Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

vwhaley4ffead746 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 6:00:43 AM(UTC)
vwhaley4ffead746

Groups: Registered

What do I click on to find the mat to do a project? Crazy, I know, I was workng on it the other night-I came back here last night and this morning and I can NOT figure out how on earth I got to that mat! Please help a silly, but excited to get started, woman!
Olivia'sNana Online
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 02, 2013 6:51:28 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 788 time(s) in 356 post(s)
when you downloaded ccr, you should see a shortcut icon on your desktop. Just click on that , enter your loginid and pw and it should open up ccr straight to a blank mat. If you saved your project you can click on the little black folder on the top tool bar and it will open your saved project files. If you don't see the icon on your desktop, select start, all programs and find the program file. If you are not finding either, you may not have actually downloaded the program and will need to do that first by clicking on craftroom at the top of the mb and follow the instructions. Hope this helps
kw63572b89b128 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 2:07:13 PM(UTC)
kw63572b89b128

Hi,
I am new to this and excited to get started..I got my pics up and cut, but could not figure out how to unload the matt when it was done cutting. I had to shut it down and log back in so that I can ask this question...
I also would like to know what CCR is and if I downloaded it or not.. Unfortunately I have no idea how to get around on the computer to figure out what I am doing.. Everytime I log in it keeps asking me to download, I finally figured out that I have downloaded it 3 times already...
PLEASE HELP THIS POOR LADY WITH ANY IDEAS ON WHAT I NEED TO DO!!!! SO LOST AND WANT TO GET STARTED ON SOME PROJECTS, THANK YOU IN ADVANCED...Crying
Olivia'sNana Online
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 2:21:09 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Which machine are you using? Not clear also if you meant you cut your image in ccr or directly on your machine. I ask in order to tell you how to unload the mat. If you have downloaded ccr and have not used it yet, it opens a whole new world for you and your cricut. If you have downloaded the FREE CCR (Cricut Craftroom) software it is a design program that allows you to do so much more with your images than you are not able to do with just using the machine alone. Look and see if you have a CCR icon on your desktop, if so you did download the program and by clicking on it you should see a virtual mat that is just like the one you stick through your machine.

Some examples that you can do is place images anywhere on your mat and cut multiple images using multiple paper colors on your mat all at one time, resize to any size you want without being stuck with the 1/4" increments the machine restricts you to, you can "Weld" letters/images together that will cut them out as one image instead of individual images. You can use multiple cartridges at one time and cut out all at one time. You can see and design with EVERY cartridge that is made but of course you can only cut if you own the cartridge. You can build your own library to show just the cartridges that you own and you can link them to ccr so that you don't even need the cartridge to cut. By linking them, ccr knows you own the cartridge so you can cut without having to insert it into the machine. This just touches the surface but at least hope it gives you some idea. Download it and start playing. The more you use it and ask questions on this board, the more you will discover it's possibilities.

Edited by user Sunday, March 03, 2013 2:22:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

kw63572b89b128 Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 2:26:55 PM(UTC)
kw63572b89b128

I am using the cricut expressions machine. I just cant figure out how to get on the craft room page and open it... I will check my desktop to see if the icon is there. I am using a Mac program.. This is all so new to me, I feel so overwhelmed....
Olivia'sNana Online
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 2:29:26 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

oh boy, I know there is a download option for MAC but honestly I have never used a mac and have no clue what the differences are in using it vs pc. If you don't find the icon, click on the craftroom tab at the top of the mb and I do remember seeing in the download options where you choose either mac or pc. Be sure you choose mac. Maybe somebody on here who knows about the mac will chime in here. I know there are a lot of mac users.

On the expression, you should see an unload button right next to your load button. They are the bottom 2 buttons on the far right hand side of your machine. In ccr you can load/unload your mat using these buttons or there is a load/unload button in ccr/

Edited by user Sunday, March 03, 2013 2:33:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
kw63572b89b128 on 3/3/2013(UTC)
kw63572b89b128 Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 2:33:42 PM(UTC)
kw63572b89b128

I do have it downloaded, but when I click on the craft room, I cant do anything.... It has an option to download and just some info on what you get when you download the CCR. Thank you for trying to help me, But if there is anyone else who may know how to help me through this I will be grateful for the help.... I don't know what else to. I did try to uninstall and reinstall and it didn't help..
PLEASE HELP< I AM DESPERATE!!!!Crying
Olivia'sNana Online
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 03, 2013 2:39:03 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

I am so sorry but I am a total illiterate when it comes to the technical stuff with computers and their configurations, and all that technical stuff. I can figure out how to use a software program but i have know idea how to get it working if the computer and the software don't like each other. Thankfully, I have a son that is a wizard at all that stuff so he is "on call" with me all the time.