Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

marydoc5110f865808 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2013 2:15:22 PM(UTC)
marydoc5110f865808

Groups: Registered

I've had Design Studio for a number of years and have yet to cut a single image with it. I can never get it to work, I get frustrated, and I put it away. I'm now determined to make it work. I've watched youtube videos to figure out how to do things, but I still can't do anything. For instance, I'll put a letter or a shape on the mat, then click off of it. When I click again to select it and get the handles back, nothing happens. Maybe one out of every 10 times that I click on the image I'll get handles, and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when I get them. If I can't even get handles to manipulate the image, there's not much I can do. Do I just have defective software, or am I missing something? Are there written instructions anywhere, or a trouble shooting guide?

FWIW, I can use SCAL just fine, so I'm not completely inept where computer software is concerned.
gaw Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2013 2:31:21 PM(UTC)
gaw

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 34 post(s)
You have to click on a line in the design to get the handles to show up to manipulate the image. You can't just click anywhere on the design. I hope this helps. But if you are clicking on a line and it doesn't work you might need to call customer service.
JeanP Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2013 3:11:44 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 736 time(s) in 619 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gaw Go to Quoted Post
You have to click on a line in the design to get the handles to show up to manipulate the image. You can't just click anywhere on the design. I hope this helps. But if you are clicking on a line and it doesn't work you might need to call customer service.

EXACTLY!!!! You have to click on a LINE of your shape.

Here is a link to help you with DS. I love it and never use my Cricut without it.

myfaqcricutds.blogspot.com
marydoc5110f865808 Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2013 8:15:25 PM(UTC)
marydoc5110f865808

Well, that did the trick! Thank you so much, ladies. I'm feeling a bit stupid right now, but I'm on the road to figuring out Design Studio. I could have made my life a lot easier, and used DS a lot more, if I'd come here a few years ago when I first tried to use it. Thanks again!!!!!!!