Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<8283848586>
Flee57 Offline
#2491 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 6:34:56 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Groups: Registered

Good morning Friends! I hope you all have a beautiful Sunday!

Lizzy how long will you be in NC? Good luck over there!

Later!
imnchghere Offline
#2492 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 7:42:54 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good Sunday morning to all.
Laurie, thanks for the ideas for our trip, but this is going to be a short one and for a society meeting. We will be in Brunswick and have a number of things already planed. Some flexibility, but we will be part of the 150th CW activities. We will stop in CT to spend the night with Jim's cousin. I can't think of where she lives off the top of my head.
Lizzy, I hope you have a successful trip to NC and I agree why settle with something you aren't 100% happy with.
I am making this short for right now. I do need to go to the grocery store and get a few things. I will try to check in later.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2493 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 8:55:38 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello ladies!

I got home yesterday afternoon. My sister was planning on spending yesterday with me so I thought I should come home. hehehe
The night of the high school get together I stayed at my friend's place (the one that just moved back from TX). Tue. my friend from FLA called and said she was in MI so Thur. I scooped her up and we spent two nights at the cottage. We just totally relaxed and caught up. (well...I had a migraine Thur. afternoon so that put a damper on that day Sad ) Anyhow, it was nice. Last night we all went to church (my sister, DS and three of his friends) then had peanut butter cupcakes and ice cream. My sister then spent the evening with me and we did a bit of organizing in my craft area. You wouldn't know it by looking at it but we did make progress.
Can't decide what to do today. I have three major things I would like to do...which to pick??

Lizzy, I hope you have a good trip and find something that you love and works for you. If not, it sounds like you have a good plan.
My niece that lives in Cary is not there right now. They are in NJ and then they are coming here for a visit.

Nancy, the shed is really nice!!! I love the extra touch they did of putting your name on it. :)

Laurie, hope the interview goes well!! ThumpUp

Rhonda, I am thinking about you this weekend. Hope you are enjoying your time having a little one around. Is she a good baby? Hope you got some sleep! haha

Pat, you are just zooming through life! Sounds like your trip will be busy but good!

Well...I need to start my day and decide what to do before it slips away from me.
rm920 Offline
#2494 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 5:32:00 PM(UTC)
rm920

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello all...

Paula glad you had a good time with old friends (sorry about the migraine Sad ) Peanut butter cupcakes...yummm!

Lizzy, I agree about not settling for something you do not like. One of my nephews lives in Apex NC and the other is going to Duke Med School. So maybe I need to visit that area soon. Safe travels to you. Hope you were able to take along some crafting items.

Nancy, the shed turned out awesome. Love the added touch of your name on the window box.

Pat, sorry about the nasty bugs when you tried to help Jim with the yard projects. Have you been having fun with the new photos?

Laurie, love the pages you are creating. Are they all done digitally? When is your next home showing?

Well you asked for it....here are pics of Payton (born 2/26), Micah (born 5/21) and Elwynn Jr (born 7/6)

rm920 attached the following image(s):
Payton 7.14.JPG
Micah Sammuel.jpg
Elwynn Jr..jpg
imnchghere Offline
#2495 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 4:01:17 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Monday morning. Lots on my plate today. I really need to get back to my projects both iside and outside. We are looking at record high temps this week (upper 90's), so I will likely focus on inside. Outside will have to be early am or after sundown.
I want to get my page kits organized and try to decide if I want to do the 3 day crop in mid August. I would like to get all of the kits caught up, and I do better at crops than at home, where I am distracted.
I also want to scrapbook at least some of the old pictures I brought back from Mom's. Enough were identified to get me started, which is great. Not sure I will ever know/figure out who the un-identified ones are.
In the yard I need to work on weeds. We also have a large bush that needs pruning. We are hoping to replace the fence before this winter. It is in really bad shape, so as taken priority on the to do list.
Paula, glad you had a good time with your friends, but sorry about the migraine.
Rhonda, the grands are all adorable. Thanks for sharing them with us. All I have done so far with the pics is attach a few to the people in my family tree. Had to have Jim show me how first.
Hope everyone has a good week.
Nancycs Offline
#2496 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 5:54:00 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

Laurie love you photo on facebook! Very nice. Will you miss that when you move?

Paula sounds like a fun time, other than your migraineThumbDown .

Rhonda you have some beautiful GGbabies! I hope your overnight with Payton was wonderful!

Lizzy I hope you are able to find just the right house and that no one snatches it up before you can!

I took my mom and sister out on Saturday so they could get a few things done around town. Rick and I then met up with friends for a movie and dinner. It was nice to catch up with them. It had been a long time since we had seen them.

Yesterday we worked on getting things in the shed and I planted my flower box.

Well I better get moving! Have a great day everyone!
imnchghere Offline
#2497 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 7:47:47 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. Yesterday was only partially productive. I did get some weeding done in the front yard, but it was just too hot. I didn't notice the gnats, but maybe I wasn't out there long enough.
I also ran to the PO & bank with society business.
Today I am going to print out a few pictures to send to Mom, that I took there. I am wishing I had gotten my BIL to take a pic of sis, mom & me while I was there, but didn't think of it. Mom hates to have her pic taken, so maybe that is why I didn't mention it. I hate hindsight.
I am also going to work on one of my page kits, which is for the spring society meeting. I want that album to be up to date for Maine next month. Hope to finish up those page kits by the weekend.
Jim did a good job of keeping the house tidy/clean, but I want to get back to the purging of the rooms.
Nancy the window/planter box turned out nice. I also like all the shelves inside. We have 2 narrow shelves on each side of ours. One is reserved for garden stuff and small tool things. It gets kind of disorganized, but Jim tidies it up every few weeks, so it is ok. There are a lot of things out there that need to be tossed. I will do that when we get some cool weather and NO gnats in my face.
Time for me to get back to work here. What is everyone else working on this week?

rm920 Offline
#2498 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 5:02:46 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all...

Pat, hope you are surviving the heat in your area. Sounds like a good time to work on indoor tasks this week. Sorry you did not get a pic of you, your mom and sister. I don't like having my pic taken either but I have learned we do not know if or when there will another opportunity. Hope you were able to get all your society work done.

Nancy, yes I survived the night with Payton. She is a really good little baby. She slept all night until 5:30 am! Then after diapering and a bottle, she went back to sleep until about 10 am. WOW! She was such a happy little girl Sunday morning. I love the flowers you planted in the flower box. Enjoy the shed. I know you will be giving good recommendations to the builder!

Paula, what have you been up to?

Lizzy are you traveling? Hope you find just the perfect home.

Laurie, have you had any more showings? Have you heard anything more on the job applications?

Nothing exciting here. Need to get out and do some yard work, but may wait until the weekend. I am hoping for a quiet weekend. Need to get some projects finished!

Hope everyone has a Happy Hump Day!
Nancycs Offline
#2499 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 5:03:55 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

It sure is quiet here.

Pat it is hard when someone doesn't like their picture taken but you want those memories captured. I hope you got a few good ones even if you didn't get one of the 3 of you. We like the shed a lot! Rick wants to put shelves on both sides of the old one to store some of his tools and extra boards. I would rather see it go just because I don't like having 2 sheds. The extra storage is nice though. Did you get your page kit done? How many do you have to get caught up on the society album?

We are in for the hottest day of the year today. Not only hot but humid as well. We will do water play this morning. We will also try to get out as early as possible. We also get out later in the afternoon when it is like this. I imagine we will have another heat advisory today.

I put a pork roast in the slow cooker right before bed so I have now shredded it and it will be ready for lunch today. No cooking here. We will probably make bbq sandwiches with it tonight for dinner too. It will just be too hot to want to do much else. If I could stay in the air conditioned house I might think differently but I am hot and ready for a shower by the time I get inside.

I hope everyone is doing well and has a great day!
Nancycs Offline
#2500 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 5:14:07 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Rhonda you posted just before me! I am glad Payton slept most of the night for you. It is not as easy to get up in the middle of the night with a baby as we get older! I don't know if it was ever easy but you just got used to it. You must not have the heat we have here. Do you still put in long days at work?
imnchghere Offline
#2501 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 6:05:12 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning BigGrin

We have a couple more HOT days, then I guess a front will push through and it will cool down to the 80's.
Rhonda, I am glad you had a good a sleepover with Payton. She does look like a happy baby. I hope you get your *quiet* weekend and can get your projects worked on.

Nancy, I agree on the cooking. We have been keeping the meals light and using the grill. In fact, I need to prep veggies to be grilled for tonight to go with our salmon.

Yesterday I got started on the society album pages. There will only be 2 and one is just the group picture. I could have them done today if I didn't do anything else, but I really need to work on some other things for the society so they can be mailed out. I also have CFS to box up and get in the mail.

I saw on FB that Lizzy is looking at more homes today.

Flee57 Offline
#2502 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 6:39:34 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good morning Friends! It's going to be another hot one here today. it's been hot and humid but not too, too bad.

Nancy, love your little window box! So cute! if you are talking about the photo of my view from my backyard, yes, I will miss that view. Especially in the morning when the sun comes up over the hills in KY. I will miss Rising Sun. It's very quaint but I've had enough quaint for a while. And yum...pork roast and bbq sandwiches sounds good!

Pat, I didn't realize it would be a working getaway. Some time if you ever go back up there just to relax, you should make sure you check those places out. Good luck on getting your society pages done this weekend.

Rhonda, those sure are beautiful babies. I'm so happy that you got to spend some special time with Payton...and that she slept through the night!

Paula, so glad you got to spend time with Friends. Sorry about the migraine though. I have no clue how I would organize all your stuff! LOL

Lizzy, I hope you are having fun looking for a new home. Good luck!

Carrie, what have you been up to?

Ok, the last showing (Sat) went great. They love the house and are very interested. They saw 4 and likes ours best. Now why won't they just make an offer so we can try to get this sold? They are concerned because they have to sell theirs first. Anyway, we'll see.

The interview went well...at least I thought so. So now I just wait for a phone call hopefully. anyway, I guess we'll see on this too. I'm in "we'll see mode"

That's it for now. D and I will be out and about today.

Have a great day y'all!

Later!
lizzyea Offline
#2503 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 9:05:17 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends,

By now many of you have probably read on FB that we bought a home today. Yes, it's true! No hoaxes here. We went to see a 3-level townhome that had been sold back in the spring but the buyer was unable to continue with the purchase. It is being built and is due to be completed in September or perhaps as late as October. I'm not sure when it went back on the market, but fortunately, it was still available this morning and we grabbed it.

It is slightly more than 2200 sq. ft. on a total of three levels. There is a 2-car garage, full bath, and full bedroom on the lowest level. On the middle level is the great room, dining room, powder room, kitchen, and a desk alcove. On the top level is the master bedroom and master bath and two more bedrooms and another full bathroom. There are many upgrades for this home including white kitchen cupboards (love them), crown molding on the second level, and molding around all the windows. It is an end unit, so there are windows on three sides, and the dining room has a bump out to give it more square feet. Oh yeah, I forgot, there is a balcony off the kitchen/dining room which overlooks a wooded area behind which will stay wooded because it has a creek running through it.

Also in this area are single family homes, a swimming pool, clubhouse, a children's park, visiting areas, and a dog park. In another area are some taller buildings with offices on the upper floors and cafes and other shops such as that on the ground level. In that area they are still building a taller apartment building as well. It is about a 5 miles away from Terry's work and will take him about 5 minutes to get there because it is all back roads.

The best part of all is this desk alcove I mentioned on the 2nd floor. It is next to the dining room. It was designed that you could have a desk built into this area. The original owner did not select that option (to have the desk built in) but we are going to ask the builder tomorrow if we could add that. If not, we will come up with another idea. However, that will become my scrapping space. I will install a desk with cupboards and shelves to house my supplies and make that my scrapping area. It will force me to do any necessary down-sizing as well as keeping my space tidy. I am so excited about that because it puts me right into the main part of the house which is what I have always wanted! I can easily work on something and watch TV at the same time - even though I may not be able to be at my scrapping desk, I can carry it into the great room and do it in my chair.

The other fabulous news is that I discovered there is an Archiver's in Raleigh. It is not the most convenient in that it is not down the street, but it IS here in this city! So, that is making me very happy. I don't know if there is a Hobby Lobby....in fact, I'm pretty sure there isn't....but I'll just have to deal with that disappointment!

So....Rhonda, I didn't know that about your nephew....so girl, you had better saddle up your horse and get yourself out here once we get settled. Start thinking about it REAL seriously! I did not get to see the pictures because it was taking FOR-ever for them to open up....so I may have to ask you to send me them separately. Anyway, I'm glad to know that Payton is such a good sleeper and a happy girl!

Pat, stay indoors until this heat wave is over. Thank you very much! When do you leave for Maine?

Paula, so sorry about the migraine! Ugh! You have to come down and visit as well, especially since you have a niece down here!

Honestly, three of you have relatives in this immediate area: Pat, Rhonda, and Paula! I'll just have everyone come down and you can all visit your relatives and THEN we can get down to serious business....scrapping! Hee-hee!

Nancy, the water play sounds great....but then when you feel nasty and sweaty afterwards....ugh!

I felt sweaty all day...finally, after dinner tonight, I took a shower. I just could not go to bed feeling so nasty.

Laurie, I'm so glad the showing went well. Now, they have to sell their house so they can buy yours!

OK...ladies....I'm about to fall asleep. Sorry.....z...z.....z.....z........z...........z.......
imnchghere Offline
#2504 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 1:02:26 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Lizzy, I am so excited for you and your new house sounds like a perfect fit. I hope things continue t o work out.
Pretty sure the only Hobby Lobby is in Burlington (over by Goldsboro). But the Archivers will be wonderful to have. I like our HL, but I wish they were open on Sunday.
Today I have wasted a lot of time, but I did do 2 loads of laundry. I also started the pages for the society album. I had some unexpected society business to tend to, which through me off. One of our original members passed away and I needed to let a few people know.
After that I started the laundry and the pages. I played a little with the old pics while I ate lunch.
Talked to Mom & sister yesterday ad things are going well and Mom continues to improve. She is finished with physical therapy except for exercises she can do at home.
Next will be possibly hip replacement surgery when her back fracture completely heals. That could be another couple months.

Beyond HOT/Humid here today. Monday we should see lower 80's and lower humidity. Finally.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#2505 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 2:40:24 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies!

Super busy here but wanted to pop in and say hi! My cleaning only one day this week turned in to 4 days and Tue. it was almost 7 hours. Probably will be almost that tomorrow. And...two months ago we picked Sat. to cook for my friend with the twins because it was the first day open. So today I went grocery shopping after I did my Thur. house. My niece who lives in Cary NC is in town visiting and wants us to stop in tonight. (we were there last night...)

We have had the horrible hot, humid weather too. I don't know how DS is surviving the heat since he is out all day and dressed from head to toe with a mask too. Ugh! (he still hasn't made it home yet) I just walked to the end of the driveway to get the trash can and I want to hit someone. I don't do heat well anymore!!! Unsure

Ok, when I get a chance to catch up I will be back!!

Oh, LIZZY!! I am so excited for you!!!! woohoo!!Woot
Flee57 Offline
#2506 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2013 8:33:33 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening Friends!

So quiet in here. I hope it's all because you're all so busy doing stuff you love :)

Well, I didn't get that job. I don't know what I said that made them not hire me. Oh well...I'll keep looking. Haven't heard from the last couple who saw the house either. Just wish they would make an offer!

Any great weekend plans?

Later!
lizzyea Offline
#2507 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2013 8:58:48 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends!

Whew! It's been a busy week, but we have accomplished so much; even more than we even hoped we would!

Here's the list:

--found and purchased a new home

--secured financing and already received approval for the loan

--opened an account at the local credit union

--got a local p.o. box since we will be in temporary housing for awhile between leaving CA and moving into our home

--got information about temporary housing here in NC

--decided to downsize to ONE (that's right) large POD and put everything into it; NO MORE THAN THAT

--have come pretty close to making a firm decision on the truck and driving both vehicles from CA to NC

In terms of our home in CA, things continue to move forward:

--termite tenting will occur this upcoming week;

--the purchasers have obtained approval of their loan;

--our realtor managed to calm them down after their inspector griped and whined about every single thing imaginable on the inspection report so we won't have to make ourselves crazy repairing and fixing everything imaginable under the sun;

The only bad news about anything is that I am going to have to unearth a box of IMPORTANT PAPERS and dig out some documents that we need for loan approval on our home purchase and for selling our home. I will be searching for this errant box on Sunday and Monday and probably part of Tuesday. Wish me luck on that baby!

Otherwise, life goes on.

I have been experiencing humidity with heat this past week and it hasn't been that horrible. I think I can handle it. We ate outside the past two evenings and while it was a tad uncomfortable, there was a breeze and we did OK. Surprising, there weren't any mosquitoes. I don't know where they were.

We head back to CA tomorrow and it will be nice to get home. Kat is there waiting for us. Then, we leave again on Wednesday for a trip to San Francisco...until Sunday. That will be it for the vacations until we leave CA and head east!

Paula, how did the cooking go? How did Tay do with the heat and his clothing and mask?

Pat, you are doing well with your old photos and identifying everyone! I'm impressed.

Laurie, what happened in your backyard today? Did your weather ever get any worse?

Rhonda, what sort of plans do you have for the weekend?

Everyone, take care.....I'll hope to check in tomorrow!
imnchghere Offline
#2508 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 6:38:56 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Sunday morning..
Really nasty storms came through last night. LOTS of lightning and flash flood warnings. We have been having internet issues ever since. Everything here is underground, so I am wondering if a box somewhere got zapped. Even my phone was having problems getting a signal. This morning I am using the aircard.
Lizzy, you all are moving forward and before you know it will be getting settled in your new home. Hopefully the buyer's realtor will be able to keep them cool. I think everyone has to try to be picky when it is an older home. I saw that when the house next door sold.
I marvel at how well you have done downsizing. Not sure I could be so strong. But maybe if it was necessary, I could.
Have fun in SF.
Laurie, sorry about the job not working out. I hope you get an offer soon on the house. I see you are working on crafty projects.
Paula, I saw the cooking pic on FB. What do you have going on this week?
Rhonda, hope you are having a good weekend.
I have spent a fair amount of time on the old pictures. Enough of them were identified to help me with ones that weren't. But there are still a couple dozen people that are just BIG ?? marks. I will likely never know who they were/are.
I need to switch focus though and be prepared for the upcoming meeting/trip to Maine. I would like to get the family together before we leave, but not sure it is do-able with all the different schedules and commitments.
Yesterday Jim and I walked with some of the group training for the Disney Princess half marathon. We all start together, but then everyone breaks apart going at their own paces. Many are runners and others are trying to get their paces set. I just walk, so many of them pass me several times. LOL However, other people walking on the path stop me and ask about our group (they don't like to stop someone running), so I am also a spokesperson. I need to carry flyers with me about the playground. Our bright pink shirts are definitely recognized by regulars at the park.
I need to get off the computer for a while and make a plan. Jim is heading out for a walk himself shortly.
rm920 Offline
#2509 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 12:42:37 PM(UTC)
rm920

Good afternoon all...

Laurie, sorry the job didn't work out. Hope you hear from the home buyers soon! How is your weather today?

Pat, I can understand about having photos you cannot identify. I have several of them myself! And not many of the older generation left to help identify them Sad I like the idea about carrying flyers when you are out walking! It could really help get the information out about the cause!

Lizzy - you are so hard to keep up with! So many big changes going on. But exciting times for you and Terry! I will keep my fingers crossed that you find that errant box quickly. Enjoy the time with Kat and your time in San Francisco!

Paula, you have really been on the move as well. Glad you have been able to spend so much time with old friends!

Carrie, what have you been up to.

Nothing exciting going on here. I worked in the yard for quite a while yesterday. It has been so dry I haven't had to do too much mowing but the weeds just never stop growing. I did mow the main yard, then did a lot of weed eating. But the heat and humidity finally go to me and I had to stop. The picked up a few groceries. The rest of the weekend I have been doing paperwork. Want to get it finished so I can spend time this week on scrapping and research!

I talked to SIL today and I will be joining them next Friday night at a casino near Topeka. We will spend the night and enjoy each other! We always have a great time together. Lots of laughing!! Then maybe a bit of shopping before they head home. I will go to the Shrine Football game Saturday evening to watch Amber perform before the game and at half time. She will head to band camp on Tuesday and join other camp members to learn songs and routines to perform. She really enjoys this camp. This is the second year she has been selected to attend.

OK, better get back to the paperwork. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Flee57 Offline
#2510 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 2:07:48 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening Friends!

It's another hot one here but in the 80's instead of 90's. Pat, we had those same kind of storms Fri and Sat Nasty things!

Pat, I think it's awesome that people stop to ask you questions about the playground. They'd be asking me too cause I'd be walking LOL I am going to be talking with my Uncle who I believe has a lot of old family pics. i need to get my hands on some because I don't have any. And he's the oldest so I could probably get most information from him.

Rhonda, sounds like you have a busy weekend coming. And a fun one!

Lizzy hope you have been able to enjoy Kat's company this weekend.

What is everyone else up to?

I have been doing a lot of art journaling because I got a lot more supplies out. Including my rubber stamps! I've been so lonely without them LOL

Well that's it. Gotta make dinner

Later!
Flee57 Offline
#2511 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 10:52:56 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Happy Monday afternoon Friends!

Where are you all?

I have been creating! So it's a happy day!

Later!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2512 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 5:14:11 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!

Been crazy busy around here lately!
I cleaned like 30 hours last week! This coming weekend my SIL and her hubby are coming to visit from NH. She is coming home for her class reunion. They will stay here a few nights and then head north.
Also, my niece and her family have been in town from NC. (Katie's sister) So there has been a lot going on with that.

Pat, I am loving seeing your "new" pictures.

Laurie, I am glad you are having fun with your crafting! I like what you have made! So pretty.

Rhonda, it sounds like you have a fun weekend coming up!

Lizzy, I can't even keep up with you. Are you back home yet?

Nancy, what is new with you? Your shed turned out really nice. Love the flower box too!

imnchghere Offline
#2513 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:18:24 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Hoping everyone is having a great week. I am working on multiple projects. A little of this and a little of that.
Laurie, I am still trying to find the picture of Stephanie. Can't thankk you enough for playing with the tiny version.
lizzyea Offline
#2514 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:29:59 PM(UTC)
lizzyea

Hi friends....

I'm taking a breather right now. Tomorrow, we leave for SFO (early) and the house gets tented for termites. I have spent the day bagging up the food and medicines so the poison they pump into the house to kill the termites doesn't contaminate the food, etc. I'm just about finished now with all of my chores. I still have to unload my things from Kat's closet because that is where the access to the attic is. Then I will be DONE! Then, I will drag the outside garbage can back around to the side of the house. Whoops....I just remembered the spice cupboard....dang!
Oh well...most of those items are going into the trash anyway.

We are moving forward swiftly on selling this house and buying the other one. I think I was supposed to send some papers to the guy in NC, but it just didn't happen. Oh well. I will work on that in SFO while I have time. I will find them on my computer and save them on my desktop so I can readily print them and have them ready to be scanned and sent off.

I intended, when we were in NC, to do a bunch of cleaning up of my computer. I want to rid it of all of my school files, downloading them to jump drives; and download all my pictures to my external drive. My computer is running pretty slowly, probably because of its age more than anything else, but removing lots of the files and photos can't hurt a thing, can it? I never got around to doing that while we were in NC because we were so busy. I should have more time in SFO while Terry is working, so I hope to take the time to do that. There's no money for a new computer for me right now so I have to "make do" with what I have for now.

When we get back, everything for selling this house should be "full speed ahead." At that point, I think the "stager" will be able to come back and get their stuff and we can get extremely serious about moving. We are planning on one large POD and if it doesn't fit, we don't take it. I hope Terry doesn't change his mind about that! LOL

Rhonda, how was your weekend at the casino? Pat, what is the playground thing? Can you please remind me about that? Laurie, I know you have an Open House coming up.....I'll be crossing all fingers and toes for that! Paula, the photo of cooking food looked really neat. Why were you cooking?

I also have about 12 thank you notes to write so I need to also do that in SFO. Is that what you call a "working vacation?" Oh well....I need to get it all done!

Everyone take care....I'll try to check in while I'm up there in my favorite city!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2515 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 5:46:38 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RHONDA!!!

Enjoy your day!! :)
How was your weekend?

Lizzy, it sounds like your life is a whirlwind!! You have a good plan for getting some things done while you are away.
The cooking was for my friend with the twins. She has a three year old too and is back to work so meals have been a challenge for her.

Laurie, I really like what you have been doing with your paper! :) Is that water color as a base? Pretty!

I just looked out my kitchen window to see a mama deer with two spotted fawns eating the mulberries off the ground on our hill. So very close!! Cool! :)
imnchghere Offline
#2516 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 5:58:53 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Good Morning and Happy Birthday Rhonda !!!!
imnchghere Offline
#2517 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 1:32:30 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Lizzy, here is the link to the playground website http://sophieandmadigans...yground.org/homepage.php

Busy day here as I have tried to focus on things that need to be taken care of before the weekend. Entire family will be here Saturday plus extended extras. Love that others will be helping with the foo, but I will have to get the house tidied up and everything put away. Won't have time to do anything Saturday am, since we have the playground training run or in my case walk. This time I will have info cards to hand out, so I need to print them. Celebrating 4 family birthdays also, so need a cake and one of our special candles.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Flee57 Offline
#2518 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 1:35:57 PM(UTC)
Flee57

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY RHONDA!!!!!
rm920 Offline
#2519 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 5:51:55 PM(UTC)
rm920

Thanks for the birthday wishes. It has been a nice day. My friend surprised me at work this morning with a cake to share with my co-workers. It was delicious.

Paula, my weekend with the girls is this weekend. I am taking Friday afternoon off and will head up to the casino to meet the sisters. We will have a great time just visiting and playing games in our room. We will also eat at the restaurant in the casino. I am not much of a gambler so will be glad to just catch up with everyone.

Pat you have a very busy weekend planned. Happy Birthday to all who are celebrating!

Paula, you have been very busy cleaning recently. And I know the mother of the little ones who you helped cook for really appreciates having good nutritious meals ready at the end of the day!

Laurie, you are sure having fun with your crafts now. Hope your open house brings some good news.

I just heard from Amber. She is loving band camp. Can't wait to see her performance on Saturday.

Ok, I need to get off here and get some work done.
Nancycs Offline
#2520 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 5:44:40 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Happy Belated Birthday Rhonda! So sorry I missed it yesterday!