Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CarolynLane Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:29:11 PM(UTC)
CarolynLane

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Now that the gypsy is working with CCR. On to my next thing - has anyone had luck using the imagine and CCR? If so any tips, suggestions and what is working for you - thank you!
Carolyn Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:17:12 PM(UTC)
Carolyn

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 91 post(s)
I tried it and it still would only print, not cut. I called in and the tech sent me a link to a previous build to try. I downloaded it but it wouldn't run -- CCR required the newest build to be able to get in and use it. So I decided I had nothing to lose so I let it go to the newest build. I have no idea what happened in that process, but my next try was ... Successful! It printed AND cut.

So I would say, maybe it works!

carolyn in nebraska
Joelene Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:32:17 PM(UTC)
Joelene

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I updated my Imagine the other day. I thought that I would give it a try. The update went quick and smooth. Next adventure, thought I would try and print and cut something. It worked great. Black ink was a little dried up from sitting for so long, put my Imagine printed and cut great with CCR. I only tried one cut, but no problems. Just wanted to ask that you are sure that you had the settings on print and cut, not just print. Hope you get it figured out. Good luck.

Joelene

Edited by user Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:33:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Joelene for this useful post.
Canadiangirl77 on 4/26/2013(UTC)
tara.daisy9e136a1e Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 2:35:18 PM(UTC)
tara.daisy9e136a1e

Did you have to do anything special to get it to work?

I am wondering if my windows 8 is the reason that I can't get it to work since the new update!
tara.daisy9e136a1e Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 12:05:13 PM(UTC)
tara.daisy9e136a1e

Angry Angry Angry Angry

long and the short of it...I was told it was IMPOSSIBLE to go back to a previous build.

I have been advised that CCR was never designed to work with the imagine machine and so they wont guarantee it.

I called bullshit since the website says it works with "all cricut machines", the imagine mat, build info and drivers is in the program, and they sell imagine carts in a digital only format.

They told me as a one time favour if I cut the bands on my machine and photograph it they will replace my machine but will not guarantee that it will work. If I want to cut I have to try and find the cartridges. Funny since they don't make or sell them anymore.

All I have to say is that if it does not work, their next offer better be to send me a cheque for the cost of my machine and all the money i spent on digital cartridges.

I specifically bought this machine because I loved my other cricut and I made sure that CCR worked with the imagine for print and cut since they won't allow MTC or SCAL. If I had known that they would outright lie, I would have gone with a cameo.

I will let you know when the new one comes if it works fine or if I will be contacting my lawyer since they have misrepresented their product.

Tara
MariaReyes1 Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2013 5:51:57 PM(UTC)
MariaReyes1

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1779 time(s) in 1465 post(s)
Mines prints and cuts, Love Love Love but it was also doing it before the Gypsy linking to CCR. I haven't updated my Imagine in a long time Scared Scared I know eventually it will have to be updated to use the HP ink Sad Sad