Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

okstout4352affda Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 9:23:54 PM(UTC)
okstout4352affda

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I got the Rock Princess cart today and I am sooooo confused. Just to test this thing out my son (4yo) and I wanted to cut a heart. So according to this book on page 79, the 2nd row down, four over is a Heart....BUT its not a heart on the panel overlay...it shows a crown. I pressed Layer2 as the book states, but the screen is indicating a Crown when the button is selected. Then (thinking I got it right) I chose "Heart Font" (not realizing it said "FONT"), chose the Bleeding Heart and instead got a "U" w/a heart in it. Wrong again. I was able to do the guitar, but that's it because Im now frustrated. Im looking at this book and comparing to the overlay and nothing matches. Im so confused as to how to get this heart. Layer1 shows two hearts, Layer 2 shows one. Im still playing around w/it. I do realize from some of my other carts (which seem to be simpler) that these overlays can represent other things than indicated, but it says 4th one over on 2nd row across and its not a heart, when choosing layer2. Any help is appreciated.
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 9:44:03 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18420 time(s) in 8187 post(s)
What you are looking at on page 79 is the placement of the images for Layer 2.

Take the overlay and count over 4 on the second row. That is the Character key for all the images on page 41. When you press just that key, you will get the crown pictured in the blue area on page 41. When you press that key and SHIFT, you will get the star in the blue area, upper right corner.

When you press that key + layer 1 {a feature key}, you will get a heart. If you press that key + layer one and SHIFT, you get another heart.

It works that way for each Character key. You have a base image and a different image in the SHIFT key + the Character Key. Then each Creative Feature key has two more images, one without shift and one with shift. So each character key actually has up to 14 different images depending on which combination of keys you select.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
okstout4352affda on 2/10/2012(UTC)
okstout4352affda Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 10:55:39 PM(UTC)
okstout4352affda

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
What you are looking at on page 79 is the placement of the images for Layer 2.

Take the overlay and count over 4 on the second row. That is the Character key for all the images on page 41. When you press just that key, you will get the crown pictured in the blue area on page 41. When you press that key and SHIFT, you will get the star in the blue area, upper right corner.

When you press that key + layer 1 {a feature key}, you will get a heart. If you press that key + layer one and SHIFT, you get another heart.

It works that way for each Character key. You have a base image and a different image in the SHIFT key + the Character Key. Then each Creative Feature key has two more images, one without shift and one with shift. So each character key actually has up to 14 different images depending on which combination of keys you select.

Yes, page 79 for Layer 2. Ok. I understand, page 41....and before I read this post I (w/out looking at the book) cut Layer1, 2nd row, 4 over and got a tiny heart. Not the heart I wanted, but at least something happened! LOL Just couldnt figure out why the hear was so tiny....even a 5" heart is about 1 printed out, but now looking at page 41 I see that its the tiny heart...exactly what I cut! LOL ok. So basically the hearts Im looking at on page 79 is the tiny hearts found on page 41. Ugh. I thought it was a bigger heart. I think if I want a heart I will prob have to go w/the one on page 44 using the shift key...I think...Ugh! accidentally chose the one w/the flames! Trial and error going on here. Finally the heart I think I wanted!!! I will just have to cut away the excess (bleeding heart). I think Im getting the hang of it. I think it might have been me thinking that that heart on Layer2 was a big heart, not the little ones and didnt realize they matches the preceding pages. So basically my overlay should match all images in the pink areas on the image pages and everything else on every page is under Layers, phrases, Fonts or Shadow...under the main overlay image. I think I got it! Thank a Million!!! I really thought my booklet wasnt matching the overlay! LOL