Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

rosie_a87442b7d Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 3:43:23 AM(UTC)
rosie_a87442b7d

Groups: Registered

Blushing How do I cut images bigger than 12x24 on my cricut expression ? I was wondering if there is a way to cut a image say 48x24 " in different pieces??
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanx
Rosie
Sherri Kay Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 8:07:16 AM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2314 time(s) in 2072 post(s)
People have done this(I have not). Check out YouTube for videos. I think this person just drew up what she wanted to do and and went from there. I don't know how to explain it. Sorry! Huh
Flo Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 1:34:46 AM(UTC)
Flo

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rosie_a87442b7d Go to Quoted Post
Blushing How do I cut images bigger than 12x24 on my cricut expression ? I was wondering if there is a way to cut a image say 48x24 " in different pieces??
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanx
Rosie

What is it you want to do and which machine do you have. I have made things that are longer than 24 inches and wider than 12 inches but it totally depends on what you are doing. Words are no problem at all but I did a Santa and I put the images on the gypsy and moved them so I cut 3/4 of each side and overlapped them. I have not done this without using either CDS the gypsy or CCR. Now with CCR the images can be put off the mat to the right but I have not tried to cut a part image this way but it is worth a try. If you let me know what you want to do I will explain how you can do it or do a video showing you how to do it. On the E2 you can design onto up to 6 mats and it will hold it all in the memory to cut it. You can contact me either by reply to this post or message me with an email
rosie_a87442b7d Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 3:07:26 AM(UTC)
rosie_a87442b7d

Hi Flo! I have a cricut expression (not the e2).. I was hoping to cut a hockey team symbol to place on our rec room wall but I want it much bigger than 12x24 ! And I have no idea how to make my own svg files ! Any help u could give me would be greatly appreciated ! Thnx :)...
KristyHerring Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2013 12:54:15 PM(UTC)
KristyHerring

Hi. Has anyone had any luck with cutting out images larger than the mat??? I want to do this too but don't want to waste a lot of vinyl figuring it out lol. Any tips would be GREATLY appreciated!
Olivia'sNana Online
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2013 1:10:22 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 782 time(s) in 353 post(s)
the best thing is you have the expression (it is the only machine that works with design studio i believe) but the only way you can cut wider than 12" is using design studio if you can find the program to purchase - it is no longer supported so if you are using a newer cartridge, it won't work with it anyway.

You are limited to the 23.5" x 11.5" on anything if you are just using the machine by itself.
If you have or want to and can find the design studio to purchase and it was updated to the point to include the cartridge that you are using, you can design outside of the virtual mat, the machine will cut only what is within the mat cutting perimeter (23.5 x 11.5 for 24"mat) and skip what lies outside. then you move the image around and keep cutting until you have all the areas cut and then you have to piece together _this may not be a desired option, depending on what exactly you are doing. By movign it around, I mean you have to use a new piece of paper each time, it won't picup where it left off and continue what did not cut. Besides you would be limited to the width of the feed area of the machine. You have to trim away the parts that did not cut and literally piece together to make a complete image. I did a hello kitty wall dec that was about 30" x 18" and it was a big challenge. It was for a birthday part pin the bow on HK game so the piecing was not big matter and looked pretty good anyway.

With cricut craft room (the free downloadable design program), it will not cut ANY part of an image that is has any part outside the cutting area (23.5 x 11.5 for 24"mat) PERIOD, but unfortunate)

The gypsy, same as design studio I believe - but don't have one so not for sure how that worsk. It is a discontinued design tool as well, so finding one that works may be a challenge in itself.

You can get a little more size on some things depending on the design by laying it on your virtual mat in ds or ccr or gypsy by laying it diagonally.

I will just say, there was a time that you could use svg files and there are still a few instances out there that still can if you have the programs and non updated machine before that become illegal to do with cricut. - I am not a user of svg files so don't know much about it other than my machine still has that ability with a program that I have but never use it.

Edited by user Thursday, September 12, 2013 1:14:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified