Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

SuzieQue Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 3:18:55 PM(UTC)
SuzieQue

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Okay ladies lets not panic anymore I had a really nice talk with support today. She answered all my questions .. which were many. Most of my errors and problems were caused from being scared and panicked about my Gypsy.

Things I learned: 1) Don't panic... they told me there really isn't anything they can't help you fix.
2) Mac users we are spoiled because we don't have to worry about virus prevention BUT that means we need to do something
different when we get a Bridge problem or a security problem. Reach behind you computer and press the button to restart
your computer. Then you can start again with the Sync download. Worked like a charm. When you get to the button for
Trouble shoot answer Yes, No, No, No, Yes (Don't ask me why just do it.) Then you can restart your gypsy. Follow the
directions on the right. Again worked like a charm.
3) Ok I panicked and bought 4 Gypsies .. that's right 4 ... You can get the registration changed to your name. You can have
more than one gypsies registered but you can only load the cart. one time. She said unless I run over my Gypsy with my car
there should be no reason to load cart. on to a new gypsy.
4) There are free fixes for all the common problems .. the connection thingy breaking, a blank screen, blue light only on, etc.
5) Ladies if you sell your cart. and have a problem then by the rules you are out of luck .. they told you to KEEP the cart. and not
sell them.
6) For those of us that panicked an bought other used (linked) cart. or Gypsies .. we did nothing wrong the sellers did ... the
Provo police will not arrest you BUT if you loose them off the Gypsy then .. well you didn't own them to start with. The seller is
the one you need to be mad at.
Hope this helps - They really do understand and they are listening to our concerns .. like mine I can't get CCR out it in the forest by the lake. I want my Gypsy!!! Oh and if you download CCR on to your ipad it will not blow up ... I know but I'm a lover and crafter not a computer nerd.

Edited by user Thursday, May 30, 2013 10:51:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked SuzieQue for this useful post.
MaryStillman on 5/28/2013(UTC), cindler on 6/2/2013(UTC)
LisaDickinson Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2013 8:58:42 PM(UTC)
LisaDickinson

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Do you mean if I get Security Breach error I can just re-sync and it'll be ok? Error was on Gypsy, not computer. Happened after I used Cricut Sync and wasted an hour of my life.
SuzieQue Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 1:17:34 PM(UTC)
SuzieQue

I'm not smart enough to know for sure but if it is a Mac you need to restart your Mac then reload the Sync and then it worked fine for me. You do need to restart your gypsy also. That's that part about yes, No, NO. No. yes to the troubleshooting questions. Then it goes through it's thing (directions on the right) and restarts, clean as a whistle.
cindler Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 02, 2013 8:22:41 PM(UTC)
cindler

We can download CCR to the iPad???? I need more information on this.
SuzieQue Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 6:04:25 PM(UTC)
SuzieQue

I think it is just like downloading it to my computer ... go to the Cricut. com ... click on craft room and download to any portable computer PC or Mac ... there is a button to click on to download it to your computer. If you can get on the internet with your ipad you can download the Craft Room to it. Now you may need lots of memory because my Gypsy will take 70,000 images which if I am right is about full 1000 cart. I do know you can add memory to your computer so it would seem you would have enough. Call support .. I have had really good luck talking to them.
scrapalette Online
#6 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 6:39:42 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18391 time(s) in 8170 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cindler Go to Quoted Post
We can download CCR to the iPad???? I need more information on this.

You need to use an app like Puffin or iSwiffer to use CCR on your iPad. But you can only design and not cut your designs.
SuzieQue Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2013 6:18:01 PM(UTC)
SuzieQue

Another reason to keep the Gypsy ...
SuzieQue Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 5:21:34 AM(UTC)
SuzieQue

Update for those that have gotten stuck buying linked cart. I am making progress in educating ebay to not sell cart that are linked or at least fair warn people. I have noticed more people are telling people in the title that it is linked. That way Gypsy owners will not buy unaware of the link. People with only a cutting machine from Cricut can still use it. And the seller that told me 'Buyer Beware' is now making a real effort to work out the problem with people she sells to ..
scrapalette Online
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 7:35:14 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18391 time(s) in 8170 post(s)
Whether people say a cart is linked or not, it's still against the EULA to sell a linked cart. When sellers state the cart is linked, ebay's VERO program already flags it as a copyright violation.

If people wouldn't buy linked carts, there wouldn't be a market for them.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
shetzel4148c6dc413 on 7/23/2013(UTC)
SuzieQue Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 12:51:33 PM(UTC)
SuzieQue

I agree 100% but ebay does not accept that. I have filed a grivence and they and the seller said buyer beware.... So more like me will buy with out knowing it is linked. It is kind of that one step forward thing ... WE will never by ourselves fight ebay and the illegal selling of the linked cart. But one by one we can annoy the @#$% out of them. That is my purpose of posting the progress with ebay ... to protect those of us that have ethical standards not to buy or sell a linked cart. I am still stuck with a $90.00 unusable cart... if I can prevent one person from this I'd feel better. A buyer like me did not intend to buy a linked cart. .. if they mark it linked then we will be able to more easily avoid an illegal sell. They have to do that for other legal items but not for linked cart. When I buy a used unlinked cart ... I note that the seller has said it is an unlinked cart. I post "Honest and trust worthy seller." I also posted on the person that sold the illegal cart. to me "As the seller said 'buyer beware' .. "
SuzieQue Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 12:54:01 PM(UTC)
SuzieQue

Just saw the ebay VERO program note .. well they did not do that in my case.. they told me to go fly a kite. And they are still letting people sell linked cart with a buyer beware attitude.