Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

zrobindebolt4c715406 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:58:37 PM(UTC)
zrobindebolt4c715406

Groups: Registered

I have to finish a project by tomorrow morning--yes, me bad. I finally figured out how to get the letters the size that I want, I put it in the machine...... I have had only two successful cuts and I've loaded the project page into the machine about 20 times. Did I mention that I have to recreate the porject page each time? I get the machine to accept the mat. It sucks the mat and spits it out appropriately, the cutter seems to "read" the whole sheet. It says its cutting, and then the machine goess dead. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to save a project page so that I don't have to keep recreating it? HELP!
Robin
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 4:38:08 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7577 time(s) in 3540 post(s)
Originally Posted by: zrobindebolt4c715406 Go to Quoted Post
I have to finish a project by tomorrow morning--yes, me bad. I finally figured out how to get the letters the size that I want, I put it in the machine...... I have had only two successful cuts and I've loaded the project page into the machine about 20 times. Did I mention that I have to recreate the porject page each time? I get the machine to accept the mat. It sucks the mat and spits it out appropriately, the cutter seems to "read" the whole sheet. It says its cutting, and then the machine goess dead. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to save a project page so that I don't have to keep recreating it? HELP!
Robin

You didn't mention which Cricut you're using... but regardless... have you installed the correct drivers onto your computer? You'll find the drivers in the Help Menu of CCR.
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 12:23:01 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7597 time(s) in 4447 post(s)
Maybe I'm not understanding, but, are you going up to the top menus in CCR and clicking on the BLACK FOLDER-looking icon to open all your projects?

I suspect Narelle understood better what you're wanting, but this is what I perceived that you were trying to do.

You shouldn't have to recreate your projects.

When you're in CUT mode, anytime you CANCEL out of that screen, you do have to start all over again. If you don't CANCEL out, you can use the side arrows at the bottom of your project to get to the different mat layers you've used on your project before going out of the CUT.

HTH.

Char
zrobindebolt4c715406 Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 1:41:06 PM(UTC)
zrobindebolt4c715406

Thanks, everyone for the suggestions. Their quality is measured by my increased sense of ignorance about my Cricut. I don't even know what or where the Black folder and CCR exist. I've even written this email twice and I have no idea where it went......

I have an Imagine. I got the machine 13 months ago and I downloaded what i needed to make it work, Do I have to do that again? I never hit "cancel". The machine just dies and there is no warning.

One kind rep told me to look for the little pencil in the corner when I needed to size the fonts I was working with. I see that little pencil when I use the Imagine cartridge, but not whne I'm using the font cartridge. Am I really missing the boat here?

I've been trying to take a course at my Joanne's (where my husband bought the machine) and they have repeatedly said that they sell so few Imagines that there is no need to run such a class. Would it help me to take noe of their Epressions courses? I know I'm ignorant, but I am trainable, and I've caught the bug!
melodylanedesigns Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 3:36:46 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1779 time(s) in 884 post(s)
I don't have an Imagine so I can't help. But try Youtube and do search for cricut Imagine tutorial, you can learn anything on Youtube.
Narelle Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 4:42:36 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7577 time(s) in 3540 post(s)
Can I ask if you are using the Imagine by itself? Or are you using the Cricut Craft Room program with it? Your post is in the Cricut Craft Room forum but it sounds like you are designing straight from the cartridges on the Imagine itself.

One thing you should make sure of is that your Imagine is up to date. If you haven't already download and install Cricut Sync from http://www.cricut.com/home/support/cricut-sync

Once that is installed on your computer use that program to update your Imagine. Power on your Imagine and connect it to your computer using the USB cord that came with the machine. When your Imagine has fully powered on, launch the Cricut Sync program from the desktop icon on your computer. It will check for any available updates and will allow you to download them. Depending on the updates that are available, this process may be a short as a couple of minutes or as long as a few hours.