Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

lovelylinzie5c5cb5bd Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 10:42:27 AM(UTC)
lovelylinzie5c5cb5bd

Groups: Registered

Hi, I have a new Cricut mini, done the thank you card from the instructions, a few large plain shapes and then the nursery gift box. First side of the gift box cut out fine, but second time it got stuck on the intricate details and tore the paper, since then any small details is being torn, fine with the big stuff and even small letters but small swirls it chews up.

I have been using heavyweight textured card, 216gsm, settings of 5 for depth, 4 for pressure and 1 for speed on the intricate designs. I have also tried paper on depth of 2 and 3, pressure of 2 then 3 and speed of 1, I also tried some medium card, but everything intricate gets chewed, thanks xx
mandy5d0a8fbf Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 12:22:27 AM(UTC)
mandy5d0a8fbf

Hi,

You could have a little bit of torn paper stuck under your blade. Remove the blade and have a look.

Also, there's a free cutting guide available at www.aboverrubiesstudio.com with lots of good advice and settings for a wide range of papers.

Hope that helps

Mandy
janfre26f33ab0f Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 2:30:42 PM(UTC)
janfre26f33ab0f

Angry how do you change the cutting blade on the mini cricut???? help

Have just bought this machine and have checked all the cutting levels and pressure but it just seems to continually chw the card HELP
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 3:23:00 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7585 time(s) in 4441 post(s)
You just unscrew the little screw that holds the blade in, push down on the top button of the blade housing and the blade will come out. I have used my original blade since I bought my MINI (haven't used it a lot, but I have the original blade in my Expression from 2008 and I HAVE used that blade a lot).

Be sure the screw is really tight when you put the housing back into it's arm (that's what I call it).

ALSO, you need the blade depth 6, Pressure as high as it will go (there's a slide at the back of the blade itself on the mini that has numbers on it....move it to the highest number. Speed on the MINI is controlled in CCR (I think) after you press CUT you should see a window come up with suggested settings). I would just use a medium speed or a little higher, but not on the highest speed for intricate cuts.

If the card is really thick, you might need to use a deep cutting blade. I have never used mine. I use my regular blade on thick cardstock.

Char

Edited by user Wednesday, November 13, 2013 3:23:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified