Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Favored Scrapper Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 12:01:32 PM(UTC)
Favored Scrapper

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Firstly, I LOVE ALL OF MY CRICUTS which includes 5 total. I will always support Cricut b/c I love their products.

However, after spending thousands upon thousands, I really feel slighted with the 500.00 Imagine bundle (@HSN Premiere) plus over 27 I cartridges.

I think it would be fair if Provocraft remunerated us with something. Scrappers are real folks and we don't ask for much. We'd jump and scream and feel great for a few sheets of pretty paper. CCR certificate. Anything.

Am I alone?
 1 user thanked Favored Scrapper for this useful post.
Sawkat66 on 2/1/2014(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 2:29:26 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18430 time(s) in 8191 post(s)
I don't think you are alone in that many Imagine owners feel they are owed something, but there are also many Imagine owners who are still happily using their Imagine.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
ChelaDones on 1/14/2014(UTC)
Eeyore2005 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 8:39:22 PM(UTC)
Eeyore2005

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I'm one of the owners who would jump up and down if PC was to give me a credit of a decent amount for my defective Imagine. I used it twice. I calibrated it once when I set it up and did a test cut, it worked just fine. Then a few months later, I literally used it to test cut a template for a vinyl project I wanted to work on. That was it. I went to turn it on and use it again last month and nothing. I mean nothing, it wouldn't move from the print, cut, Imagine screen. I used Cricut Sync to try and update my firmware. It will now print, but not cut, and I have to remove the ink cartridges and recalibrate everytime I want to use it. I spent $500 for a paperweight. The kicker is, this is my second machine. They had to replace my first one because the plastic piece never came down to install the print cartridges. I've been away from the boards for a long time and I haven't been scrapping because life got in the way. I'm sorry that I expect an expensive machine to work after being turned on with too much issue. Especially one that was barely used. I planned on using it as a standalone. I'm interested to see what this new machine can do and whether or not it will work with my now useless imagine cartridges. I know I can kiss the ones that only print out paper designs. But I have a few that do die cuts and I would love to be able to use.

Just my two cents,
Brenda
BrendaHill1 Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:38:18 AM(UTC)
BrendaHill1

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I would feel better if we could get a driver to allow us to use the Imagine as a "wide format" printer. At least then I would get some use out of it. It's just taking up space in my craft room. I can only look at it and shake my head. Can't even sell for decent price on Ebay anymore.
 2 users thanked BrendaHill1 for this useful post.
LizzyCz on 1/24/2014(UTC), Sawkat66 on 2/1/2014(UTC)
gbates Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 11:49:25 AM(UTC)
gbates

United States

You are not alone. I purchased one from eBay recently and stupidly bought 5 cartridges before testing to see if it even worked. Only after I received it, did I research the numerous complaints about this machine. It was a disaster for Provo Craft. At least I didn't pay the launch price for it like so many others. I got my $$$ back from eBay since the seller listed it as working (would print but wouldn't cut). I researched any fix that was out there and still the whole exercise (several hours) ended in defeat. The fact that Provo doesn't support it at all anymore proves my point about it being a disaster for them. I have an Expression, a Mini Cake machine, and have had the original and never had an issue with any of them. I have a lot of cartridges and digital images. I am now at a crossroads--do I sell everything and purchase a Cameo or do I stick with Cricut and try the Explore? Will they abandon customers again if there is a problem? The Explore finally puts the Cricut where other machines already were. The whole SCAL thing also left a bad taste in my mouth. I think remuneration would go a long way for those of you who paid full price. What to do?
Eeyore2005 Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 6:35:55 PM(UTC)
Eeyore2005

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Personally, after seeing and hearing the "promises" being made with the Explore, I would go with a different cutting brand and manufacturer. I've pretty much decided that's what I'm going to do. I just have to figure out now if it's worth trying to sell my 100 + cartridges with my gypsy (since they can't be sold separately) and blue E (which is now updated...it was able to use the other software) or just hang onto the items and get into a different cutting system. Either way, I will be purchasing a different brand of die cutter.
 1 user thanked Eeyore2005 for this useful post.
AntAnn on 4/18/2014(UTC)
HappyScrapper!! Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 6:44:37 PM(UTC)
HappyScrapper!!

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 25 post(s)
'The best advice I can give anyone when buying a Explore is to go through if possible HSN and buy the warranty. I bought my Imagine at the kickoff and purchased the warranty. The first year, Provo replaced but the second Imagine died also but a few months before the three year warranty expired. I was able to get my full purchase price back. Best warranty I ever bought.
HisGem Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 8:16:12 PM(UTC)
HisGem

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 332 post(s)
No you are not alone. I have approx. 30 Imagine cartridges and they wont sell...The last time I checked, I had a working Imagine, but the black ink is printing blue. I am afraid to update to use the other ink. Someone said they have ink they could sell me but there are not guarantees with that two as this is the second black ink cartridge that has done this. I wish they would just update CCR to allow me (us)to pnc with my printer and one of the existing machine.

Yes, I know I sound like a broken record (been posting this all day). But I have had every machine PC made sold a few but still have 6 machines over 200 cartridges and several digital cartridges. I just want to be able to use what I purchased. The Imagine has always been touch and go. So for those who will say stuff become obsolete, yes they do, but they work from the start AND there is something else to purchase; new and improved versions. As of now, people who have Imagine carts and a non-working Imagine are too bad so sad and that is not fair. $500 is a lot to shell out for a machine that is like a box of chocolates (you don't know if it is going to work or not). Like I said before, I MIGHT be willing to purchase the other machine, but honestly, I don't believe I should have to shell out another $300 just to use cartridges...my opinion....
Khrista Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 11:43:45 AM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Was thanked: 2490 time(s) in 1389 post(s)
I think there's many that think that. I personally won't touch the Explore until the print THEN cut feature is working which they've stated won't be until the 2nd part of 2014 because of the 'coming later' they did with the Imagine. If they do get it to work, my understanding from people that have called CS and what I've read is that you could then link your Imagine cartridges to CCR which would transfer over to the Explore software allowing you to print to your printer, and then putting it into the Explore to cut. (I would think this would work for the pattern only cartridges.. the downfall there is if you don't have a wide format printer).

It would be interesting to see if HP would release something to make it a printer. HP is who did the printer part. I've never messed with mine enough to see if I can get it to show up as a printer.

Warranty - I bought that also and agree it was a good purchase. I had 5 Imagines go back. Thought my last one was going to be the last one ever and end up with a refund, but they fixed it, sautered stuff better on it and what not and so it's still plugging away.

Blue Ink - sometimes is the printer head is dirty and sometimes is bad ink. To do the update, I'd uncheck all the boxes except the firmware one and do that one first in order to use the new cartridges. I don't know that you really need an update to use the new ones. I don't remember anyone saying they bought the HP ink and tried it before updating.

:)Khrista
GypsyBoricua Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 1:25:58 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 699 time(s) in 364 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Khrista Go to Quoted Post
I don't know that you really need an update to use the new ones. I don't remember anyone saying they bought the HP ink and tried it before updating.

Khrista,

That is the only reason I am updating is because of the ink cartridges. Are you saying you don't have to update to use the HP cartridges?

Thanks,
Khrista Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 2:11:50 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: GypsyBoricua Go to Quoted Post
Khrista,

That is the only reason I am updating is because of the ink cartridges. Are you saying you don't have to update to use the HP cartridges?

Thanks,

Honestly don't know. PC says you do. I don't know if anyone has tried to use them without updating. Just seems odd to me that we'd have to update a printer to use ink cartridges. Mine's already updated or I'd give it a try just to see. :)
GypsyBoricua Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 2:52:01 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Originally Posted by: Khrista Go to Quoted Post
Honestly don't know. PC says you do. I don't know if anyone has tried to use them without updating. Just seems odd to me that we'd have to update a printer to use ink cartridges. Mine's already updated or I'd give it a try just to see. :)

Hmmmm, I might just do that. I really don't want to update my I. When I downloaded the updated Sync, I still had the old Sync on there and it read:

The application cannot be installed due to a certificate problem. The certificate does not match the installed application certificate, does not support application upgrades, or is invalid. Please contact the application author.

So I downloaded the new Sync again, but saved it to my computer, deleted the old one and then ran the new one. Didn't get the message that time.

I'm just so afraid to update because my I is working right now. Still haven't done it, too afraid.

Thanks for all your help!!!
CricutCrazy Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 3:03:49 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 762 time(s) in 550 post(s)
Gosh - I must have really been fortunate. I bought an Imagine on Ebay from "Proud Parents" which was actually some employees of Provocraft operating it. Paid $199. for it. From day one, it worked like a charm....had to recalibrate a few times, but it always printed beautifully and cut beautifully as long as I inserted a cartridge..
The only problems I ever had was trying to use it on CCR which never worked.
Recently sold the machine and carts to another user who is also happy with it.

I just got used to using the E2 and have no intentions of buying the new machine and all of its problems that I am sure will arise. I love my original Expression the most...I like the keypads !

I do not like the CCR thing or using a GYpsy either. I am too old to learn all this digital junk! LOL
GypsyBoricua Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 3:07:45 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Originally Posted by: CricutCrazy Go to Quoted Post
Gosh - I must have really been fortunate. I bought an Imagine on Ebay from "Proud Parents" which was actually some employees of Provocraft operating it. Paid $199. for it. From day one, it worked like a charm....had to recalibrate a few times, but it always printed beautifully and cut beautifully as long as I inserted a cartridge..
The only problems I ever had was trying to use it on CCR which never worked.
Recently sold the machine and carts to another user who is also happy with it.

I just got used to using the E2 and have no intentions of buying the new machine and all of its problems that I am sure will arise. I love my original Expression the most...I like the keypads !

I do not like the CCR thing or using a GYpsy either. I am too old to learn all this digital junk! LOL

I have never had any problems with mine either, but I also have not updated since 2011. I checked it and it is still on version 0115. The fact that I have not had any problems with it is the reason why I really don't want to update it.
LovelyLady Offline
#15 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:59:56 AM(UTC)
LovelyLady

Was thanked: 301 time(s) in 235 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Favored Scrapper Go to Quoted Post
Firstly, I LOVE ALL OF MY CRICUTS which includes 5 total. I will always support Cricut b/c I love their products.

However, after spending thousands upon thousands, I really feel slighted with the 500.00 Imagine bundle (@HSN Premiere) plus over 27 I cartridges.

I think it would be fair if Provocraft remunerated us with something. Scrappers are real folks and we don't ask for much. We'd jump and scream and feel great for a few sheets of pretty paper. CCR certificate. Anything.

Am I alone?

Didn't they "do" something already, at least for those that paid $500. I might be wrong as it was sooo long ago. I think at some point there was a drastic price drop in the price of the I to ~$299 (or there abouts) on cricut.com. A lot were not happy as they had paid the $500 sometime before and so they did something, something like those that purchased between a certain time period they..........(unfortunately I don't remember the exact details)

Does anyone else remember this?
sbb Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:06:04 PM(UTC)
sbb

I think it would be great if we could get a trade-in value for the Imagine if we bought the new Explore. I received my Imagine for a xmas gift about 3 years ago. I keep it updated but when I use it, it is always a crap-shoot whether it will work accurately. I waste ALOT of paper because I have to reprint and recut most images a couple of times. Sometimes it prints and doesn't cut, sometimes it cuts but not accurately - even after calibration. After many tries, I typically get an image I can use and then I am happy but it is SO frustrating trying to get a good image printed and cut accurately.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:06:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sawkat66 Offline
#17 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 9:30:48 AM(UTC)
Sawkat66

United States

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 141 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LovelyLady Go to Quoted Post
Didn't they "do" something already, at least for those that paid $500. I might be wrong as it was sooo long ago. I think at some point there was a drastic price drop in the price of the I to ~$299 (or there abouts) on cricut.com. A lot were not happy as they had paid the $500 sometime before and so they did something, something like those that purchased between a certain time period they..........(unfortunately I don't remember the exact details)

Yes, we got ink and a few I carts. but still....
tanyaisis Offline
#18 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 7:00:01 AM(UTC)
tanyaisis

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 19 post(s)
i feel the same way
Khrista Offline
#19 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 1:50:23 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: LovelyLady Go to Quoted Post

Yep. The time period didn't count the launch so anyone that bought it at launch didn't get that one. Got lots of ink from various cartridge deal thingies though.

Rustys 2 Wild Offline
#20 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 2:51:12 PM(UTC)
Rustys 2 Wild

I too have been away from scrapbooking and the Cricut boards for some time. But I feel that I have a very expensive piece of garbage in my craft room. I am so disappointed that Provo Craft won't be supporting the Imagine any longer. Your right, what do we do with these machines? They are worth nothing and take up a lot of space. Cursing
I've purchased an eCraft machine and I love it!!! There was no additional software to purchase and it will cut anything with SCAL. If anyone has any suggestions on what to do with the piece of garbage Imagine, I'm all ears.