Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
TurtleBug Offline
#91 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 2:14:08 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 905 time(s) in 576 post(s)
Lisa and Dee,
Thanks so much for working together and getting Wednesday’s new challenge put together. It is good to know that we all care enough about this thread to work together to help keep it going when the need arises… (such as vacations, illnesses, personal stuff, etc.). I know we are each having to Host more often since we have a small group. But, hopefully the newbies will soon feel comfortable enough to Host and some of the older ones that have left (for whatever reason) will return and all will be back to normal. Maybe we should extend the Challenge to two weeks (as Dee suggested) for the next two months??? Things usually slow down on the entire MB during the summer and picks-up during Winter as we all hibernate and have more crafting time on our hands.

Well, Dee…
As for the heat we are already hibernating just to stay cool. It was like 112 here yesterday! The city blew out two transformers around town and some people were left with no electricity for a while making things worse. On top of that the Monsoon season has started and we are having a HUGE fire from lightning up north of Phoenix and lost 19 Firefighters from the same Firehouse, in the blaze. So sad and tragic!
We had lightning and thunder, but no rain last evening. Hope we get rain today here and in the whole state, especially up in Yarnell where the fire is.
Thanks Again!

Edited by user Monday, July 01, 2013 6:09:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#92 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 2:32:34 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2545 time(s) in 1320 post(s)
Thanks Lisa for offering to host later this week. I think extending the challenge to a two week challenge instead of weekly is a great idea. Let's give that a try for the next several months and see how it works out.

For those that like a weekly challenge you are can always make two sets of the sketches one for each week. Activity is down on the MB in every area, not just this thread so in an effort to keep it going a 2 week challenge might help more people feel better about participating.

Would love to see some oldie back as well.

Another thought is (if it is OK with Dee) is to at least post a new set of ad colors each week and that way those that get their cards done the first week, will have a new set of colors to work with the second week SOUND GOOD????

Plus with us going on vacation we may have time to sneak in a card during the two week challengeBigGrin
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 7/2/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#93 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 7:20:38 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Ladies,
A heads-up just in case you get the urge to Log-in during the wee hours of the morning!LOL
Let's pray they use this down time to finally fix the posting problems on this MB!!ThumpUp

Cricut.com will be down for maintenance from 2:00 am to 3:00 am MST on 7/2.

Edited by user Monday, July 01, 2013 7:23:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
LadybugJett Offline
#94 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 8:13:59 PM(UTC)
LadybugJett

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 22 post(s)
First of all, I guess since I have been an off and on (okay more off) member of this challenge for several years, I should take a turn hosting. I will do it in 2 weeks after Lisa if that's okay with everyone. Since it's summer, I have more time. I promise I won't leave y'all hanging if you decide to let me host.

Dee, I loved your sketches. Challenging but whimsical. I've never made an easel card and I think I might skip that EC this time. Your cards are beautiful and look like they took a lot of time with all the stamping. The ad colors are really pretty, too.

NanaDonna, your shirt is too cute. Your sympathy card is beautiful. Your birthday card is beautiful in its simplicity. I love the layering. The blue and yellow reminds me of a quilt, so pretty. The dimensions on your cactus card is great. Your extra credit card is lovely.

Gisele, such detail on your card and on the inside too. Wow!

BingoLady, I really like the real roses growing in the pot. And, who could not "Be Happy" with those bright fun colors. Great job on your easel card, you are inspiring me to maybe try one.

Hannah, Wow! It looks like a piece of art and not a card. Your second card is just as lovely and jumping off the card. - Whoa! You made those flowers?!?! No way, they look great! The third is sooo pretty, too.

Turtlebug, fun birthday card but I really like the missing you card. The ad colors look great in your card. The enjoy your trip card was such a cute idea! Your baseball card is great. I love shaped cards and cutting his name out made it even more awesome.

LisaW, your pinwheel is so fun! The together card is inspiring me to make something similar for my hubby! The gears are so cute. I'm always looking for ideas for guys. Your icecream card is yummy. I like the look of the sewn banners, you got some great stuff. Your thank you easel is very pretty. The proportions are great on it.

My sketch #2 is for mom to give the lady who owns the quilt shop since her husband died this week. I'm hoping it doesn't look "too cutesy" for a sympathy card.

My sketch #3 is another postcard for my son who is working at a camp. He has been given the job of taking care of chickens in a living history exhibit so the rooster's a joke, the letters on the banners are the initials for the camp. I just hope my rooster isn't too thick that the mailman won't think it's a postcard.
LadybugJett attached the following image(s):
IMG_3704.jpg
IMG_3708.jpg
 2 users thanked LadybugJett for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 7/2/2013(UTC), TurtleBug on 7/2/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#95 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 10:11:48 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 706 time(s) in 538 post(s)
Hi everyone. My computer problems seem to be getting worse, at least when it comes to this pop-up security message. Does anyone know enough about computers to help me with this? It pops up every time I click to a different screen and then I have to click it several times to get it to close. Then it comes back. Very frustrating.

I'll be putting the colors up with the sketches and having new ones for next week will not be a problem. Back to trying to figure out this computer problem.

Dee
Kiethann Offline
#96 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 12:08:53 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 459 time(s) in 343 post(s)
Just browsing and love all of the cards made from the sketches. tried to post a pic the way I used to but now photobucket is asking for facebook. do you have to have a face book account to post pictures? I use photobucket but it is asking for facebook to send the picture to here. thanks for any help.
BingoLady Offline
#97 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 12:55:05 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 915 time(s) in 615 post(s)
Dee, thankyou so much for hosting with your nice sketches.

And Lisa thankyou so much for hosting, I also want to keep this going.
I enjoy doing this, even if I can't see or talk to you ladies' I have made
alot of friends. I'm okay with the two weeks, for awhile.Love Love

Wonderful cards ladies.
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 7/2/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#98 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 2:34:33 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone. My computer problems seem to be getting worse, at least when it comes to this pop-up security message. Does anyone know enough about computers to help me with this? It pops up every time I click to a different screen and then I have to click it several times to get it to close. Then it comes back. Very frustrating.

I'll be putting the colors up with the sketches and having new ones for next week will not be a problem. Back to trying to figure out this computer problem.

Dee

Gosh Dee sorry you are having all those problems. Is the security pop-up from your Virus Protection? I would go in and clean out all your cookies (I have to do this every once in awhile in order to even log in, in fact I had to do it before I logged in this time) it is good to do it every now and again anyways. Then I would do a disk clean up and see if that helps. If you need specific instruction on how to do this let me know.
Not sure this would work but it is a couple things worth trying that won't hurt anything.

*NanaDonna* Offline
#99 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 2:38:59 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: Kiethann Go to Quoted Post
Just browsing and love all of the cards made from the sketches. tried to post a pic the way I used to but now photobucket is asking for facebook. do you have to have a face book account to post pictures? I use photobucket but it is asking for facebook to send the picture to here. thanks for any help.

Kiethann - you do not have to have a Facebook to use Photobucket. I use Photobucket all the time to post my pictures here and it works fine. I do have a Facebook but my accounts are in no way tied together.
Maybe you are picking up the wrong link to post a picture here.
You need to copy the link that is called "direct link" then click the mountain icon in the tool bar above and insert that link there. Hope this helps

Kiethann Offline
#100 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 3:19:24 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

thanks I will try doing a post later.
Kiethann Offline
#101 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 3:25:47 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

here is my card from sketch 3card from sketch 3 thanks NanaDonna for your help. it worked.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 02, 2013 3:30:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: edited typo

1 user thanked Kiethann for this useful post.
DeeScraps Offline
#102 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 4:46:43 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 706 time(s) in 538 post(s)
Thanks Nana Donna. As far as I can tell, it's a malware that I've picked up. It is made to look like the Security Alert from Windows, but it's not. I have cleaned and scanned, and I now have a call in to a friend that usually helps me with the computer.

Keithann...so glad you got to post your card. Love that embossing folder and how you put the age on the front in the banners. Very nice.

I actually got a simple Easel Card done today after I gave up on the computer. I still have to add a sentiment but wasn't sure how I would use the card yet. The stamp is a new one just out from Magnolia Stamps and she's colored with Copics. The papers are from a 6 x 6 Heidi Grace Paper Pad called Sunflowers. The shell borer on the top is from a MS punch and the shell on the bottom is from a die by Di-namics from My Favorite Things. I put two of them together and put a little pearl in the middle. LOL. I've also got some Stickles mixed in there.

Dee

[img=http://][/img]

LisaW. Offline
#103 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 8:28:20 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Dee: Thank you for the wonderful sketches this week and the extra credit...kinda fun trying all these new card styles. Sketch #1 is adorable with the banner with the baby's name...love the colors you chose. Fantastic sketch #2 with the mermaid and the embelishments of the wheel, seashell, etc. Very nice sketch #3...great way to do the banner. Great choice of colors this week. So glad you got your easel card done...wonderful embellishment with the seashell and the stamp is perfect.

NanaDonna: Absolutely love the little shirt...so precious. Beautiful "sympathy" card in the ad colors. Gorgeous sketch #1...black/red/white is the best combination. Sketch #3 in the checks is wonderful...what embossing folder is that? 2 different check patterns...I am going to try that. Great easel card...love the "desert" look with the cactus. Stunning easel card in the greens/white...beautiful flower and the dragonfly.

Gisele: Wonderful job on the bendi card...looks perfect to me.

BingoLady: Very nice sketch #2. I love seeing all your embossing folders but looks great without it. Great "be happy" cord...very colorful but looks great. Wonderful easel card...great job in using "scraps." I thought the same thing when I was doing mine...sure could get rid of a lot of sraps on those.

Hannah: Wow...your easel cards is absolutely gorgeous and love the color combination. Another gorgeous cards in the greens...stunning. I just can't stop ooohing and aahhhing (sp?) over your flowers...love them all and the colors are beautiful.

Turtlebug: Boo-boo or not your card is great. Glad you knew how to fix it...me I would have scrapped it and started over:). Beautiful sketch #2 in the ad colors. Love the script embossing folder. A fun sketch #3 with the "road signs." Absolutely love how you did your easel card in the baseball theme...great job. Congrats to Joey on his baseball.
My pattern paper from the pinwheel is actually the stamp itself making those patterns(CTMH)...I used "lagoon" color for the blue and the red was just an old cheapy one.

LadybugJett: Adorable "whazzup" card. Great idea on using the "extra cuts." Great sketch #1 with the banner...I will have to check out that cartridge a little more:). Sorry about the loss but the card is very nice. Cute little rooster.

Kiethann: Great job on the banner...love it. Nice color combination too:)

Ladies: Enjoy your vacation.

I have my sketches ready and as soon as I figure out how to get them posted I will be back.

Lisa
 1 user thanked LisaW. for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 7/2/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#104 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 8:54:22 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: LadybugJett Go to Quoted Post
First of all, I guess since I have been an off and on (okay more off) member of this challenge for several years, I should take a turn hosting. I will do it in 2 weeks after Lisa if that's okay with everyone. Since it's summer, I have more time. I promise I won't leave y'all hanging if you decide to let me host.

LadybugJett,
Of course you can Host the two weeks (July 17th to July 30th) after Lisa, and thanks for offering, that would be great! Looking forward to see what you will have in store for us. I will take the next two weeks after you….July 31st to August 13th. Seems like we are on a roll here... anyone else up to Hosting and taking the two weeks of August 14th to August 27th?? Smile

Edited by user Wednesday, July 03, 2013 12:55:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#105 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 11:51:59 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

LadybugJett
#2 – This type of card is always hard to make and this one I don’t think is “too cutesy”. Your Mom’s friend owns a Quilt Shop and must enjoy sewing. I like the center of the card cause it does look like a quilt and the machine image is a perfect accent. I believe this card will bring her some comfort during this sad time for her.
##3 - I bet your DS enjoys receiving your cards while working at the Camp. I like the colorful Rooster and the way you added the Camp’s initials to the banners. Very cute and fun card!

Dee
Sorry you have been having all these computer problems. Especially annoying when you can’t figure out what is going on or how to correct it. Hope it’s all better soon!
Easel Card – Bright and sunny day at the beach! She is so cute, reminds me of your DGD with her dark curly hair. Like the BG pattern and the cutout border at the top. Very creative to use the seashell to hold the card up and the bottom part looks like a very colorful beach towel. Great card!

Kiethann
Nice to see you on the MB again and glad you figured out Photobucket. Don't know why, but the MB has not let us open up any attachments lately.
#3 – Like the colors you chose and the double layering of banners with the number spelled out. Some 12 yr. old will be enjoying this card soon!

Kiethann Offline
#106 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2013 7:17:43 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Thank you for commenting on my card. I used real thin metal wire to hang the pennants from. My grandson likes purple and blue so that is why I used it on his card. I hope to be able to comment on everyone's lovely cards next time.