Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

scrapnchic79 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 7:50:21 AM(UTC)
scrapnchic79

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 119 post(s)
I have been away from the scrapbooking world for about 2 years now but I am coming back. But that means I have to pretty much start over since I sold most of all my bigger items. I was wondering which is better the Expression or Expression 2? What are the differences between the two? Thanks in advance for your help and info.
dorichatelain44314a80 Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 9:30:59 AM(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Welcome back to the scrapbooking world.

I have never had an expression. But I do have the expression 2 and I love it.

I think the main difference is the expression has a keyboard and the expression 2 is all on screen....
JoyceG Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 4:47:44 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 884 time(s) in 576 post(s)
I've only had the expressions and I love using it with CCR and working on a large computer screen. But I guess both works well with CCR. If I was to buy another machine..I'd buy another Expressions and not the E2.

Joyce
DBCMC Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 9:24:16 AM(UTC)
DBCMC

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1597 time(s) in 919 post(s)
I have the expression and I also have the mini.... I use the mini most of all with either my gypsy or the ccr. For me personally the E2 screen is just too small for me to use comfortably.

Not sure if I was helpful, but glad to see that you getting back into crafting!!
 1 user thanked DBCMC for this useful post.
JoyceG on 7/15/2013(UTC)
TammyPuckett Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 9:28:59 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 319 time(s) in 181 post(s)
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! my Expression! It is such a versatile machine. You can use the 12 X 12 mats & 12 X 24 mats with it! It works great with the CCR, Gypsy or as a stand alone machine!
 1 user thanked TammyPuckett for this useful post.
JoyceG on 7/15/2013(UTC)
joyfullycrafting Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 9:29:23 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1392 time(s) in 1102 post(s)
I have never owned an E2, and I know some love theirs, and others do not.

My E is sadly aging and dying a slow death. Someday I will replace her with another Expressions.

I also have an Imagine, which I love, and a baby bug to travel with. And a Gypsy. I do so LOVE my Gypsy, and was very very very sad when they were discontinued. I have no interest in CCR and a computer based program.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
JoyceG on 7/15/2013(UTC)
GayleWheaton1 Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 11:14:12 AM(UTC)
GayleWheaton1

United States

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 39 post(s)
BigGrin Well, with the number of people I've worked with/taught, I can say that the regular Expression is SO much easier to use than the E 2 that I give totally different intro classes for them because the E2 people don't like hearing "To change the size of your image, tap on Image, tap to get the image onto the Queue, tap it again to get the edit Pop-Up, tap on the Change Size Icon to get the measurement Pop-Up, now tap (or tap & hold) to increase or decrease the size" and then hearing me tell the Expression people to just "move the dial on the right".

If you've never had a Cricut before, & so you're learning how to do everything, then you'll probably be fine with the E2 because that's the only way you (will) know how to cut images. Usually it's the people who've had a Cricut before that are annoyed at all of the extra 'steps' required to do the same thing that the 'keypad' machines do with buttons & dials.
The E2 comes with 2 (or more, depending upon the offer) carts loaded inside the machine (the E has a physical cart - or more, depending upon the offer). However, you can't 'load' any other carts onto it - It's NOT a Gypsy.It does show you the size & placement of your image on the mat, but to move it somewhere else (or your blade) takes a number of screens to achieve that(I frankly love to have the ability to just use the directional arrowsCool ).
'Vintage' people (& I'm one of them!) can also have an issue with the fixed position & size of the viewscreen. Unlike the Gypsy, you can't weld things together or you enlarge the mat size to have good visuals of 1".

My grandfather had a saying that the more improvements on something, the more things that can go wrong...
Anyway, that's just my opinionBlushing
 1 user thanked GayleWheaton1 for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 7/28/2013(UTC)
sewnmachine Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 2:21:38 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 335 time(s) in 221 post(s)
Scrapnchic,

Just get the Expression. The E2 really doesn't have any "MUST HAVE" advantages over the regular Expression. What the E2 does seem to have is alot more fiddling around.

Get an Expression. Play with it as a stand alone machine, and then play with it using Cricut Craft Room. Once you're comfortable with CCR and working on a "virtual" mat you might then want to get an E2.Or the E2 might get some super updates that really puts it head and shoulders above the E. But for right now, in this moment in time, the E is pretty much considered a reliable work horse.

1 user thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
JoyceG on 7/15/2013(UTC)