionatly
scrapalette Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:49:54 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18405 time(s) in 8179 post(s)
If you want to use a font that doesn't have a shadow feature, you can use basic shapes to create your shadow. Weld your word and use another mat to add the shapes to fill in the spaces you want {making sure all the shapes are welded}. I did that with this project using larger sizes of the letters and circles and ovals:

1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/11/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:12:39 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7580 time(s) in 4440 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
If you want to use a font that doesn't have a shadow feature, you can use basic shapes to create your shadow. Weld your word and use another mat to add the shapes to fill in the spaces you want {making sure all the shapes are welded}. I did that with this project using larger sizes of the letters and circles and ovals:

I love what you did with the shadowing on this, Scrapalette. Nice project! - Char