Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sarprb3cff7e6 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 1:50:44 AM(UTC)
sarprb3cff7e6

Groups: Registered

I have all my cartrdges linked to my Gypsy. What do I need to do to link them to my account? I have them registered already but they are not available when working on CCR. It says to link them or buy them. Then, when I try to link them it says they are already linked. Please help!
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 2:07:24 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7577 time(s) in 3540 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sarprb3cff7e6 Go to Quoted Post
I have all my cartrdges linked to my Gypsy. What do I need to do to link them to my account? I have them registered already but they are not available when working on CCR. It says to link them or buy them. Then, when I try to link them it says they are already linked. Please help!

Currently you can't link carts to CCR that have been linked to a Gypsy. PC have been working on that process for nearly a year now.

For now, you will need to have the carts available to insert into the Cricut when cutting with CCR.
J.A.Buchholz Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 6:15:38 PM(UTC)
J.A.Buchholz

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
What is frustrating about linking Gypsy cartridges to CCR, is that you can link FROM CCR to Gypsy, but not the other direction!

My understanding is that if you link cartridges to the CCR, the next time you link your Gypsy, the CCR-linked cartridge will automatically link to Gypsy.

Cartridges that came with Gypsy or were free upgrades linked to Gypsy (no physical cartridges) - what are the options EXCEPT for linking them to CCR. At one point, the "fix" suggested by PC was to un-link cartridges, but if one un-links these, there is no way to recover them or ever move them to CCR.

It's been nearly a year since the linking FROM Gypsy to CCR was suggested as an option, and still nothing usable.

Frustrating!!!
Angry
♥brandoodles♥ Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:01:13 PM(UTC)
♥brandoodles♥

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 42 post(s)
I had no idea this had been going on this long. I'm just facing it now that my gypsy has died. I can't stand inserting a cartridge every time I want to cut via CCR..... really considering other cutters at this point. I'm so frustrated and am ready to chuck my three Expression machines and the 150 cartridges I have. Sure would clear up some space in my craft room!!
m_zeller8cafbf07 Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 1:53:21 PM(UTC)
m_zeller8cafbf07

I haven't used my bug (or Gypsy) for a loooong time. I've just updated firmware and software for everything, and downloaded CCR, getting ready to go to a 3-day crop. I will have my Gypsy and laptop with me; there will be an Expression 1 and Expression 2 available at the crop for cutting.

All of my cartridges are linked to my Gypsy. I understand that, as such, I cannot link them to my Cricut account and CCR. Can I still design with the carts in CCR (like you can design on the Gypsy with stuff you don't own), then export the file to my Gypsy (where the carts ARE linked) for managing the cutting?

(Yes, I realize I can test this out, but if I can get the answer the easy way, from someone who's already been down that road ...)

Thanks -
- Melanie
m_zeller8cafbf07 Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 4:05:55 PM(UTC)
m_zeller8cafbf07

A way around (just got the answer in the CCR community) is to design in CCR then save the project as a .gypsy file then upload to the G the cartridge(s) are linked to for cutting.
Thanks!
Jennifer Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 8:30:34 AM(UTC)
Jennifer

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 105 post(s)
Originally Posted by: m_zeller8cafbf07 Go to Quoted Post
A way around (just got the answer in the CCR community) is to design in CCR then save the project as a .gypsy file then upload to the G the cartridge(s) are linked to for cutting.
Thanks!

That will work only if your Gypsy will communicate with your E2 nicely. Mine doesn't. Very frustrating. Looking into a new machine today, as a matter of fact. Enough is enough.
asheu51495745 Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 5:35:49 PM(UTC)
asheu51495745

I am very disappointed that there is still no solution for linking from gypsy to CCR. It seems like if they can link from CCR to gypsy, they should be able to link gypsy to CCR. Does anyone know if they are really going to have this as an option? I have all my cartridges in Gypsy already and would love to just work with CCR without the gypsy and cartridges.