Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages<12345>»
KelleyRooks Offline
#61 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 3:33:50 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/15/2009(UTC)
Posts: 3,248
Location: MQ p.10 #282

Thanks: 534 times
Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
partners are assigned - we have room for one more....BigGrin

did a separate rules post listed under Rak and Swaps. They will apply to all of my swaps. If you haven't checked out the rules for my swaps, please do. There is a link to the thread in the opening post.

Thanks, K

Edited by user Thursday, January 31, 2013 7:15:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

 1 user thanked KelleyRooks for this useful post.
JeanP on 1/31/2013(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#62 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 7:38:25 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/30/2006(UTC)
Posts: 4,245
United States
Location: PA, and find my MQ on page 3, post 74,

Thanks: 43 times
Was thanked: 652 time(s) in 533 post(s)
Waving HI to my partner, KSQueensbee! Look forward to altering a mousetrap for you! Hope it won't make you squeak with pain too much when you receive it! lol

cricutjunky Offline
#63 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:51:23 PM(UTC)
cricutjunky

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/1/2011(UTC)
Posts: 983
Location: Brazoria, Tx MQ Pg.9 #262

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Gwen you are too funny!

Sorry Kel, I used the word Pink Crying
KelleyRooks Offline
#64 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:10:19 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/15/2009(UTC)
Posts: 3,248
Location: MQ p.10 #282

Thanks: 534 times
Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
COB & Lana your prizes went out today...sorry for the delay.
 1 user thanked KelleyRooks for this useful post.
CraftyOldBat on 2/1/2013(UTC)
JeanP Offline
#65 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 8:17:37 AM(UTC)
JeanP

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/26/2008(UTC)
Posts: 4,484
United States
Location: Southern RI MQ Pg4 #111

Thanks: 1241 times
Was thanked: 735 time(s) in 618 post(s)
Hello Partner!!!!! COB/Sharon

I just came up with a brillant idea for your mouse trapBigGrin
Now if I can make it the way I envision itBlushing Blushing

I have the perfect paper(s) now I just need to go into my attic for embellishmentsLOLLOL LOL
CoyoteKim Offline
#66 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 10:00:29 AM(UTC)
CoyoteKim

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/11/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,386
Location: MQ page 2 post #47

Thanks: 141 times
Was thanked: 121 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Big waves to my partner Tanya! I sent you a message through fb. I need to pick up some mousetraps today while I'm out and about!

I have a question... So you deactivate the spring in the trap, how does it hold papers or notes? Fortunately I've never had to handle any of these things!
Thanks!
RockinRobin1 Offline
#67 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 10:09:14 AM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,658
United States
Location: Southeast Illinois; MQ-Pg 5, Post 130

Thanks: 388 times
Was thanked: 1190 time(s) in 656 post(s)
Yay Cindy, you and I are partners. Can't wait to get started.
KelleyRooks Offline
#68 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 10:23:06 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/15/2009(UTC)
Posts: 3,248
Location: MQ p.10 #282

Thanks: 534 times
Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
There are several ways to approach making these, the following are the steps that I do when making one.

1. Using pliers disassemble the mouse trap by removing all the hardware leaving just the wooden piece. This is an easy process. Keep in mind that it is better to pull the pieces straight out with minimum wiggling. the more more you wiggle the pieces out the larger the holes get.

2. Use a variety of materials to decorate your base. I find that I do the inital part of my piece - but do not fully embellish until the end.

3. If you are layering paper to cover your base - mark where the holes are for the spring portion of the trap that holds the notes. (THis is the only part that I put back on).

4. Put glue on the edge of the clips that hold your spring in place and put the spring back on. The glue will help secure in the holes. If you widened your holes add more glue. I have a trap that hasn't been unassembled in front of me so I can see exactly how it goes back on.

5. Let is set aside until the glue has a chance to fully dry and have a good bond.

6. Finish embellishing.

I have made a couple in under a half hour. These are really easy and get easier with each one you make.

 1 user thanked KelleyRooks for this useful post.
JeanP on 2/1/2013(UTC)
KelleyRooks Offline
#69 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 10:25:10 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/15/2009(UTC)
Posts: 3,248
Location: MQ p.10 #282

Thanks: 534 times
Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CoyoteKim Go to Quoted Post
Big waves to my partner Tanya! I sent you a message through fb. I need to pick up some mousetraps today while I'm out and about!

I have a question... So you deactivate the spring in the trap, how does it hold papers or notes? Fortunately I've never had to handle any of these things!
Thanks!


Kim you don't really deactiveate the spring - you just dont set it. It naturally lays one direction. To set it you have to pull it from one side to the other - you do not do that for the trap - you remove all the other pieces.

I might do a quick youtube video on one if anyone is interested. I know there are a few out there - I am just not sure if they show the start to finish on how to do them.

K
trvkladd Offline
#70 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 10:29:31 AM(UTC)
trvkladd

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/11/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,447
United States
Location: MQ Pg. 14 #401

Thanks: 465 times
Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Originally Posted by: artpaperfiber Go to Quoted Post
Hello , I would love to join this round. Can the mouse traps be used??? (Just kiddingLaugh )



1. Do you have purpose you would like the item made for? Would probably put on refrigerator as a note holder. ( I can add the magnet if you don't have one )


2. Do you have a theme/style/colors you prefer (Keep in mind this a no cost/low cost swap and not everyone has the same type of stash) - so maybe give a couple of suggestions.
Asian or vintage or Designer's Choice

3. Is there anything you don't like? (example colors, style)I am very eclectic just not too cutesy.


Big waves to artpaperfiber...my new partner~ Hope you are having a great week. Can't wait to get started.

~Rebecca

 1 user thanked trvkladd for this useful post.
KelleyRooks on 2/1/2013(UTC)
scrappydew Offline
#71 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 10:50:47 AM(UTC)
scrappydew

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/25/2008(UTC)
Posts: 703
United States
Location: MQ - Page 8, #217

Thanks: 152 times
Was thanked: 129 time(s) in 118 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CoyoteKim Go to Quoted Post
Big waves to my partner Tanya! I sent you a message through fb. I need to pick up some mousetraps today while I'm out and about!
Thanks!


Great to finally have you as a partner Kim!! Received your fb msg, just need to come up with some answers for you!
JeanP Offline
#72 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 10:55:16 AM(UTC)
JeanP

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/26/2008(UTC)
Posts: 4,484
United States
Location: Southern RI MQ Pg4 #111

Thanks: 1241 times
Was thanked: 735 time(s) in 618 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KelleyRooks Go to Quoted Post
Kim you don't really deactiveate the spring - you just dont set it. It naturally lays one direction. To set it you have to pull it from one side to the other - you do not do that for the trap - you remove all the other pieces.

I might do a quick youtube video on one if anyone is interested. I know there are a few out there - I am just not sure if they show the start to finish on how to do them.

K


A video might be good. I took off a piece of mine so that it can't be set but you it still hold a note. I will pull out the 2 smaller pieces and then put them back after I add my papers,etc.
 1 user thanked JeanP for this useful post.
KelleyRooks on 2/1/2013(UTC)
Jessie G Offline
#73 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 11:23:57 AM(UTC)
Jessie G

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/3/2010(UTC)
Posts: 129
Location: MQ #276 Indiana

Thanks: 54 times
Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Checking in!
 1 user thanked Jessie G for this useful post.
KelleyRooks on 2/1/2013(UTC)
CraftyOldBat Offline
#74 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 12:19:14 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/17/2010(UTC)
Posts: 2,495
United States
Location: Massachusetts MQ Pg 9 Post # 248

Thanks: 377 times
Was thanked: 390 time(s) in 325 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KelleyRooks Go to Quoted Post
There are several ways to approach making these, the following are the steps that I do when making one.

1. Using pliers disassemble the mouse trap by removing all the hardware leaving just the wooden piece. This is an easy process. Keep in mind that it is better to pull the pieces straight out with minimum wiggling. the more more you wiggle the pieces out the larger the holes get.

2. Use a variety of materials to decorate your base. I find that I do the inital part of my piece - but do not fully embellish until the end.

3. If you are layering paper to cover your base - mark where the holes are for the spring portion of the trap that holds the notes. (THis is the only part that I put back on).

4. Put glue on the edge of the clips that hold your spring in place and put the spring back on. The glue will help secure in the holes. If you widened your holes add more glue. I have a trap that hasn't been unassembled in front of me so I can see exactly how it goes back on.

5. Let is set aside until the glue has a chance to fully dry and have a good bond.

6. Finish embellishing.

I have made a couple in under a half hour. These are really easy and get easier with each one you make.



Um yeah, these things are phreakin small...Unsure

Edited by user Friday, February 01, 2013 12:19:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: cuz there's no t in phreakin

demmer993462475657 Offline
#75 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 12:31:53 PM(UTC)
demmer993462475657

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/25/2010(UTC)
Posts: 1,364
United States
Location: Philly 'burbs MQ is #254 Page 9

Thanks: 177 times
Was thanked: 304 time(s) in 277 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sumrbrez Go to Quoted Post
Sign smllbugg n me up

1. Do you have purpose you would like the item made for (Ie... messages, photos, recipes - etc) For a photo

2. Do you have a theme/style/colors you prefer (Keep in mind this a no cost/low cost swap and not everyone has the same type of stash) - so maybe give a couple of suggestions. Teals & greens

3. Is there anything you don't like? (example colors, style) No pink, frilly


Ummm since smllbugg is my partner....are these her answers also.....and tell her no Dallas Cowboys this time....I had to have a exorcist in to clear the air.....LOL

Denise
Jrcreate Offline
#76 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 12:41:33 PM(UTC)
Jrcreate

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/2/2009(UTC)
Posts: 578
United States
Location: MQ is page 14 #408

Thanks: 81 times
Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 116 post(s)
Good morning, I apologize for being so late with my answers..I had thought I did this over a week ago!

Do you have purpose you would like the item made for (Ie... messages, photos, recipes - etc): I don't have a use for it as of now but my kitchen is wine themed....green granite countertops, cherry cabinets, yellow walls. My scrapbook room has turned into pink, white and black! And I have 4 grandbabies- 2 boys and 2 girls.

2. Do you have a theme/style/colors you prefer (Keep in mind this a no cost/low cost swap and not everyone has the same type of stash) - so maybe give a couple of suggestions. I love Tim Holtz, I like items with Paris, fleur de lis, I am a coffee fanatic. I am open to pretty much anything.

3. Is there anything you don't like? (example colors, style)-Neon colors yuck, not to fond of Anna Griffen super overpowering flower designs.

Have a great week everyone!!

Jeanene
 1 user thanked Jrcreate for this useful post.
KelleyRooks on 2/1/2013(UTC)
CindyAdamson Offline
#77 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 4:44:51 PM(UTC)
CindyAdamson

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/10/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,420
Location: MN MQ pg 7 #209

Thanks: 233 times
Was thanked: 137 time(s) in 126 post(s)
Hi Robin! I can't wait to start creating for you! I just have one little swap to finish up before I start this one BigGrin
CricutCrazy Offline
#78 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 7:57:59 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 2/8/2010(UTC)
Posts: 3,455
Location: Central Florida - Ocala **MQ Page 9 #244

Thanks: 2477 times
Was thanked: 758 time(s) in 547 post(s)
Okay Kel - You got me...I have never done a MOUSETRAP and would never have imagined ever altering such a thing, but I will certainly try my best to accomplish such a monstrosity !LOL

So count me for #24....

I would like to put a magnet on it and put it on the fridge for notes to the DH !

I would like to have something "PArisian" ( kind of like the Ratatouille movie !) It would be cool in my Paris cafe' style kitchen - Black/Red/Tan/Brown/White

I TOTALLY DISLIKE BLUE Please dont make me anything in that color ! Flapper

OK- That's that !! Barb
ksqueenb Offline
#79 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 9:30:49 PM(UTC)
ksqueenb

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 1/28/2008(UTC)
Posts: 696
United States
Location: mq pg 14 # 405

Thanks: 71 times
Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 188 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
Waving HI to my partner, KSQueensbee! Look forward to altering a mousetrap for you! Hope it won't make you squeak with pain too much when you receive it! lol



HI Gwynne, I sure hope I don't squeak with pain as well. Excited to get started with this one.Cool
CraftyOldBat Offline
#80 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 10:06:22 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/17/2010(UTC)
Posts: 2,495
United States
Location: Massachusetts MQ Pg 9 Post # 248

Thanks: 377 times
Was thanked: 390 time(s) in 325 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
Hello Partner!!!!! COB/Sharon

I just came up with a brillant idea for your mouse trapBigGrin
Now if I can make it the way I envision itBlushing Blushing

I have the perfect paper(s) now I just need to go into my attic for embellishmentsLOLLOL LOL


Hi Neighbor! I too had a brilliant idea, I hope LOL. Attic for embellishments??? Hmmm bats in your belfry??? LOL LOL LOL
RockinRobin1 Offline
#81 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 10:14:01 PM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 12/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,658
United States
Location: Southeast Illinois; MQ-Pg 5, Post 130

Thanks: 388 times
Was thanked: 1190 time(s) in 656 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CindyAdamson Go to Quoted Post
Hi Robin! I can't wait to start creating for you! I just have one little swap to finish up before I start this one BigGrin


No problem. I do have one request though, if you make it a message holder can you please design it with the clip up, so the note is at the top of the mousetrap, not the bottom, KWIM?

Is that how you want yours as well? I was going to do yours that way so your mail doesn't fall down. Let me know if you want it the other way.
 1 user thanked RockinRobin1 for this useful post.
CindyAdamson on 2/3/2013(UTC)
demmer993462475657 Offline
#82 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 10:14:55 PM(UTC)
demmer993462475657

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/25/2010(UTC)
Posts: 1,364
United States
Location: Philly 'burbs MQ is #254 Page 9

Thanks: 177 times
Was thanked: 304 time(s) in 277 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CraftyOldBat Go to Quoted Post
Hi Neighbor! I too had a brilliant idea, I hope LOL. Attic for embellishments??? Hmmm bats in your belfry??? LOL LOL LOL


I don't know COB, I would be afraid that there would be a real mouse in the attic and she could bling that out for you.::shiver::

Denise
CraftyOldBat Offline
#83 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 10:20:27 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/17/2010(UTC)
Posts: 2,495
United States
Location: Massachusetts MQ Pg 9 Post # 248

Thanks: 377 times
Was thanked: 390 time(s) in 325 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DeniseEmmerich Go to Quoted Post
I don't know COB, I would be afraid that there would be a real mouse in the attic and she could bling that out for you.::shiver::

Denise


EW! EW! EW!

KelleyRooks Offline
#84 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 12:21:04 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/15/2009(UTC)
Posts: 3,248
Location: MQ p.10 #282

Thanks: 534 times
Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutCrazy Go to Quoted Post
Okay Kel - You got me...I have never done a MOUSETRAP and would never have imagined ever altering such a thing, but I will certainly try my best to accomplish such a monstrosity !LOL

So count me for #24....

I would like to put a magnet on it and put it on the fridge for notes to the DH !

I would like to have something "PArisian" ( kind of like the Ratatouille movie !) It would be cool in my Paris cafe' style kitchen - Black/Red/Tan/Brown/White

I TOTALLY DISLIKE BLUE Please dont make me anything in that color ! Flapper

OK- That's that !! Barb


Woot - sounds awesome.
cricutjunky Offline
#85 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 7:26:34 AM(UTC)
cricutjunky

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/1/2011(UTC)
Posts: 983
Location: Brazoria, Tx MQ Pg.9 #262

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 111 post(s)
I had to tell my son "don't worry there aren't any mice in the house, they are for a craft project" he said "oh o.k." Does my son know me or what?? Flapper
JeanP Offline
#86 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 7:35:52 AM(UTC)
JeanP

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/26/2008(UTC)
Posts: 4,484
United States
Location: Southern RI MQ Pg4 #111

Thanks: 1241 times
Was thanked: 735 time(s) in 618 post(s)
I had a package of 4 on my craft table and DH decided to set them all. Good thing I was paying attentionBlushing

Nothing surprises him about my crafting anymoreLOL
JeanP Offline
#87 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 7:37:20 AM(UTC)
JeanP

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/26/2008(UTC)
Posts: 4,484
United States
Location: Southern RI MQ Pg4 #111

Thanks: 1241 times
Was thanked: 735 time(s) in 618 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CraftyOldBat Go to Quoted Post
Hi Neighbor! I too had a brilliant idea, I hope LOL. Attic for embellishments??? Hmmm bats in your belfry??? LOL LOL LOL


LOL LOL LOL no bats, rats or mice, dead or aliveLOL LOLLOL

CraftyOldBat Offline
#88 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 7:52:37 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/17/2010(UTC)
Posts: 2,495
United States
Location: Massachusetts MQ Pg 9 Post # 248

Thanks: 377 times
Was thanked: 390 time(s) in 325 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
I had a package of 4 on my craft table and DH decided to set them all.


OMGoodness what a brat!Cursing



(I bet we'd get along well...)LOL

artpaperfiber Offline
#89 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 12:13:41 PM(UTC)
artpaperfiber

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/16/2012(UTC)
Posts: 72

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)
My mousetrap is staring at me on my computer desk. Have a few ideas, can't wait to see what everyone does with these. . .

Hi Rebecca!!! Can't wait to make you a mousetrap that fulfills all of your dreams, hopes and expectationsLOL

Edited by user Saturday, February 02, 2013 6:05:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

craftymomof2 Offline
#90 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 4:23:32 PM(UTC)
craftymomof2

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/24/2009(UTC)
Posts: 702
Location: MQ p.9, post#269

Thanks: 16 times
Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 84 post(s)
Waves to Evelyn!!! I bought your mousetrap and have some ideas for it. My kids looked at me like I was crazy for decorating a mousetrap. HaHa

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I am hoping to craft tonight and even bought the kiddos pizza for supper so they will let me work. (DH is out of town so we can kick back tonight.)

Hugs, LanaBigGrin
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
14 Pages<12345>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 3.206 seconds.
nebo-cricut-01