Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

carolynreif47cb857fc2 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 6:36:21 AM(UTC)
carolynreif47cb857fc2

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I want to make my first mini-album and I'm hoping for some advice. I have an Expression and a deep-cut blade housing. What is the thickest chipboard that can be used with these and still have smooth cuts? I've successfully used cereal box cardboard but I want something more substantial for the pages. I intend to buy a binding machine also.

I would also appreciate knowing where the best place is to buy this chipboard and the settings to use on the Expression. I found some settings in the archived messages, but I'm thinking they are for the standard blade housing. Any help you can give me will be very much appreciated.

Carolyn
southgirltexas Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 7:04:19 AM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Was thanked: 568 time(s) in 340 post(s)
Buy? I usually cut the cereal boxes up and use them.
Sherri Kay Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 8:57:05 AM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2310 time(s) in 2068 post(s)
I also use the cereal boxes for my mini albums. I think it is more than substantial for the pages. If you think it should be thicker, glue two together. BigGrin
TammyPuckett Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 9:39:36 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 319 time(s) in 181 post(s)
I buy the packs of poster board & cut it for my mini-books! I have also used cereal boxes.
JoyceG Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 2:41:28 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 884 time(s) in 576 post(s)
I have saved all the backs from paper packs I've bought thru the years. They are perfect for chipboard. I have a big stack of them. I personally think cereal boxes are too flimsy...I have regular cardstock that's thicker than my CheeriO's boxes are. BigGrin

I've never had to buy chipboard since I'm a hoarder. Glare But here's a site I have ordered other things from and they sell chipboard.

http://store.scrapbook.c...P98YDx0LkCFQSf4Aod3gwAUg

Joyce

TeresaGreene Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 4:34:23 PM(UTC)
TeresaGreene

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I also save the chipboard from paper stacks. I use it to make the covers for my minibooks. You will need to make multiple cuts with the Cricut. You will also need a very sticky mat, I used their new Strong Grip mat. However, for the last book I made, I just cut the covers to size using my paper cutter and then used my Corner Chomper to shape the corners opposite the bound edge. I was really just as happy, if not happier, than cutting the thicker chipboad with my Cricut. Of course, you need a very good paper cutter. I used my Cinch to punch the holes for the binding, and it had no trouble at all punching through the chipboard covered with paper and Mod Podge on both sides.
vflores_94015fc2711df Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 06, 2013 8:35:57 PM(UTC)
vflores_94015fc2711df

Originally Posted by: carolynreif47cb857fc2 Go to Quoted Post
I want to make my first mini-album and I'm hoping for some advice. I have an Expression and a deep-cut blade housing. What is the thickest chipboard that can be used with these and still have smooth cuts? I've successfully used cereal box cardboard but I want something more substantial for the pages. I intend to buy a binding machine also.

I would also appreciate knowing where the best place is to buy this chipboard and the settings to use on the Expression. I found some settings in the archived messages, but I'm thinking they are for the standard blade housing. Any help you can give me will be very much appreciated.

Carolyn

I am a beginner at this and like to know how I can create Mini book with chip using the cricut expression 2
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 06, 2013 8:39:01 PM(UTC)
vflores_94015fc2711df

I am a new Beginner on this and like to know how to make Mini Book album and want to know how to use my cricut expression 2 in using chipboard and step by step on blade and etc....
southgirltexas Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 07, 2013 2:11:48 PM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Was thanked: 568 time(s) in 340 post(s)
Are you talking about the cartridge "mini albums"? Make a book with plain paper...largest size you are comfortable with. Try youtube, it will be a huge help.
#10 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 4:21:59 PM(UTC)
vflores_94015fc2711df

I would like to know how from step 1 to finish on how to start making a Mini Album using Chipboard from my Cricut Expression 2

I have purchase Chipboard already cut and then some that need to be cut, as well brought my new blade for cutting which came with I think to Inks. I also don't know how to use those either

Please help me for I like to get started on making this project