Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

craftybeautydiva2e9cb2f3 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 9:52:57 AM(UTC)
craftybeautydiva2e9cb2f3

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi, my name is Maria 36 from the Dallas,Tx area. I am a long time crafter,espically scrapbooking..well I did take a one or yr break due to my depression & my hubby as always encouraged me to get back into scrapbooking since I love it so much. he even one year let me buy most of what was on my wish list scrapbooking wise with half of our income tax money in which I got the cricut1 or baby bug as I am calling it. well I have done quite a few projects but will stop for alittle while then go again head on. but still need some support i guess. i don't have anyone near me that love to scrapbook (although i have been working @ a crafts store for 2 yrs now. i feel lost after taking such a long break, & some of my coworkers said to go @ my own pace & start trying the new things we carry. but i feel um like i should still all know & use everything if this is making any since. anyways i am using my baby bug also for the first time in a long time, need any advice both how to get back into scrapbooking,creating etc & using the baby bug1 that i love so much..
We lost one of my sister in laws earlier this year who LOVED my cards & my crafts & always supported me (along with the rest of the family) so i feel like i owe it to her & all of them to to continue on what i love & not let my sadness due me in (i am not crazy i promise you, just had some hard things happen to me in the last few years)
Anyways as i am typing this i am working on a family scrapbook for my hubby's side of the family for our upcoming reunion @ the end of next month. My husband is also encouraging me without going over board to start buying more supplies to tweak my creative juices..
again a i am very sorry for posting such a personal letter,but felt the need to do so..thank you..i am glad to be apart of the community.-MariaBlushing
Kiethann Online
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 10:02:46 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 456 time(s) in 341 post(s)
You have one sweet husband. NEVER give up on yourself. Believe in yourself. I am sending you a PM (personal Message) Would like to see some of your crafts and cards.
 2 users thanked Kiethann for this useful post.
craftybeautydiva2e9cb2f3 on 7/17/2013(UTC), JodeyCashman on 8/27/2013(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 12:23:36 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18426 time(s) in 8189 post(s)
Welcome to the MBs! You can find lots of help and inspiration here. There are sub-forums for the different machines and software and for different types of projects {cards, LOs, vinyl, etc}.

And don't forget to check out the Project Center. People post their projects with instructions o making them including the sizes to cut images and/or .ccr files.
JoyceG Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 2:19:29 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 884 time(s) in 576 post(s)
Welcome back into scrapbooking!!! I took a 2 year break from scrapbooking and just made cards during that time. But I ended up feeling like all my hard work making them was being wsted..I felt like people didnt appreciate them and just threw them in the trash. I know..selfish weird thinking on my part...but my feelings are important too. So I made the decision to go back to scrapbooking so I can keep and look at my work thru the years.

I bought me an expressions machine 2 years ago and have made a few layouts with it. I can't do as much scrapping as I'd like to do because of neck and back pain. But it's my passion and its what I like to do. so just don't get feeling over whelmed now that you are back into scrapping. Take your time and please share everything you make :)

Joyce
 1 user thanked JoyceG for this useful post.
craftybeautydiva2e9cb2f3 on 7/17/2013(UTC)
Runningmomof2 Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 2:26:55 PM(UTC)
Runningmomof2

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1075 time(s) in 503 post(s)
Being depressed is not the same as being crazy. Not need to worry anyone here will think you are crazy. I am sorry you have had the hard years. Here's wishing that getting to using your toys will help bring you out of this. Also, anytime you need to talk know there are a lot of people who will help you and know the anonymity might help you say things you could not tell someone in person.
 1 user thanked Runningmomof2 for this useful post.
DonnaMiller7 Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:23:45 PM(UTC)
DonnaMiller7

Hi Maria I understand I also lost a family member in May and others in the past. Doing things you love to do helps keep depression at bay. Check out the CTMH Artbooking cartridge. It is not out for sale till August 1 but has lots of frames, borders and other cuts for scrapbooing. Also When I was a Kid and A Childs first year. I started with the baby bug and have added the expression. I have been watching this board a log time and your post touched my heart and I had to post. Let me know what you think of these cartridges. Donna
jenny_dennis Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 7:30:30 PM(UTC)
jenny_dennis

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 12424 time(s) in 3061 post(s)
HI Maria,
My name is Jenny and guess what! I live in the Dallas areaBigGrin. I'm sorry you have had a rough time, but glad you decided to post here, I have had my machines since the beginning but only in the last year started coming on the message board mostly for the same reason, that I did not have anyone around me who shared my passion for paper. It was the best decision I could have made the people on here are very talented share alot of ideals and if your having trouble with anything just post it in the general chat and there will be someone to come along and help you out,there are also alot of funny post,I have made alot of friends on here in a very short time some I will never be able to meet in person,but still have a friendship with them.Would love to get to know you better.

JennyBigGrin
 1 user thanked jenny_dennis for this useful post.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 3:10:35 PM(UTC)
craftybeautydiva2e9cb2f3

Originally Posted by: Kiethann Go to Quoted Post
You have one sweet husband. NEVER give up on yourself. Believe in yourself. I am sending you a PM (personal Message) Would like to see some of your crafts and cards.

thanks so much..i am trying to figure out how to post my stuff on here..i only have my laptop & my phone..not sure how to import..
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 3:12:59 PM(UTC)
craftybeautydiva2e9cb2f3

Originally Posted by: jennydennis Go to Quoted Post
HI Maria,
My name is Jenny and guess what! I live in the Dallas areaBigGrin. I'm sorry you have had a rough time, but glad you decided to post here, I have had my machines since the beginning but only in the last year started coming on the message board mostly for the same reason, that I did not have anyone around me who shared my passion for paper. It was the best decision I could have made the people on here are very talented share alot of ideals and if your having trouble with anything just post it in the general chat and there will be someone to come along and help you out,there are also alot of funny post,I have made alot of friends on here in a very short time some I will never be able to meet in person,but still have a friendship with them.Would love to get to know you better.

JennyBigGrin

Thanks Jenny! I live in Garland, love it..thanks for your kind words also..i am pushing thru..i am scrappin tonight b4 dinner I haven an instagram account if I can't figure out how to post here..i am not sure I will ever be ready for the expression.. I love my baby bugg to much..
 1 user thanked craftybeautydiva2e9cb2f3 for this useful post.
jenny_dennis on 7/17/2013(UTC)
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 3:15:23 PM(UTC)
craftybeautydiva2e9cb2f3

Originally Posted by: DonnaMiller7 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Maria I understand I also lost a family member in May and others in the past. Doing things you love to do helps keep depression at bay. Check out the CTMH Artbooking cartridge. It is not out for sale till August 1 but has lots of frames, borders and other cuts for scrapbooing. Also When I was a Kid and A Childs first year. I started with the baby bug and have added the expression. I have been watching this board a log time and your post touched my heart and I had to post. Let me know what you think of these cartridges. Donna

thank you donna, I was kind hesitant to post that but I knew I needed help..i will be on the look out for the cartridge..the next one I really really really want is a hello kitty one..my hubby's been online to find one or just have some images from it..i am a hello kitty lover...lol thanks for posting
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 3:17:13 PM(UTC)
craftybeautydiva2e9cb2f3

Originally Posted by: Runningmomof2 Go to Quoted Post
Being depressed is not the same as being crazy. Not need to worry anyone here will think you are crazy. I am sorry you have had the hard years. Here's wishing that getting to using your toys will help bring you out of this. Also, anytime you need to talk know there are a lot of people who will help you and know the anonymity might help you say things you could not tell someone in person.

thank you so much..glad no one thought I was crazy..I used my baby bugg for the first time yesterday in a long time & forgot how much I LOVE it! I appricate the advice
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 3:20:25 PM(UTC)
craftybeautydiva2e9cb2f3

Originally Posted by: JoyceG Go to Quoted Post
Welcome back into scrapbooking!!! I took a 2 year break from scrapbooking and just made cards during that time. But I ended up feeling like all my hard work making them was being wsted..I felt like people didnt appreciate them and just threw them in the trash. I know..selfish weird thinking on my part...but my feelings are important too. So I made the decision to go back to scrapbooking so I can keep and look at my work thru the years.

I bought me an expressions machine 2 years ago and have made a few layouts with it. I can't do as much scrapping as I'd like to do because of neck and back pain. But it's my passion and its what I like to do. so just don't get feeling over whelmed now that you are back into scrapping. Take your time and please share everything you make :)

Joyce

Thanks Joyce! I know my family really enjoys my work, & besides us losing crystal I knew I had to continue on my work. my Hubby is going to give me $20 or more on Friday & send me to the crafts store, then hold my receipts so I don't get tempted to take stuff back (I sometimes feel bad spending even though we have the money & he thinks if I had more supplies that will have my creative juices flowing more..lol ok let's go.. I will share if I can figure out how to do so..

Kiethann Online
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 3:37:18 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 456 time(s) in 341 post(s)
I have the Hello Kitty cartridge and if you ever need anything cut from it PLEASE let me know.