Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

ChristineSmith4 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 5:17:54 PM(UTC)
ChristineSmith4

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I have been using my I to print out paper. I tried today to make some cuts for a layout I am working on. The blade moves to the center, but does not cut. The screen says cutting, but nothing happens. Then the mat comes out like it has been cut. Anyone have this happen?

I haven't updated my I because I still have original ink cartridges.

Edited by user Monday, September 02, 2013 5:47:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Coah'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 6:28:25 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 13236 time(s) in 3715 post(s)
I'm not sure that updating will help this issue, but a system restore probably would. You could try just doing an update first as a restore takes a bit of time to do. If you want to try the restore by yourself, there is a sticky at the top of this forum called Imagine System Restore procedure. It has the step by step you need to do. Make certain that your C-Sync and Adobe Air are up to date and that your antivirus/firewall are not blocking cricutsync.exe and ccrbridge.exe. If you feel you need someone to guide you through it, PC Support is very helpful. You can find the number and hours by clicking the Support link at the top right of this page. HTH and let us know if you get her back up and cutting.

P.S. You don't mention if you are using CCR when this happens. Not everyone's Imagine will work with CCR. If you ARE using CCR, do you have the same problem using the machine alone? Support will ask you these questions.
 1 user thanked Coah'sNana for this useful post.
ChristineSmith4 on 9/3/2013(UTC)
ChristineSmith4 Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 6:12:32 PM(UTC)
ChristineSmith4

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Thank you for the response. I have never used my I with CCR. I only use it as a stand alone. I will try the restore, because if I update, I probably will not be able to use the original ink cartridges that I have.
Coah'sNana Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 7:10:05 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 13236 time(s) in 3715 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ChristineSmith4 Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for the response. I have never used my I with CCR. I only use it as a stand alone. I will try the restore, because if I update, I probably will not be able to use the original ink cartridges that I have.

You will end up at the most current version after the restore. It should not affect you using original ink cartridges. I still do. It will allow you to use the HP cartridges, though, if/when you choose to. You cannot use those replacements without being at the current level.