Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

merm11143bf09ea Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, August 06, 2012 10:36:24 AM(UTC)
merm11143bf09ea

Groups: Registered

I am incredibly disappointed in this product! The e2 does NOT work in craft room if you are using a Mac. I have been getting kicked out and blocked repetedly since I started using my machine about one week ago. I made countless calls, and just found out today that provocraft is aware of this issue and the product development team is working on it. That would be fine if I didn't have a deadline! I never would have invested any money, or more importantly, time, in this product if I had known that my Mac would not be able to work with this feature. VERY DISAPPOINTED! DON'T BUY THIS MACHINE IF YOU HAVE A DEADLINE AND ARE WORKING ON A MAC!!!
MsHope2012 Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 6:23:40 AM(UTC)
MsHope2012

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I also started using a MacBookPro with the Craft Room...Ugh, what a nightmare! I also keep getting kicked off. My other laptops are PCs and not nearly a 1/10 as powerful as the MAC yet it is really difficult for the Cricut to recognize the Mac. Also, it always says that it doesn't recognize the cartridge.I have to log out of the CCR and/or turn the E2 off and on. I have to physically tap on the cart icon on my E2 for it to be recognized. Then, when I finally start cutting, IT STOPS AND SHUTS DOWN! I thought it was just me. On my PC, the CCR would just be slow and freeze.

It's sad because I like the CCR, I just wish it would work on my brand-new $2500 computer!
Austinsnana Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2012 3:16:18 PM(UTC)
Austinsnana

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Great my husband just today bought me a new I-Mac. I had hoped I would not have any issues but guess that is to much to ask for.
I have only a few digital things in CCR so I guess I just won't be using it.
May now consider selling my E2 , gypsy and all carts and go with the cameo after all.
janetelleryad86b2c35 Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:28:37 PM(UTC)
janetelleryad86b2c35

I too, am having trouble. It constantly tells me "no usable device" while in the middle of printing. Or it says, "USB unplugged" yet again, I'm printing. It constantly requires me to turn off the e2, close out of CCR and then turn it back on and log back in! Has there been any updates with this problem?

Highly dissatisfied.
jcrafterj Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 1:30:57 PM(UTC)
jcrafterj

I've had so many issues with this new Expression 2, CCR and my Mac. I've called them three times, all with different "troubleshooting" goose chases for me to go on. The most recent was "try using a shorter USB cord to connect it to your Mac" and "call your internet provider to see if your internet is cutting out briefly during peak times and causing it to lose its connection." Apparently, CCR has to be in constant contact with the Internet/main servers, and they are telling me that Verizon Fios Mac users have trouble.

I'm so done with this.
babyboo266c4d952ee Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 9:17:48 AM(UTC)
babyboo266c4d952ee

I too am having the same connectivity issues with using my Expression 2 with my MAC computer. I've tried so many times over the year that I've had the machine. The E2 will recognize my computer when I first log in but then after I use the CCR to create a project and try to cut it looses connection with the computer and I'm unable to cut. I too am a MAC/ Verizon FIOS user. Has there been any firmware updates to fix this problem?? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I really would like to use the CCR on my MAC it would make this product so much more worth it. HELP!!! Extremely frustrated. Mad