Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

LorriAnderson Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 3:52:27 PM(UTC)
LorriAnderson

Groups: Registered

LOL BigGrin OMG!!!! i won the cricut cake and 2 of the new Martha Stewart cartridges at Inspiration Unlimited - Teresa Collins scrapbooking event here in Vegas! I'm SOO psyched.. Thank you to everyone at Cricut - and at Inspiration Unlimited. It was an amazing experience.

Funniest part about winning - one of my scrapping BFF's won the cricut cake at Creative Escape - and we live 5 houses away from each other - we were joking before the prize drawing that we really didn't need another one in the neighborhood!! pretty amazing. It's sitting on my kitchen counter, got home late last night; have a bunch of questions for the experts out there...

Any recommendations on which brand/s of gum paste/fondant/frosting sheets to get?
Does the Cricut Cake cut paper?? (just outta curiosity)

Laugh BigGrin Laugh
CarolS Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 4:05:22 PM(UTC)
CarolS

United States

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 50 post(s)
LorriAnderson wrote:
LOL BigGrin OMG!!!! i won the cricut cake and 2 of the new Martha Stewart cartridges at Inspiration Unlimited - Teresa Collins scrapbooking event here in Vegas! I'm SOO psyched.. Thank you to everyone at Cricut - and at Inspiration Unlimited. It was an amazing experience.

Funniest part about winning - one of my scrapping BFF's won the cricut cake at Creative Escape - and we live 5 houses away from each other - we were joking before the prize drawing that we really didn't need another one in the neighborhood!! pretty amazing. It's sitting on my kitchen counter, got home late last night; have a bunch of questions for the experts out there...

Any recommendations on which brand/s of gum paste/fondant/frosting sheets to get?
Does the Cricut Cake cut paper?? (just outta curiosity)

Laugh BigGrin Laugh

That's wonderful! Congratulations!

The Cricut Cake is not designed to cut paper although you can but you will invalidate the warranty not to mention possibly poisoning folks with your food if you use paper in it. Most papers have fluids such as embalming fluids and others to preserve the paper and it's texture and does not mix with food. Professional food folk will tell you the two don't mix and should never be used with machines that is used to prepare or on foods.

If you have another Cricut for cutting paper I would HIGHLY recommend you stick with using that.
 1 user thanked CarolS for this useful post.
LorriAnderson on 9/26/2010(UTC)
LorriAnderson Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 4:33:12 PM(UTC)
LorriAnderson

i kinda figured it wouldn't work for paper... didn't even think about the chemicals in paper being mixed with food... eeww gross. I have a klick-n-kut paper cutter, so i'm set for a paper cutter