Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Laneyh415249866adc Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2013 5:09:01 PM(UTC)
Laneyh415249866adc

Groups: Registered

I'm putting family member's names on some tumbler cups. But a couple have longer names (7 letters) and they keep ending up crooked. How do you apply longer words and keep them straight? I am using transfer paper to put it all on at once.
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2013 10:03:33 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7603 time(s) in 4452 post(s)
Are you making the name all one word (attached), or separate letters?

Perhaps (if they are all attached) you can cut them every three letters or so (or two letters and maybe every letter separate), if you're not already doing that.

If I was using every letter separate, I would place a piece of tape around the tumblers for a line to place your letters and remove the tape when finished.

Is this helpful?

Char
CraftySanSan Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 5:53:49 AM(UTC)
CraftySanSan

Was thanked: 348 time(s) in 215 post(s)
I've made a lot of signs using my cricut. I've used a wax pencil to draw a lone where I wanted to words then when your done clean off your line. I use windex and it doesn't harm the vinyl. Good luck. Post pictures when your done. I'd like to see them. BigGrin
deleted Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 6:20:41 AM(UTC)
deleted

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Your having trouble due to the shape of the object you are applying the vinyl too. The tumblers are cone shaped, so when you apply a straight piece of vinyl - it follows the shape of the cone and looks crooked.

I think only Make The Cut (MTC) software has the "conical warp" feature - so that when your finished design is cut, the has the curve in it already to fit the cup. MTC is no longer available for any Cricut machines.

Here is a link to a video on how to curve text - it is NOT the Cricut software - it is the "other brand". I AM NOT trying to push the other machine - I just wanted to show a method to curve text that hopefully will be able to be replicated in the Cricut Craft Room software. I do not use CCR, but I know there are a lot of similarities between cutting programs - so hopefully there is a way to replicate this technique with CCR.

Oopss.. forgot link.. here you go.

A technique for warping (curving) text

Edited by user Sunday, March 31, 2013 6:22:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: forgot the link

1 user thanked deleted for this useful post.
Cali's Scrappin' Oma on 4/8/2013(UTC)
Laneyh415249866adc Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, April 01, 2013 5:06:30 PM(UTC)
Laneyh415249866adc

Will try the tape or wax pencil line to keep the text straight. I am looking into the other machine...looks like much more options and flexibility! Thanks, y'all!