Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
AcrossThePond Offline
#61 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 10:12:12 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
This is the last card made and it is for my niece who will be 12 on the 25th of this month.
It is a 6x6 and I have used some papers from my stash. I used Paper Lace for the birthday cut and shadow. Spellbinders for the circle and scalloped square. I used 3 flower buttons my Mum gave me when she could no longer knit due to her Parkinson's getting worse. I added a little butterfly which is a double cut using a MS punch.
Thanks for looking.
Sue

AcrossThePond Offline
#62 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 10:39:43 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Dee - Lovely colours this week, I like the addition of the grey to the mix.

NanaDonna - Wonderful card for #3 what a beautiful image and I just love your colours. Very nice card for #2 great image. Great card for #1. I know what you mean about getting side tracked when going on the PC.

Carol - Lovely card for #1, great embossing-both types.

Bingolady - Lovely card for #3 using the ad colours, very pretty card for #2 and pretty papers on #1.

Nancy - Love your pucker up card for hubby, he'll love it. I do hope your Granddaughter is doing well.

Raquel - Wonderful card for your daughter, well done to your hubby.

Turtlebug - Such a pretty card using the ad colours.

Gisele - Lovely card for #1, cute idea to add the brads to the buttons, great love card but I LOVE your 3rd card, the crinkle edges to the mats and the kraft card you used.

Sue
 3 users thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 1/20/2013(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/20/2013(UTC), Gisele on 1/21/2013(UTC)
SandyPalmer Offline
#63 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 1:47:32 PM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
BingoLady, pretty colors and papers on your sketch 1 card! Pretty!

Nancy J, so sorry to hear about all the infections Megan has had! I just pray she heals quickly and no more infections!

Gisele, I just love how you layered the center of your card! Beautiful flower for such a lovely card!

Sue, Wow, the colors and papers you chose on your first card just caught my eyes! So beautiful!
It just appeals to me so much! Love the little flower paper on your second card! your card is so dainty and feminine! I always love those big sentiments you put on cards! Your last card is quite lovely as well!
 2 users thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 1/21/2013(UTC), Gisele on 1/21/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#64 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 5:04:58 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 905 time(s) in 576 post(s)
Hi Ladies!
It's been a busy week-end....DGS's Soccer Tournament ALL week-end. Had two games on Sat. and two today, just got home about an hour ago, And, Yay!! they won 2 out of 4 and took 3rd place. They had been undefeated all season, but in the tournament two of the games played were with boys a year older and bigger than my DGS's team. All in all lots of fun and sunshine had by all!

Gisele

#1, Extra Credit AND Ad Color - Love how you created your 3 in 1 card. Very pretty, love the buttons, especially the center one. The tag with the Cupid cut and the color combo are very nice!
Last Weeks' #2 and Ad Colors - Really like the mix of polka dots and gingham and the colors work great. Like the placement and use of the notebook paper. Very nice card!
#3 and Extra Credit - How pretty! Love the flower and printed papers you used. I really like the corner stamp, sometimes you need just a little something to finish filling out a card and this was perfect!

BingoLady
#1 and Extra Credit - Love the BG paper! At first I thought they were flowers but as I looked closer...they are more like drops of paint with hearts on them, very cute! Like the "Sweetie" cut and how the tag and ribbon colors are all in the "paint drop" paper, too! Very nice.

AcrossThePond
How nice to be having snow right now! Just the other day we were watching a program where this group of guys go all around the world to ski and the snow was falling so pretty. I was telling my DH that although I have been out in the snow, I never have when it is actually falling. I would love to be able to do that one day!
#1 - Love the blues and the Tag at an angle. Like the font on the HB'day and the gel gitter in the flower centers. Your MIL will love it!
#2 and Extra Credit - Love the floral vase stamp and the inking & shadowing with the Promarkers, it is very pretty. Cute flower buttons, is the sentiment handwritten by you, like the way you connected the words?
#3 and Extra Credit - Oh, your niece will love this card! It is so colorful and the B'day frame is very nice with the sentiment cut into it, will have to look into this cartridge. Buttons are so cute, and they match the BG paper! So sorry about your Mum having to deal with this illness.

NancyJ.
So sorry about your Granddaughter still having to go through so much pain after all the this time and surgeries. Hopefully, the removal of the plates and screws will heal the infections and allow her back to school and to get on with her life without pain. God bless her AND you! She is lucky to have such a caring and loving Grandmother.

Edited by user Sunday, January 20, 2013 5:18:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#65 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:27:58 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
Hello everyone! I hope everyone had a great weekend

Well, we have "officially" started packing! All my purses and jewelry are all packed up! HAH HAH... ok I don't know why I started with those, but I did. I'll probably finish out my bedroom before starting on the kids' rooms

TurtleBug: wow wow wow... look at all those pearls! Loving your card

Gisele:
love your Valentine card... beautiful details. Great "LOVE" card as well... lots of dimensions. Love your third Valentine as well... the corner details are so pretty. Well done on all cards

BingoLady: great tag card... love the embossing on it

AcrossThePond:
wonderful first card, great job with cutting out all those flowers. Love the vase card, everything about this card just flows so well together. Very pretty birthday card... love the oversized intricate cut at the center

2 users thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#66 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:29:03 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

SandyPalmer will be hosting for us this coming Wednesday!
Thank you
BingoLady Offline
#67 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 11:13:19 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 915 time(s) in 615 post(s)
Gisele, wonderful sketch 3, I like the colors and the decor. Hearts are
always so pretty in any color.

Sue, great cards, I like the image on 2 card it looks so pretty. On the 3 card I
like the paper and all the decor it came out so pretty.
 2 users thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
Gisele on 1/21/2013(UTC), AcrossThePond on 1/22/2013(UTC)
britishgirl Offline
#68 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 12:45:31 PM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 142 post(s)
Well i got number 1 done the tags are from PS and the rose from WIMG
britishgirl attached the following image(s):
IMG_1199.JPG
christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#69 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 1:35:46 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Here is sketch 2. Don't know if I will finish sketch 3 or not, but will try. Here is my link and enjoy. http://wp.me/p2Ygsl-1C

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
Gisele Offline
#70 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 6:07:15 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
BingoLady – Great tag card with the script embossing folder!

Nancy – hope you DGD Megan is on the road to recovery! Sending positive thoughts and prayers!

Sue – we had a some snow on Saturday and then it turned really cold -27° (not sure what that is in Farenheit) and it is supposed to be cold all week. Sketch #1 - Wonderful birthday card for you MIL - really great papers! Great card #2 with the beautiful vase and flowers – so nicely coloured and great papers! What a great birthday card for a young girl – the patterned papers and colours will surely appeal to her along with the buttons from her grandmother. A beautiful keepsake!

Britishgirl – Pretty rose tag card! The papers coordinate so well!
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 1/22/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#71 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 9:37:55 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2545 time(s) in 1320 post(s)
Hello everyone great cards I hope to get back in a little while to comment on them. Things were a bit busy over the weekend although I did get to spend a little time in my room working on Miss Emma's birthday card she will turn 2 on Feb 3rd. Will share when I get done.

AcrossThePond Offline
#72 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:38:32 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post
Hi Ladies!
It's been a busy week-end....DGS's Soccer Tournament ALL week-end. Had two games on Sat. and two today, just got home about an hour ago, And, Yay!! they won 2 out of 4 and took 3rd place. They had been undefeated all season, but in the tournament two of the games played were with boys a year older and bigger than my DGS's team. All in all lots of fun and sunshine had by all!

Gisele

#1, Extra Credit AND Ad Color - Love how you created your 3 in 1 card. Very pretty, love the buttons, especially the center one. The tag with the Cupid cut and the color combo are very nice!
Last Weeks' #2 and Ad Colors - Really like the mix of polka dots and gingham and the colors work great. Like the placement and use of the notebook paper. Very nice card!
#3 and Extra Credit - How pretty! Love the flower and printed papers you used. I really like the corner stamp, sometimes you need just a little something to finish filling out a card and this was perfect!

BingoLady
#1 and Extra Credit - Love the BG paper! At first I thought they were flowers but as I looked closer...they are more like drops of paint with hearts on them, very cute! Like the "Sweetie" cut and how the tag and ribbon colors are all in the "paint drop" paper, too! Very nice.

AcrossThePond
How nice to be having snow right now! Just the other day we were watching a program where this group of guys go all around the world to ski and the snow was falling so pretty. I was telling my DH that although I have been out in the snow, I never have when it is actually falling. I would love to be able to do that one day!
#1 - Love the blues and the Tag at an angle. Like the font on the HB'day and the gel gitter in the flower centers. Your MIL will love it!
#2 and Extra Credit - Love the floral vase stamp and the inking & shadowing with the Promarkers, it is very pretty. Cute flower buttons, is the sentiment handwritten by you, like the way you connected the words?
#3 and Extra Credit - Oh, your niece will love this card! It is so colorful and the B'day frame is very nice with the sentiment cut into it, will have to look into this cartridge. Buttons are so cute, and they match the BG paper! So sorry about your Mum having to deal with this illness

NancyJ.
So sorry about your Granddaughter still having to go through so much pain after all the this time and surgeries. Hopefully, the removal of the plates and screws will heal the infections and allow her back to school and to get on with her life without pain. God bless her AND you! She is lucky to have such a caring and loving Grandmother.

Well the snow is nice to look at for the first day but after that it's a pain. This morning we had black ice and freezing fog which made it quite difficult out there. Thankfully my son went to school and hubby back to work today. My sons school closed at lunch on friday due to it and stayed shut yesterday too. Hubby has been on leave for a week but poor thing couldn't go fishing or anything as it was just too bad. Never mind spring is around the corner lol

The sentiment on #2 is a stamp. I picked up this collection of sentiments as they all look hand written which is nice and they are all the same font so you can sneek them in in the smallest of spaces.
Thanks for the kind thoughts about my Mum.
Sue
 1 user thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 1/22/2013(UTC)
AcrossThePond Offline
#73 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:46:14 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Britishgirl - I love your tag card for #1. PS makes great tags doesn't it. Love the rose cut, I haven't tried that one yet.

Christineamey - Cute card for #2, pretty image.

Gisele - OMG I would die if it was that cold hereBlink Blink it has been down to -4 over the weekend but nothing like that, I feel for you.

Sue
 1 user thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
Gisele on 1/22/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#74 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 11:23:30 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Hi again I will try and get my commenting done before I go for a hair cut

Carol - #1 Love your papers and the embossing, great red bird

Bingolady - #3 cute, I love how you used the silhouette image and added the flowers. #2 so very pretty love the soft colors perfect embossing #1 very very nice, I love how you are using either patterned paper in the back and plain on top or visa-versa cute background paper

Nancy -#3 OMG those lips look so juicy and sparkly I am sure hubby will love it.

Josie - I love working with the vinyl plus it is pretty easy to cut. I think the wall art at Kohls is in frames, Michele likes to apply them directly on the wall. I was thinking of making myself one too. Wedding card in Ad colors so pretty and the perfect touch adding that pearl bouquet and all the pearl accents

Raquel
- WOW 26 miles that is fabulous good for your hubby #2 great card to honor your daughter for her project.

Gisele
- #1 I love the papers and colors on this card, the image is perfect for Valentines #2 Very nice, love the black & white & red together and the cute bows in the buttons. #3 another pretty card, that flower is gorgeous and nice xoxo stamp in the corner

Sue - lucky for you top have snowBigGrin I know what you mean the first nice is nice but after that well..... growing up in Chicago I know all about snow although I can still say I love it and miss it alot especially around the holidays #1 oooo I really love the papers on this one, perfectly put together with the tag. Again nice papers and fabulous coloring on the vase and flowers, cute buttons. #3 great birthday card, love that cut and always forget about that cartridgeBlushing the buttons are adorable.

British - #1 very nice, that rose cut is great

Christine
- glad you are feeling a bit better Nice card love the angel image

Well hope I didn't forget anyone, looking forward to what Sandy has in store for us next week.
 3 users thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/22/2013(UTC), Gisele on 1/22/2013(UTC), AcrossThePond on 1/23/2013(UTC)
LisaW. Offline
#75 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 11:52:09 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Hello ladies

I real quick finished up my card that I started last night...boy a half lunch goes fast.
My kids bball is really eating into my time. I will try to get the other sketches done or at least one before we have to leave for practice.

Sketch #2...using buttons as extra credit. Not sure about my sentiment.

Cartridge: Paisley for the sunglasses cut at 1.5.

P.S. Sorry my picture is so blurry.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 22, 2013 11:54:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LisaW. attached the following image(s):
DSCF0101.JPG
TurtleBug Offline
#76 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 12:36:58 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post

Josie - I love working with the vinyl plus it is pretty easy to cut. I think the wall art at Kohls is in frames, Michele likes to apply them directly on the wall. I was thinking of making myself one too. Wedding card in Ad colors so pretty and the perfect touch adding that pearl bouquet and all the pearl accents

Donna,
I have seen these everytime I'm by Kohl's (and, you know I go there alot!!LOL ) and they do come in a tube and are applied directly to the wall. I often think of getting one for above our bed since I don't have anything there at this time.

TurtleBug Offline
#77 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 12:56:46 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

britishgirl
#1 and Extra Credit - Like the way you tilted the Tag, and the soft BG colors. I love that Rose cut from WIMG and the extra button on thr Tag. Very nice card!

christine
#2, Ad Colors and Extra Credit - LOVE the pretty butterfly and translucent Angel sticker and the placment of it. Have never seen that butterfly embossng folder, will have to look for it. The ribbon is pretty, too. Hope you are enjoying your new CuttleBug!!

LisaW.
#2 and Extra Credit - LOVE the glittery sunglasses and coordinating BG paper. Can't see it too clear, but are the buttons little flip-flops?....too cute!

TurtleBug Offline
#78 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 1:13:10 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

OK Ladies!!

I see a trend going on here with ALL of us!! We are being deprived of "ME TIME"!! I believe it is time we put our foot (feet)LOL down and DEMAND from our Families that we deserve one day a week to dedicate soley to RAQ's Card Sketch Challenge (no other Blogs, Challenges, Design teams, etc)....only!! Are we asking for too much?? Heck NO!!

RAQ's Card Sketch Challengers UNITE!!!

*****Felt like throwing in a little humor in here...it has been TOO quiet on here this week!

Edited by user Tuesday, January 22, 2013 1:18:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#79 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 1:16:16 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post
Donna,
I have seen these everytime I'm by Kohl's (and, you know I go there alot!!LOL ) and they do come in a tube and are applied directly to the wall. I often think of getting one for above our bed since I don't have anything there at this time.

Interesting, I didn't think they sold them that way, will have to check it out next time I go to Kohls like in 2014 ha ha I never go thereLOL
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#80 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 1:23:39 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

britishgirl: love that rose cut! What a pretty tag card

christineramey8b61e521:
very pretty angel card... love the buttons and embossing you added to it

LisaW.: love your sunglasses card and awesome colors!
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#81 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 1:24:42 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

TurtleBug wrote:
OK Ladies!!

I see a trend going on here with ALL of us!! We are being deprived of "ME TIME"!! I believe it is time we put our foot (feet)LOL down and DEMAND from our Families that we deserve one day a week to dedicate soley to RAQ's Card Sketch Challenge (no other Blogs, Challenges, Design teams, etc)....only!! Are we asking for too much?? Heck NO!!

RAQ's Card Sketch Challengers UNITE!!!

*****Felt like throwing in a little humor in here...it has been TOO quiet on here this week!

I wish I wish I wish !!!

Hah hah... I still manage to find time in between packing to make a card!

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#82 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 1:36:44 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Here's my sketch 3 and also the Ad colors. I'm also submitting this to the current Digi Dessert Fridaze since the freebie digi is the cupcake

BingoLady Offline
#83 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:54:44 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 915 time(s) in 615 post(s)
Britishg, wonderful card, I love the way the rose came out.

Christine, very nice card, the angel and the colors so nice.

Nancy, sending you get well wishes for your GD.

Lisa, very pretty card, like the sunglasses and the little flip flops are so cute.

Raquel, nice cupcake card.

1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/22/2013(UTC)
SandyPalmer Offline
#84 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 3:00:47 PM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Britishgirl, such a pretty card with the tag on it! Beautiful rose!

Christineramey
, such a cute card with the angel on it! Such a peaceful, cheery card!

LisaW, really cute card with the sun glasses on it!

Raquel, you are the only person I know who can turn a yummy cupcake card into an elegant card all at the same time! Great job on it! I just LOVE polka dots too!

Turtlebug, I hear you! I actually feel caught up now to wear I can start playing again! BigGrin
 1 user thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
LisaW. Offline
#85 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 5:56:15 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

I was able to sneak in another card this afternoon but unfortunately the third sketch is going to have be an IOU...need to get my munchkins fed before practice. I drop son off and sit with my daughter so there goes 2-1/2 hours of my evening.

I did take another picture of my sketch #2 since I had a little more time:)

Sketch #1 using the ad colors.

Cartridges: New Arrival...baby cut at 2-1/2
TBBM..tag cut at 4

MS Lace punch

Sketch #2. One of my resolutions of using from my scrap drawer...all but the glitter paper:)Extra credit of flip flop buttons.

Cartridge: Paisley.
DSCF0103.JPG
DSCF0105.JPG
LisaW. Offline
#86 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:04:12 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Hope you ladies don't mind but I am going to share my layouts I did for the LID challenge and the reason why I never made it to the sketches. I am trying to get my books done for Mother's Day so I will probably be alternating between the two challenges...that time crunch thing again, lol.

Critique away. I have a way of never liking things that I create very well...probably why I never get anything finishedLOL.
DSCF0083.JPG
DSCF0097.JPG
Gisele Offline
#87 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:10:20 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Lisa – Love the sunglasses – great card! Cute card for a new little one in the ad colours! And glad you using up your scraps!

Turtlebug – Haha! that would be so nice to spend a whole day crafting!

Raquel – wow! Love your cupcake card! The silver dots look so real – we call them silver dragées!
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
SandyPalmer Offline
#88 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:55:48 PM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

LisaW, glad you showed the sun glasses again! You really can see them sparkle and shine now! Adorable baby card as well! Your layouts are really nice! So cute!

TurtleBug Offline
#89 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:55:49 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

LisaW.
#2 and Ad Colors - Very cute baby card, like the Baby image and soft colors. The baby looks like he is taking a bubble bath!Laugh
Nice work on your LOs, especially like the Alice in Wonderland one, great memories. I don't think you need to change anything....as they say "We are our own worst critics"!

Raquel
#2 in Ad Colors - Very yummy cupcake!! Like the Sprinkles and glittery cupcake liner and the flowers look good enough to eat, too!

Thanks to all the the Ladies that participated in this weeks' RAQ's Sketch Card Challenge and Extra Credit. Look forward to Hosting again soon!
Can't wait to see what Sandy has in store for us tomorrow!
 1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#90 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:59:06 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

LisaW. wrote:
Hope you ladies don't mind but I am going to share my layouts I did for the LID challenge and the reason why I never made it to the sketches. I am trying to get my books done for Mother's Day so I will probably be alternating between the two challenges...that time crunch thing again, lol.

Critique away. I have a way of never liking things that I create very well...probably why I never get anything finishedLOL.

I do wish I had more time to work on scrapbooking as well as card-making. I need to finish my kids' school scrapbooks so I know I need to find some time to work on those but after the move I think. LOVE your two-page layout... the way you did the strips and the pictures are really neat. The faux stitching also gives it great dimension. Cute cute Alice in Wonderland layout! The baby girl card is super cute!

I think we are all the worse critics on our own works but you did awesome on your layouts as well as your cards... love them all!