Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

LauraLee1 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 5:10:08 PM(UTC)
LauraLee1

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 336 time(s) in 259 post(s)
Hi everyone! I hope some educators of special kids come in here! :)
Hugs,
Laura
OhScrap,KoKoBear! Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 11:40:15 AM(UTC)
OhScrap,KoKoBear!

Groups: Registered

Hi! I teach early childhood special ed (ECSE). It's special ed for preschool. I would love to see and talk about some ideas using my cricut!
cherylchandler Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 5:22:52 PM(UTC)
cherylchandler

I have sped self contained k-5. very low level. i use my cricut for something eveeryday!!
Khrista Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 8:38:17 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2490 time(s) in 1389 post(s)
I pop in here. It's great to see some other folks! Yeah!! I am teaching again and working with students K-5 that need more functional academics. I have tons of idea's everyday at work for using my cricut. I'm thinking of taking it into work so I can actually make them. One idea is I have students that need to learn how to follow directions and also to sequence, so I'm thinking of making some various layering designs (Hello Kitty, Toy Story, Cars, etc. ) that they then have to listen to the direction and follow to put them together. Just something different that they'd have fun with I think.

:)Khrista
CropingQueen Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 3:27:05 PM(UTC)
CropingQueen

Was thanked: 273 time(s) in 156 post(s)
hi, my students are all finished high school. The school I work at is teaching life skills. The students plan menu's following Canada's food guide, they have to do the grocery shopping for the items needed on the menu, with our assistance of course. 8 bananas easily becomes the 19 I asked for just by turning the bunch over and counting the same bananas several times. We teach healthy life styles by having fitness on the agenda daily. Nothing to strenuous, as most can't over exert themselves. They learn money concepts, how to tell time, computor skills, math, literacy, etc. We also do crafts, sewing, ironing, teach basic hygiene skills. 99% of our students will never be able to live independantly, but they can help with so much if they are given the opportunity.
There may be 1 or 2 students that would be able to paper piece very well with direction if we cut the pieces out big enough for them to handle. making a 3 or 4 inch paper doll with pieces to glue on is enough of a challenge for most, Cars and other such carts would be tooo difficult for them, unfortunately. Well unless of course we cut them out at fit to page on a 12by24 mat.
How ever they love being creative and think the cricut expression is the best thing ever. Could you imagine what they would think if they had a cricut imagine? They have alot of difficulty stamping, this would be great for them, but with the price tag it is way out of our reach. To them anything they make is "awesome" to quote one very happy go lucky student.
I love spending my day with these amazing individuals who are soooo smart and make me sooo proud.
LauraLee1 Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 4:57:05 PM(UTC)
LauraLee1

I agree Cropping Queen, I think I learn more from my students every day rather than they learn from me. I am so proud of my kids! Wink

I really like your idea for the sequencing. I think that would be a good thing to work on one by one for my students. My kids have a really hard time with group projects as they are all on such different levels and such different speeds when it comes to getting things done. They all have such different interests too! :)

have a great night and keep sharing these ideas!

H
JessicaDeJesus Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 06, 2010 6:00:56 PM(UTC)
JessicaDeJesus

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi!! I just joined. I bought my cricut just this Halloween with the intention of using it for school. So far I feel a bit overwhelmed, I've made some turkeys to use on my calendar, lol. Excited to get started though. I want to make posters with positive messages for my very abled kiddos!!
I have a self-contained special ed. classroom of 3rd - 5th graders.
LauraLee1 Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 06, 2010 6:39:21 PM(UTC)
LauraLee1

You have come to the right place. Did you get an expression? Overwhelming to try to do it all at once! You will have to take your time, but figure out what you want to do and then do it. If you get stuck you can post to the cricut forum and there will be many people to help you! :)
Hugs and Welcome to the Cricut Family
Laura