Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

cmmfox Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:03:15 AM(UTC)
cmmfox

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hello Everyone, I think my Cricut is my new best friend. I've not actually made a project yet. It's a little scary but aside from printing out the "thank you" message when I took my Expression 2 out of the box, I've also printed my own "Happy Birthday" sentiment out of the Craft Room. I bought this with my Birthday money!! This is going to be fun and I hope to meet a bunch of you. Any suggestions for a good daily blog?

Chris
(I got my screen name from raising two boys in the boy scouts and camping every month for 10 years. I was in the Fox Patrol)

P.S. - I don't have a creative idea bone in my body. I'm a great copy artist for those that want to share.
 2 users thanked cmmfox for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/28/2013(UTC), Sing&Scrap on 2/28/2013(UTC)
scrapalette Online
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:30:42 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18408 time(s) in 8181 post(s)
Welcome! You're gonna love your Cricut! Wub

I have a blog, but don't post daily, that almost all Cricut projects. You can click on the blog icon at the bottom of this post to go to it. I found most of the blogs I follow by looking through the project forums on this MB. There's a forum for Cards, LOs, Vinyl, Other Crafts and when I see a photo that peaks my interest, I go to that person's blog {if they have it linked or post a link to it} and look at their other projects.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
cmmfox on 3/4/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:33:09 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7583 time(s) in 4440 post(s)
cmmfox - Welcome to the Message Boards/Forums. We'll look forward to seeing your creations and your thoughts and opinions on the boards. It's a little amazing what you can do when you set your mind to it. I started out wanting to do a 66-year album for my parents (they're both deceased) and siblings. BUT, once I got going, I got hooked on making cards for my family and close friends. I love making cards.

There is a lot of talent on these boards. Check out all the other forums AND the Project Center (on the menus above). You can get a lot of inspiration there.

Almost everyone has a BLOG on here. Many have given us videos and instructions on the BLOGS that are very helpful when you're trying something new.

Have fun!

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
cmmfox on 3/4/2013(UTC)
Sing&Scrap Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:46:51 PM(UTC)
Sing&Scrap

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 611 time(s) in 327 post(s)
Welcome!!! Don't get overwhelmed or scared off by all the incredible projects you see on this board. Everyone is so supportive whether your project is simple or complex. We're also big enablers so watch your pocketbook... you'll see so many things you just "have" to try... Glad you took the leap and we would all love to see anything you create (and I'm definitely a "scraplifter" of great ideas... just make sure I give credit to the original designer!)

1 user thanked Sing&Scrap for this useful post.
cmmfox on 3/4/2013(UTC)
CraftyMichelle Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:59:35 PM(UTC)
CraftyMichelle

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Hi cmmfox and welcome. You are going to love it here, everyone is so helpful and you are going to have so much fun with your new cricut. I have had mine for about a month now and im sorry i waited so long to get one. Enjoy it and cant wait to see some of your creations.

Michelle
 1 user thanked CraftyMichelle for this useful post.
cmmfox on 3/4/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:31:37 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: CraftyMichelle Go to Quoted Post
Hi cmmfox and welcome. You are going to love it here, everyone is so helpful and you are going to have so much fun with your new cricut. I have had mine for about a month now and im sorry i waited so long to get one. Enjoy it and cant wait to see some of your creations.

Michelle

And, welcome to you, too, Michelle! Glad to have you on the MBs; we'll look forward to your input/creations, also. - Char
Sherri Kay Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, March 01, 2013 2:26:41 AM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2308 time(s) in 2066 post(s)
Welcome, Michelle! The more you practice with your new machine, the easier it gets. I promise. It just all seems overwhelming at first. Smile
cmmfox Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2013 7:49:39 AM(UTC)
cmmfox

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Thanks for all the "welcomes". I have made my first card and since it took me three days to figure out where this post is, I can't make any promises as to when I will post my first card. LOL. Chris
 1 user thanked cmmfox for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 3/4/2013(UTC)
maria2193 Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, March 04, 2013 9:05:37 AM(UTC)
maria2193

Was thanked: 114 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cmmfox Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for all the "welcomes". I have made my first card and since it took me three days to figure out where this post is, I can't make any promises as to when I will post my first card. LOL. Chris

Hi, welcome!! I've just started using the MB for about a month now,it can be a little intimidating at first, but before you know it, you'll be used to it... although there is still some things I am unsure of. You might want to check out the Raks and Swaps,I have such a good time with it and it helps you get to know some wonderful ladies on here.

A great place for posting projects is the project center up top, plus you'll see everyone elses projects that are posted with directions on how to do it. I love it, I have over 20 projects posted already, but on there you can only post projects that you've made using the cricut, any other projects (non Cricut related) will have to be posted on the board. As far as the cricut,it's addicting once you get the hang of it!!

Well good luck and happy crafting!!

Smile Maria
CricketCMV Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2013 3:14:24 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: cmmfox Go to Quoted Post

If you get in trouble finding some of your posts, click on the MY TOPICS menu at the top of these forums and you can see the last threads you posted in....that will let you know where to go if you don't want to work from there.

HTH.

Char