Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

pkozierad701722 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 2:22:25 AM(UTC)
pkozierad701722

Groups: Registered

I've purchased the Cricut original personal cutter the other day. Problem is, CR can not detect the machine as it needs to update it's firmware. Right now it's version 1.31.

Tried to update from Craft Room and even downloaded the Design Studio but no luck there either. I have read in the forum some of the problems other people have with updating the firmware but could not find any threads about the older version of the cutter.

I would really appreciate some help. Thanks in advanced!

cheers,
mkozier
smilesglb1140174d Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2014 1:55:53 PM(UTC)
smilesglb1140174d

I received my Personal Cricut as a gift 2 years ago. Had to put it straight into storage. It never made it out of the box. A couple weeks ago I finally was able to use it. I was able to cut out 3 words and a number then it locked up. The lights on the left lit up, the cutter sets up like it plans to cut then it kicks out the paper. After that, all it does is beep at me when I push any of the buttons.

I attempted the reset thing I saw people were talkin about on various forums. But no luck.
A friend familiar with Cricut told me it needed to be updated. So I researched that and have been tryin unsuccessfully to update the unit.

It is currently in version 1.31.
I can't get my computer to recognize the machine. It will not update it. I am sitting here with a basically unused machine that will not work.

I can't get through to the help desk, I sat on hold for about 1/2 before I gave up.

I am really frustrated and do no know what to do.

Can anyone assist me and help me get my machine to work?
brwneyed cricut girl Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2014 1:59:23 PM(UTC)
brwneyed cricut girl

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: smilesglb1140174d Go to Quoted Post
I received my Personal Cricut as a gift 2 years ago. Had to put it straight into storage. It never made it out of the box. A couple weeks ago I finally was able to use it. I was able to cut out 3 words and a number then it locked up. The lights on the left lit up, the cutter sets up like it plans to cut then it kicks out the paper. After that, all it does is beep at me when I push any of the buttons.

I attempted the reset thing I saw people were talkin about on various forums. But no luck.
A friend familiar with Cricut told me it needed to be updated. So I researched that and have been tryin unsuccessfully to update the unit.

It is currently in version 1.31.
I can't get my computer to recognize the machine. It will not update it. I am sitting here with a basically unused machine that will not work.

I can't get through to the help desk, I sat on hold for about 1/2 before I gave up.

I am really frustrated and do no know what to do.

Can anyone assist me and help me get my machine to work?

so sorry you are having this problem! a few questions,
which machine is it actually?
are you using the cricut sync program? maybe if you install that first, then go to CCR and then try to add your machine.

please let me know if this helps.