Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

94 Pages«<9091929394>
Nancycs Offline
#2731 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 4:20:30 PM(UTC)
Nancycs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
OK I posted the pic with the 2012 on the bottom.

Paula I want the 2012 on there too but I just didn't like it on the top very well. I just hope it doesn't interfere with the party info on the white card stock like Pat had mentioned. I do like those Lake pictures too! It was a fun weekend. I just wish it were longer.

Well I am hungry and the chili is done so I am going to eat!
imnchghere Offline
#2732 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:33:07 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good evening all... Nancy, I like the 2012 on the bottom. I guess now it will all depend on how it looks with the printing on it.

I have spent the evening on a stack of paper to sort and pinterest. I need to get to bed now though. Tomorrow is going to be in the upper 60's, so my plan is to try to get in the yard maybe and definitely a walk. I would like to get all the last leaves out of the front island. Some of my daffodils are looking like they are close to blooming. Well, maybe a couple weeks, but not like they should be in February. My neighbors crocus are blooming. I might see if I can get some pictures of them tomorrow.

I am wondering if we should start a new thread. I remember years ago, when threads could only be so long. Then last year they could only be 15 pages long. This evening I had a hard time getting the *post reply* button to work on this thread, but not on the cfs thread. Just a thought. If you can't get this one to work, look for a new one.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#2733 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:31:19 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Pat, I like the idea of a new thread, the way my computer is I can use all the help I can get!! The monitor was delivered but they said the rest would take longer.
You are having wonderful weather. We have a winter storm warning for tomorrow afternoon thru Friday. Morning is supposed to bring freezing fog.

Thursday house tomorrow, then hairapy.
rm920 Offline
#2734 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:54:07 AM(UTC)
rm920

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Good morning all...

Nancy,I like the invites. I think my favorite one is with the cap at the top and 2012 at the bottom in the middle. But I agree you will know better when you have them cut out and ready to put together and have all the information on them. Sorry about the fussy kiddos, but at least they did go to sleep! Did you get your bills done?

Last nights games were good but we lost both - the ladies by only one on a last second shot by the other teamSad And it was senior night were we honored the outgoing senior players as this was their last game on our home court!

It will be a very windy and cooler day today. Hope to get back to craft desk tonight
Nancycs Offline
#2735 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:03:55 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

Pat that may be a good idea for a new thread. I have been having problems with posting as well. Of course this is the only thread a comment in so I just assumed it was the site. We are starting to see buds on our trees but they say if we get a hard freeze again, which is likely. that those will die and then the trees start over a gain so our leaves will come in late.

Paula bummer that you only got the monitor. The computer is what you really need. I do think it odd that they delivered only part of it. Enjoy hairapy! We were supposed to a have a storm too but that moved off to the south so we won't see much if anything at all.

Rhonda that one is my favorite too. I may print up a sample to see how it looks. Of course my black ink isn't working well so I need new ink so it may not work like I want it to. Sorry about your team losing. Too bad the seniors lost their last game at home. No I didn't get my bills done. I need to get that done today.

Well there is nothing new since last night. I need to keep plugging along on my projects. I hope to get my t-shirts done this weekend and possible get the paper ordered for the grad invites. J's has free shipping with no minimum purchase. I just need to figure out what color blue. I need Lizzy and Laurie's help. I think they use bazzil. I am just afraid to go by the computer screen because it can always look different.

imnchghere Offline
#2736 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 7:18:23 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning... I am really looking forward to the spring like temps today. It is a little breezy, but I can deal with it.
Nancy, I've not noticed any budding on the trees yet, but there may be some. I think a lot of plants/trees are going to be messed up this year.
Rhonda, that is too bad your teams lost. What are your plans for the craft room tonight??
Paula, that is a bummer about the computer. Obviously, you are getting a desk top. Well, anyway, I hope it comes soon.

I am working on laundry today and also the page kits. That will be in addition to getting outside. I do need to get off my behind and keep moving though.

Nancy, I have a friend who uses a lot of bazzil. I will ask her and see if she can recommend a royal blue. She is in a TON of swaps on another message board and bazzil is the card stock they use.

Washer just went off, so time for the next load. I will try to set up a new thread later.
Nancycs Offline
#2737 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 7:59:36 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Pat I would appreciate that if you asked your friend. I have until Saturday for the free shipping. I haven't noticed the budding either, it is just what I have heard on the news. I also did a load of L this morning.
imnchghere Offline
#2738 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 10:14:30 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Nancy, I heard from my friend and these were her suggestions based on "rich royal blue", which is what I told her.

These are the ones that I think might be close to what she is looking for. If she has time to order one sheet she could check them out to see which one she likes:

Mystic
Classic Blue Bazzill
Calypso"
Pauly-Poo
Bazzill Blue

Hope this helps!!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2739 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:51:19 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies!

Nancy, maybe that storm will miss us too. It's supposed to hit tonight and they are saying 6 inches. I am counting on the fact that they are usually wrong!!
Hopefully Laurie or Lizzy will pop in and help you will your paper color issue. Carrie uses it too but we haven't heard from her in ages. Crying

When DH ordered the computer, they told him the monitor would ship out right away and the rest would be later, (two weeks maybe? I didn't listen very well)

The house went really fast today. They went to Columbia (yes, the country) for a wedding so they were hardly there since I cleaned last week. They are taking off again tomorrow so I won't clean next week. I will do my "once in a great while" house next Thur, so that will work.

Thanks Pat for being willing to start us another thread.
Nancycs Offline
#2740 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 2:35:58 PM(UTC)
Nancycs

Pat thank you for the color suggestions. I went with the Bazzill Blue. I also got Great Lakes because it was a very pretty blue. I am not sure I would use it for the invites but I will use it for scrapping. I got black too, but it is crazy how many blacks there are. Coal, blackbird, black, licorice, london fog, ebony, and the list goes on. I got 2 different ones since I use black in other things too. Hopefully their shipping isn't too slow. It has been a long while since I ordered from J's.

Paula glad your house was easy. I hope you don't get that snow!
Flee57 Offline
#2741 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:51:20 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Nancy, I am sorry I didn't respond last night. When I saw your post I decided to check my Bazzill. Well, I found myself in lala paperland and completely forgot why I was looking until I just read your post. I am a very bad judge of royal blue but I was going to say that I thought classic bazzil blue or just bazzil blue remind me of royal blue. I hope the color works for you. I know what you mean about black...it's crazy!

Pat, a new thread sounds good. I'm actually surprised we made it to 92 pages. We had nice weather today too but it was dreary. Would have been great if the sun was out!

Rhonda, sorry your teams lost. Did you make it into your craft room?

Paula, that would have really bummed me out, only receiving the monitor.

Lizzy, where are you?

I stayed the whole 8 hours at work today LOL I didn't want to but I stuck it out. Had to leave early Tue for my eye appointment, Wed to my cardiologist and tomorrow to meet my new doctor. My cardiologist is quite impressed with my changes and told me I should be the poster child of low sodium eating. He told me to keep up what I am doing because it's working. Down 5.8 lbs now. My BP was 118/70. It's kept under control with medication but I have always run in the 130's/80's so I am quite pleased with that. I feel amazing! Now if I can just get my work life in order LOL

Sadie just got out of the tub (napping) and she's peeking out the bathroom door at me. She won't come to me though. She just now went back to the bathroom and is resting in her 2nd fave spot...against the wall with her nose on the hallway carpet. Now all I see is her nose. She's just too cute :)

We are supposed to get thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow. Hope they are not too bad.

Tomorrow's Friday!!!

Later!
Lizzy Offline
#2742 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 10:04:24 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

OK....sorry for being MIA....I wish someone would tell me what life is like without being chronically stressed and tired. I finally decided to make an appointment with the doctor so one week from today, I'm seeing my doctor about being so tired all of the time. I'm upstairs right now and it took every ounce of energy I had to climb those stairs. It seems like all I do is work. Tonight I didn't get home until after 6:00 and after dinner all I've done is work. I couldn't find a printer to print my report cards so I had to bring them home to print. I've got them printed now and I still have to sign them and then stuff them into the envelopes. Of course, I'm several days late on other paperwork. Damn, I just cannot seem to get caught up.

The training on Tuesday was fabulous. It is about writing and it was great. However, it is stressful putting it into practice which we are already doing. And, then on Monday, we are doing a "lesson study" where one of us teaches a lesson while the rest watch, then we debrief, replan the same lesson and someone else teaches the lesson again several days later. The focus is on how the students are learning, but let's face it, do I want to be the one teaching it. Uh....no! The fun just never stops at my school!

In the meantime, the pain I've had in my neck since August hasn't stopped and now I have a pain on my left side which feels like a rib pierced my lung. I got that when I shoved a desk over to make room for another desk when I got two, yes, TWO new students on Wednesday. Thank you very much!

Yes, in case you were wondering, I am complaining!

Thankfully, Kelly called me this afternoon and asked me if I could scrapbook on Saturday. Did I say yes...nope, I said YES! I told her I had thought about calling her and telling her I was going to scrapbook and hoped she could join me but then thought that was cruel...so was glad she called me instead. This time, I'm paying for the sitter, too! I need it so badly!!

On Sunday, we are driving up to LA to meet the kids for brunch so it should be a fun and hopefully relaxing weekend. I just have to get through tomorrow, right? Yeah...right! I can do it! At least today, I wore my favorite pants and that made me happy! And, tomorrow, my lunch is being delivered...I'm looking for every single little piece of happiness I can find.

Nancy, I'm not so good with the Bazzill...I don't use many of their colors...I have a standard set of colors I use. I'd go with what Laurie says, she uses more than I do.

I'm going to log off here and go back downstairs and finish up my work. I have the report cards to sign, staple, fold, and stuff into envelopes. Then some writing to plan, and that paperwork to wrap up. Then, I'm going to hit the hay. Everyone take care....I'll check in tomorrow or this weekend. Take care my friends. Thanks for listening to me moan and whine.
rm920 Offline
#2743 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 6:46:37 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all...

Lizzy, you have really had your plate full. I am glad you are finally going to check with a dr. about being tired so much. Hope he can figure out the problem. Also check out the paint in your ribs! I know you will have a great time scrapping with Kelly this weekend. And finish off the weekend with DD! Great!

Laurie, you have been keeping busy with dr. appts. this week! But it sure sounds like you are making great progress on your new diet! That is a very good thing! WTG!!!

Nancy, I know you are glad to have the paper ordered! I am also amazed that there are so many "blues", "blacks", "whites" etc. But each one is subtly different. I used to try to keep certain basics on hand all the time, but it seemed each time I went a color would be discontinued and replaced with another and I couldn't keep up. So I just buy some each time I go in several different colors. I also try to keep a list when I am getting low on certain colors. I also use lots of Bazzil - Michelle got me started on that!

Pat, were you able to get the page kits put together?

Paula, you will have so much fun when the new computer finally arrives. And of course the speed with WOW you! Glad the house wasn't too bad yesterday.

I actually worked on layouts last night. It took me quite a while to figure out where I was and what I had planned, but finally got going and did get 3 pages finished. Of course, now that I have started, I want to keep going, but DGD will be here tonight and tomorrow we are having a girls shopping day so wont get back to scrapping until maybe Sunday Sad

Ok, time to head out for work. So glad it is Friday. This week has been very slow!!!! And boring!!!

Oh, and does anyone know where you can get coupons for Kohls? I have an account and I get coupons every so often but since there is not one in my town I don't get there very often so I don't get many coupons.
imnchghere Offline
#2744 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 7:01:18 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning friends... a little dreary here this morning, but we are going up to 70 again. Then back down tomorrow. We re under a wind advisory though. Some areas will get up to 60mph gusts. Whoa!!!
Lizzy, I am glad you got a Dr's appt and hopefully you will get some answers. I am guessing there will be a lot of tests, but if it is treatable then, you will be good to go.
Ooooooooooh and another fun scrapping day for you. I am going to try to get more page kits done tomorrow. Maybe the ones for the reunion last fall of all Jim's cousins. More pictures to print and papers to pick.

Paula, I saw on the news last night the 'swath' of snow going through your area. Did you get any of it? Interesting you computer didn't come in one shipment. We have a monitor we need to find a home for. It is a nice big one, but there really is no market for them.

Rhonda, WTG on getting THREE lo's done. I know the feeling of wanting to keep going on them, but I know time with dgd is important also.

Nancy, I hope the paper comes quickly for you. Then you can get those invites knocked out. The prices were really good (I thought)

I need to get moving here. I waited for the school buses to finish running, so I don't get stuck behind one.

Have a great day all.

Nancycs Offline
#2745 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 8:43:37 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

Lizzy I am so sorry you have been so stressed. I hope the weekend helps and it is good you are going to see the DR.

Laurie thanks for checking on the Bazzill for me. I just wish I could count on what I see on the computer and it would make it much easier. I hope you like your new DR.

Pat 70* again? I only wish! I thought the prices on the Bazzill were very good too. It worked out to be .20 for the 8.5 x 11 and .31 for the 12 x 12. Good idea on waiting until the school buses are done running. Not only do you need to worry about getting stuck behind them but there are more kids running around.

Rhonda are you signed up for Kohl's email list? If you are you should get coupons that way. You will also get a $5 coupon to use in the store. Here is a YES pass for 15% off that you can use this weekend. THis is a link you can print from. It came from my email and I just clicked on the print black and white pass.

http://a248.e.akamai.net...Pass&om_rid=85894873

Let me know if it doesn't work. I don't have your email since my hard drive crashed other wise I would have sent you the email.

Paula I am sorry I forgot to mention that my J's doesn't carry Bazzill but mine is pretty small. I ordered it online. Are you snowed in??
Nancycs Offline
#2746 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 11:23:32 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Paula this is for you. This is black ink for your imagine for 4.95. I didn't check shipping but thought that seemed like a good deal. THe color ones were 19.95.
http://www.cricutmachine...info.php?products_id=563

For everyone else I did see a few carts for 14.95 and the vinyl was 4.95, I think. THere were a few other deals too. Those were just a couple I remembered.

Edited by user Friday, February 24, 2012 12:05:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nancycs Offline
#2747 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 5:55:27 PM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good evening!

Rhonda I hope you are enjoying your time with DGD!

I hope everyone had a great day. I got my ink in my printer to work so I could see if Riley's invites are going to work. I think they will look fine and the 2012 won't look funny with the print at he bottom. I have adjusted the blue base a bit in CDS so now I need to cut another one to make sure it works. I have every thing ready in CDS just waiting for the paper. I just need to figure out exactly how I need to word the invite so I can get that part done.

Tomorrow I am going to work on the t-shirts. I just need to cut the vinyl and iron it on. I am worried about positioning it right so it is not crooked. That is about all I have planned. I guess laundry needs to be done too. I am looking forward to a weekend to not have much planned. Just do what I want without anything pressing to do.

Rick is gone ice fishing again so it is just the boys and me. This is the last time he will go this year. It will start to get too warm and the ice will not be thick enough. We will go up sometime in the next month to get the place cleaned up and just take a weekend away. I am not sure when that will be since I have 2 weekends already full next month.

Well I guess I am going to start my weekend with a little tv.

Have a great evening!
Lizzy Offline
#2748 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 11:11:16 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Hi friends...Nancy, I finally took a peek at the grad party invitations. They are really nice! I definitely like the date on the bottom! They balance them really nicely! And, enjoy your relatively not very busy weekend! I'm sure if you take it slow and easy on those shirts, they'll be fine!

Rhonda, what do you plan to do with your DGD this weekend? It sounded like you were thinking about going to Kohl's? I've not been there since Christmas...although I've thought about it a few times.

My week was hideously long even thought it was only four days. My stress is returning and I really don't know if I can deal with two more years of working. I was very disappointed with some test results I gave to my students today. Some of them acted like little beasts this afternoon and honestly, I just didn't have the patience to deal with them.

My little fellow whose mother passed away was very emotional and cried because of hurt feelings and said, "...and they have two parents and I only have one..." which nearly ripped my heart out of my chest. He is raw with feelings these days and just about everything hurts his feelings. I so understand his feelings so much and just have such a hard time not wanting to just sit down and bawl right along with him.

I sure wish I could quickly figure out how to manage here without my income....hmmmmm......

Thankfully tomorrow I am scrapping with Kelly. I sure do need a break! Then on Sunday, we are driving up to LA for brunch with the kids. Kat asked us to look in the garage for anything we can donate to the softball team at her school for their parking lot sale. I sure will do that!

Well, I am off to bed, so I'll check in tomorrow or Sunday! Everyone take care.
imnchghere Offline
#2749 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2012 7:10:26 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning..
another windy day here, but now the temps have dropped.
Lizzy, I hope you have a relaxing and productive scrapping day with Kelly. What will you be working on? I am wishing we didn't have this company party tonight. I would have much rather been able to go to the crop today.
That is so sad about the little boy in your class. Does he get any kind of counseling (church or school)?

Nancy, I hope your quiet weekend is productive as well. I know how you feel about the shirts. Take them slow and easy and you will be ok.
Rhonda, I know you will have a fun time today.
I think I am going to work on printing pictures from the reunion today. Then maybe tomorrow I can work on the page kits. What I really should be working on are the books. I just keep avoiding those piles.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#2750 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2012 9:43:09 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies!

Yes Pat, we did get that snow! Woke up Friday to a winter wonderland. Everything was covered with white. It was a wet heavy snow and it stuck to everything. Even the street signs were white. The stop signs didn't even show any red. It was rainy and snowy so, pretty much slushy. Last night I went to crop with friends and when I came home shortly after 11 everything was a sheet of ice. Pretty scary! Around 8 we were told there was a big accident on the highway and cars were backed up for miles. It keeps trying to snow today but so far not much.

Lizzy, sorry you had such a trying week. I sure hope you enjoy yourself with Kelly today!! Tomorrow sounds like a good day too!! Great incentive to get rid of some stuff with the sale, to bad you didn't have more notice!!

Nancy, you are just going to town on your grad party plans!! I am sure the shirts will be great. Remember, no one looks at our crafty projects as close as we do!!
Boy!! You are the barer of good deals here!! Thanks for the deal link, I have been trying to stay away from the craft stores and sites!! Crying I also have not been doing much with my Imagine. I need to spend some time working with it!!

Pat, I hope you get some pictures printed today. What kind of a party are you going to tonight? Dinner? Fancy? With people you know?

Rhonda, hurray for you getting started on your pages! Now it will be easier to continue. Glad you can spend time with DGD this weekend! Enjoy!! Will you be shopping for anything special or just shopping?

I did my Tuesday house yesterday since I couldn't get in Tue. (I now have the garage code so that won't happen again!!) Then cropped last night. Worked on some cards and a tag book. I didn't have anything lined up by my dear sister told the lady I was coming so I did. Mostly social!! My DS worked on a quilt. My mom had started it and DS said she wanted to finish it. (My mom passed away like 22 years ago!!!)
Tonight we are going out to dinner with 6 friends then going to an event at Church. They have comedian Jeff Allen coming. Should be a good time.
DH is working on taxes, I guess I should see if there is anything I can do....

OH, OH, OH,!!! I forgot to tell you!! Katie called me yesterday. It was so good to hear her voice but the connection was really, really bad! They had traveled to Kenya and were in Nairobi getting ready to head out to the boondocks again. She has been having trouble with pain in her side and they gave her a round of antibiotics and she thought she was improving. This morning she called my sister and said she did not head out with the group but stayed in Nairobi to go to a hospital to get checked out. The pain was back and she didn't want to leave civilization and have it get worse. We are waiting to see what tests reveal As I was typing that my sister called and said tests show acute appendicitis and they are consulting another Dr. to see if it can be treated with antibiotics or if she needs surgery. If surgery is required, I think they will chose to take her to a missionary hospital about 45 minutes away to have it done. Besides the normal difficulty for my sister having her 19 year old so far away in trouble, she has her husband who did not approve of Katie going, making life difficult for her.

Wow! now I really do have a book here!!
rm920 Offline
#2751 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2012 4:52:18 PM(UTC)
rm920

Hello all...

Paula, so sorry to hear about Katie! I will keep her in my prayers that everything goes well for her. And positive thoughts for DS - I know how I would feel if it was my child facing a health situation so far away! And topping it off dad making things worse Mad Enjoy time out with friends tonight!

Nancy, I hope you are enjoying your easy weekend. Take advantage while you can!

Lizzy, I hope you have had a very productive day with Kelly. And look forward to tomorrow with DD. I don't think I could have held it together when the little lad was so very emotional. They wear their feelings on their sleeves. And the other children really do not understand what he is going through. I hope you come up with some great items for DD to donate to the teams garage sale!

Pat, I know you will enjoy the company dinner tonight. Then you can get back to pictures and page kits!

Laurie, what have you been up to this weekend? I received your package today! I like the papers you sent. Do I leave them whole or use them any way I want for each card?

The time with Amber was fantastic! We went to salad and soup last night and then just visited and watched TV. She really opened up and talked about how she is struggling with her feelings. It was good talk for both of us. Then we got up this morning and headed to Topeka. We stopped first at HL. I got more paper. We also got Amber's initials so we can alter them for wall art for her room. She picked out the embellishments she wants to decorate them with. We will work on that project on her next visit! Then we went to Kohls and Penneys. I bought a few tops and she got a new purse. Really did a lot of window shopping and just spending time together. Then her dad called and wanted her back home, so we headed back home. I really enjoy our time together!

I think I will read the paper and listen to the ESU Hornets play their final regular season game. It is not a home game.

imnchghere Offline
#2752 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2012 10:37:07 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening all. What a long day. I got a lot of pictures printed for page kits. I am liking the quality of the prints from the new printer. Having 5 color cartridges instead of 3 makes a difference.
Paula, the dinner was Jim's company's award & recognition dinner. Very nice and they go all out. It was fancy and at The Willard Hotel downtown. About a block from the White House. And yes we knew the people attending.

Rhonda, sounds like it was a good evening and day for you and Amber. Hopefully you will be able to get back to your pages tomorrow. Now that I am getting pictures printed, I am anxious to get the page kits ready. I have 4 weeks to the crop. I have a few Gingerbread years to catch up or finish up. My Heritage albums are in good shape, but I want to work on some family pages for Jim's side.

Paula, I saw that Katie ended up having surgery. Hope everything went well. I am sure your sister was beside herself with worry.

Well, I am calling it a night. Tomorrow we are going to dgs's cub scout awards dinner. Should be interesting. I will sped the early part of the day working on more pictures and maybe cutting titles.
I hope Lizzy had a good day with Kelly. Nancy, I hope you had a good one also.

Edited by user Saturday, February 25, 2012 10:39:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

rm920 Offline
#2753 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 6:02:12 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning...

Paula, have you had any updates on Katie? I am still sending good wishes and prayers. Looks like you had a good time last night with friends.

Pat, glad you enjoyed the dinner last night. And it is really great that you are liking the print quality of the the new printer. I recently saw a demonstration of a printer that has 8 separate cartridges! I'll bet it prints awesome photos! Enjoy DGS's awards program.

Lizzy, hope you have an awesome day with DD.

Nancy, hope you are enjoying your relaxing weekend.

I am headed off to get some coffee. Then need to pay some bills and start L. Then hope to get to crafting.
Flee57 Offline
#2754 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 7:30:56 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good morning everyone!

The sun is shining here in Rising Sun but it is still a chilly 24*. It is supposed to warm up today. I just want winter to completely go away now.

Pat, how fun that you got to go to a fancy event. The casino used to put on some real nice fancy smancy events where they go all out on the decorating. Those are nice to go to. And today a cub scout award and dinner. Busy weekend again for you.

Nancy, how are the shirts coming along? I hope you are enjoying your relaxing weekend.

Paula, how is Katie doing? I can't imagine how your family is feeling with her being so far away. Continued prayers for her. So glad she wasn't out in the bush and it happen out there.

Rhonda I'm glad you got the package. I hope you like what was inside. You can use the papers any way you want to. I will be making my 10 cards throughout the week. Glad you and Amber had a good time. Sorry her Dad cut it short.

Lizzy, I hope you got to scrap with Kelly yesterday and I hope you and Terry have a great day with Kat. I also hope you have a better week at school.

I started my Art Journal yesterday. I am working with watercolor and acrylic paints along with inks and other stuff. I will be putting my own thoughts in the journal but also making pages of quotes that have meaning to me. I am going to really enjoy it. I love my cover page. I'll try to take a pic and share with you guys.

My DH is driving me nuts today and it's only 9:30!

Later!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#2755 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 9:04:36 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies!

As usual, I am running out the door.

My sister talked to Katie during the night and she sounded good.
I was just looking at air fares, don't know if my sister has considered going. I really haven't had a chance to talk to her much. The flights are $1200 and up. Travel time is from 20 - 42 hours, wow!!

I hope everyone enjoys their day, I will catch up later. Going to Costco with my friend today.
imnchghere Offline
#2756 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 10:11:33 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning ... I have been working on research this morning as well as printing pictures. I need to find some page map ideas, so I can print the right size pics though. I think I making good progress, but I am going to need to stop and work on cutting titles and journal blocks at some point. Maybe tomorrow I will work on that.
We have nice weather for the next week. Temps in the mid-upper 50's and sunshine. I have to make myself walk first thing and not get sucked into computer.

Jim & I are trying to plan a trip to Richmond (VA) one day to check out a library. Then we will plan an overnight trip to work on his family lines. We are also trying to work out some additional day or weekend trips to other places for research.

Laurie, look forward to seeing a picture of the cover page of your art journal. Sounds like a creative project.
Rhonda, hope you have lots of creative juices today at the craft table. oooooohI just had a thought for the pages for the cemetery picnic pictures. Going to jot some notes down and then see if I can find the papers I have in mind.

BBL

Flee57 Offline
#2757 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 4:28:49 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening all.

I can't believe it's almost 6:30. I have no idea where the day went!

I bought some journaling markers to use in my Art Journal and I now have 7 pages and ready to show what I've been doing. It's so fun to do!

Later!
File Attachment(s):
DSCN0529-1.JPG (3,143kb) downloaded 0 time(s).
DSCN0530.JPG (3,207kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
DSCN0531.JPG (3,029kb) downloaded 11 time(s).
DSCN0533.JPG (3,136kb) downloaded 11 time(s).
DSCN0533.JPG (3,136kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
Flee57 Offline
#2758 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 4:38:24 PM(UTC)
Flee57

OOPS,my cover page isn't showing up. Here it is.
File Attachment(s):
DSCN0529-1.JPG (3,143kb) downloaded 11 time(s).
rm920 Offline
#2759 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 5:26:21 PM(UTC)
rm920

Laurie, your journal pages are really coming out nice! I worked on the paper you sent and have 6 cards complete!

I also finished another layout today! But I have cleaned my space for now and am going to read and watch TV. I didn't even pay attention to the weather outside. I went out to fill bird feeders and it was 65*!!!! Wow! Guess we aren't going to get any winter.

Paula, did you get anything exciting at Costco? Glad to hear Katie sounded good. Hope the recovery is smooth. Glad she didn't head back out!

Pat, How is your research coming? Hope you can work out your research trip real soon.
imnchghere Offline
#2760 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 8:11:25 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Good evening.. Laurie, the journal pages turned out real nice.

Rhonda, wow lots of cards and a LO. WTG !!! Will we get to see the cards??

We had fun at the Boy Scout event. DGS got his next patch. Dinner was catered by Red, Hot & Blue Barbeque. It was yummy

When we got home, I had hoped to print out some more pictures, but got to watching TV. I wanted to finish printing gingerbread house page pics today. sigh~~~

Plan tomorrow is to get a walk in first thing and then work on pictures.