Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

AmyThomas3 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 12:10:14 PM(UTC)
AmyThomas3

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I can't seem to get the CCR to recognize when I use my mouse to click the load mat. This is of coarse after waiting at least five minutes for it to even recognize that my cricut personal is there. Then if I happen to get lucky enough to load my mat and hit cut, it spits it right back out. I believe the issues started last week and here is why. The machine claimed I needed an update, though I was where I was suppose to be. Did the update, it took a call to customer service and five trys to make it take! Personal and CCR were working together nicely until today! Just seems like by now, all these bugs would be worked out...suggestions on what to do would be greatly appreciated.
melodylanedesigns Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 12:38:31 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1777 time(s) in 882 post(s)
Can you load the mat manually on your machine, I do that on my E2. Maybe restart your computer and cricut.
AmyThomas3 Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 12:46:22 PM(UTC)
AmyThomas3

When the personal is connected to the computer via a cable, the buttons on the machine do not work. They use to, but one or two updates ago, that ability was removed (not happy about that) So manually loading is not an option. I have shut down ccr and cricut multiple times, I have not shut off the computer at this time, that is only a temporary fix. It might take care of the problem but in a day or two it will be back to having trouble.

This is a recurring problem for me, every couple of months it will have issues. Keep in mind I don't scrapbook all that much anymore, there is just not enough time in a day! I was on a role today and hoped to get a bunch of stuff done, but now I am dealing with this.
GypsyBoricua Online
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 1:17:37 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 691 time(s) in 359 post(s)
I don't know if you are using a Mac or a PC. If you are using a PC, you might want to try using Design Studio to update again. Bear in mind, CCR and DS don't play well together, so close CCR and use the trial version of DS to update. Then close DS and reopen CCR. If CCR asks you to update, don't use CCR to update.

Hope this works for you.
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:08:36 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7560 time(s) in 4429 post(s)
While my buttons on my EXPRESSION no longer work manually, my mat will still load.

There are times it won't load when I think it should.....either you have to load the mat before you hit CUT on the computer and/or you have to wait until you hit CUT and then wait a few seconds before the mat will engage by hitting the LOAD PAPER button. So, sometimes there is a pause there where you can't load the mat into the CRICUT.

Again, this is on my EXPRESSION and my MINI works the same way.

Have you tried loading the mat in this way? Again, sometimes there is a pause in there where the mat won't load for me. So, I have kind of learned how to time when I can and when I can't load the mat.

Char
scrapalette Online
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 4:00:52 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18397 time(s) in 8173 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AmyThomas3 Go to Quoted Post
I can't seem to get the CCR to recognize when I use my mouse to click the load mat. This is of coarse after waiting at least five minutes for it to even recognize that my cricut personal is there. Then if I happen to get lucky enough to load my mat and hit cut, it spits it right back out. I believe the issues started last week and here is why. The machine claimed I needed an update, though I was where I was suppose to be. Did the update, it took a call to customer service and five trys to make it take! Personal and CCR were working together nicely until today! Just seems like by now, all these bugs would be worked out...suggestions on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

What is the firmware on your Cricut?

Are you using a real USB cable or printer cable? I use my printer cable with my E, but I've read posts where that doesn't work as well with the baby bug.
AmyThomas3 Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 11:14:54 AM(UTC)
AmyThomas3

Thanks guys. I am going to try to answer all your questions:

I am on a pc, with firmware update 1.45. I did this last week, when the ccr told me I needed to, but those are the same numbers as before this update. I had updated to 1.45 I believe back in October/November...

I updated the machine thru the Design Studio while I was on the phone with customer service. The problems have reappeared since then.

Honestly, I am not sure about the cord, I pulled it out of the cabinet, I will have to ask my husband what kind it is and if we have any others to try. I was originally using my scanner cord, but that wasn't long enough nor was it working properly either.

I did reboot the computer and I am hoping to get some cuts down this afternoon! Wish me luck!

Also, I'm wondering about my security on the computer, we have Norton. Is there something I can check to see if maybe that is interfering with my cuts?

Thanks everyone!
AmyThomas3 Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 12:23:37 PM(UTC)
AmyThomas3

Still not working, if anything it's worse than it was yesterday. Wish I knew if it was the computer, the ccr, the cricut personal, or something else! Cursing
Sherri Kay Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 12:45:25 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2306 time(s) in 2064 post(s)
Like Melody said above, I manually hit the "Load" button and mine works great! Did you try that?
AmyThomas3 Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 12:56:20 PM(UTC)
AmyThomas3

Yes I ended up sticking a cartridge in the machine and was able to manually load. But the CCR did NOT recognize that it had loaded. So I turned everything off, turned it all back on again and now I can't even get the ccr to recognize that the cricut is connected! Mad

So any computer wizards out there know if this program works through bonjour? Apparently I have an issue with it, though I am not sure what it is. I've researched a little and it seems to get installed with the Adobe stuff. I always have to update that if I do a firmware update. So maybe something isn't configured correctly...? I'm not a computer person, but I found the info through the little flag at the bottom of the computer screen....

CricketCMV Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:15:08 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7560 time(s) in 4429 post(s)
Yes I ended up sticking a cartridge in the machine and was able to manually load. But the CCR did NOT recognize that it had loaded. So I turned everything off, turned it all back on again and now I can't even get the ccr to recognize that the cricut is connected! Mad

So any computer wizards out there know if this program works through bonjour? Apparently I have an issue with it, though I am not sure what it is. I've researched a little and it seems to get installed with the Adobe stuff. I always have to update that if I do a firmware update. So maybe something isn't configured correctly...? I'm not a computer person, but I found the info through the little flag at the bottom of the computer screen....

I don't know what kind of computer you're on....can you UNINSTALL Adobe Air? I'm on a PC, so I go through Control Panel and Add/Remove Programs. I would remove Adobe Air.

Go to TOOLS while you're in your browser (on internet) and DELETE BROWSING HISTORY.

AFTER you uninstall, unplug the USB from your CRICUT to the computer, REBOOT your computer and REINSTALL Adobe Air. I have done this once and I went to the ADOBE AIR website and downloaded the latest version.

You can plug in your USB cord to the hard drive on your computer and turn on your cricut machine anytime after the shutdown of your computer. Actually, I think I would do this before you reinstall Adobe Air. You could even have your CRICUT machine turned on while you're installing Adobe Air.

Try now.

Hope you get your problem fixed soon.

Char
AmyThomas3 Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 5:49:11 AM(UTC)
AmyThomas3

Thanks! I will try to uninstall and download the newest adobe air...
GypsyBoricua Online
#13 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 6:33:51 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Amy,

I responded with another possible alternate try under your other post in Personal V1
 1 user thanked GypsyBoricua for this useful post.
AmyThomas3 on 3/23/2013(UTC)
AmyThomas3 Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 5:26:55 PM(UTC)
AmyThomas3

Ok, I don't want to say my problem has been fixed, BUT I was just able to cut two separate items with about ten minutes inbetween! That's the first time I have been able to do that in a LONG time!!BigGrin So I just wanted to send a big thanks out to everyone for there suggestions! I think the adobe air was the issue and we need to use the zapper!
 1 user thanked AmyThomas3 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 3/27/2013(UTC)
GypsyBoricua Online
#15 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 3:15:19 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Ok, I don't want to say my problem has been fixed, BUT I was just able to cut two separate items with about ten minutes inbetween! That's the first time I have been able to do that in a LONG time!!BigGrin So I just wanted to send a big thanks out to everyone for there suggestions! I think the adobe air was the issue and we need to use the zapper!

Amy,

I'm so glad this worked for you. I rarely use CCR, too many issues with it and PC doesn't give enough support to help crafters out. We have to find stuff on our own. I don't know why the are so laxed in the support area. They want us to use CCR, but are unable or unwilling to help.