Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Mushie Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 5:22:01 PM(UTC)
Mushie

Groups: Registered
United States

Just got my Pink Cricut Expression..how do I cut vinyl, what settings ect. and what do you do with the transfer tape. Yep i am confused.Confused
Maxluv Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 5:36:21 PM(UTC)
Maxluv

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 455 time(s) in 344 post(s)
When i cut vinyl i put my blade on 3, pressure on Med, speed on 3..you don't want to cut all the way thru to the paper, just the vinyl, its called a kiss cut. There should be instructions on the transfer paper?
pammers10039115baf Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 5:45:23 PM(UTC)
pammers10039115baf

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am so hooked on vinyl!!! I did a search on-line and found videos by Expressions Vinyl. They made it seem so easy and yup...it was!

Good luck!Love
scrapalette Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 8:07:54 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 18405 time(s) in 8179 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mushie Go to Quoted Post
Just got my Pink Cricut Expression..how do I cut vinyl, what settings ect. and what do you do with the transfer tape. Yep i am confused.Confused

The transfer tape is to move your design from the mat to your project. Using the "kiss cut" {I use 3 blade, 3 pressure and 3 speed}, your Cricut will cut through the vinyl but not the backing. Weed (peel away) all the excess pieces from your design leaving the design on the mat. Lay the transfer tape on top of your design and burnish (rub it or use a brayer or a scrapper) all over. Then, you should be able to carefully lift the vinyl from the backing paper and apply it to your project. Burnish again and peel the transfer tape off. Transfer tape is reusable as it only needs a low tack to be effective.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
ford150queenbfca6982 on 2/15/2014(UTC)
southgirltexas Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 7:54:46 AM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Was thanked: 568 time(s) in 340 post(s)
You really really need the transfer tape. I have used painter tape in a pinch but the transfer tape works better.
MarvelChik4b159fe3 Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 01, 2012 2:35:58 AM(UTC)
MarvelChik4b159fe3

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, I have a cricut mini.

I can't cut vinyl not matter what settings I use, I have tired blade 6, pressure 2.
I have done 3-3-3 setting, 3, 5, 2 setting nothing is working, its picking up the letters as it moves.

Smearing them to little rolled up bits.

Added info, my mat sucks, I don't like it, It has cuts in it. Perhaps I need a new one...
or a new blade?

Just pretty sad, it was a birthday gift, and its only cost me more money I don't have, and
I haven't been able to finish one project.

Please help before I give up! Thanks.
Maxluv Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 01, 2012 5:16:10 AM(UTC)
Maxluv

United States

Was thanked: 455 time(s) in 344 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MarvelChik4b159fe3 Go to Quoted Post
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, I have a cricut mini.

I can't cut vinyl not matter what settings I use, I have tired blade 6, pressure 2.
I have done 3-3-3 setting, 3, 5, 2 setting nothing is working, its picking up the letters as it moves.

Smearing them to little rolled up bits.

Added info, my mat sucks, I don't like it, It has cuts in it. Perhaps I need a new one...
or a new blade?

Just pretty sad, it was a birthday gift, and its only cost me more money I don't have, and
I haven't been able to finish one project.

Please help before I give up! Thanks.

Have you tried a new mat? Or is your mat still sticky? Sounds like the paper on the back on your vinyl is sticking flat down to the mat if its moving around.
Chai Tea for me Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2012 9:56:09 AM(UTC)
Chai Tea for me

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
The transfer tape is to move your design from the mat to your project. Using the "kiss cut" {I use 3 blade, 3 pressure and 3 speed}, your Cricut will cut through the vinyl but not the backing. Weed (peel away) all the excess pieces from your design leaving the design on the mat. Lay the transfer tape on top of your design and burnish (rub it or use a brayer or a scrapper) all over. Then, you should be able to carefully lift the vinyl from the backing paper and apply it to your project. Burnish again and peel the transfer tape off. Transfer tape is reusable as it only needs a low tack to be effective.

Thanks I have been wanting to try playing with vinyl again and you make it sound easy.
emailc3a99fab Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 05, 2013 8:03:43 AM(UTC)
emailc3a99fab

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post

I use Oracal Vinyl 651 Intermediate or Cricut Vinyl and when I use 3 blade it marks beyond the vinyl making hard to weed, so I tried blade setting 2, pressure 3, speed 3 or high and it only cuts the vinyl.
Another thing I noticed is that you should remove the blade housing and squeeze the top to expose the blade and check for vinyl residues. That can affect your cutting.BigGrin
 1 user thanked emailc3a99fab for this useful post.
ford150queenbfca6982 on 2/15/2014(UTC)